Rumour Bidding War For Origin Stars

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
With Paulo being a “Cousin” on my BIL side..now might be the time to give him a nudge to move to the BlueNWhite..god knows I gave him enough shit about Parra at my sisters wedding. Lols

Not talking out of my ass, here’s my son with “Uncle Junior”. DBF852CF-5315-43A4-9A15-4362905023F8.jpeg

Last edited:

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Origin 2021: Thirteen NSW and Queensland stars coming off contact and ready to pull megabucks
It’s the player scramble worth nearly $7.5m. An unprecedented 13 players from NSW and Queensland squads named for Origin III are either off contract now or will soon join the open market.

Dean Ritchie

This will become the great State of Origin scramble worth nearly $8m.

An unprecedented 13 players from NSW and Queensland squads named for Origin III are either off contract now or will join the open market in a little more than three months.

Those players are Dale Finucane, Api Koroisau, Daniel Saifiti (withdrew injured), Clint Gutherson, Junior Paulo, Kurt Mann, Dane Gagai, Tariq Sims, Moeaki Fotuaika, Angus Crichton, Felise Kaufusi, Christian Welch and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow.

The total value of the 13 players stands at an estimated $7.7m.

Dale Finucane hopes to have his future sorted shortly after Origin.

Dale Finucane hopes to have his future sorted shortly after Origin.

Finucane, Mann and Gagai are free agents after this season, while the remaining nine players coming off contract after next season can be headhunted by rivals clubs as soon as November 1.

Let the bidding wars begin.

“We are going through the process at the moment and talking with clubs,” said Finucane, who has eight clubs interested in luring him from Melbourne. “Hopefully we can have everything in front of us soon. I don’t want to do too much during this Origin period.

“But once this is all finished up then I will be looking to make a decision in the next two weeks. We are seeing what the possibilities are and then exploring all those. But it is a decent possibility (he would leave Melbourne) at this stage given they are struggling with some cap space.”

Tariq Sims is hopeful of staying at the Dragons.

Tariq Sims is hopeful of staying at the Dragons.

Sims comes off contract after next season but wants to remain at the St George Illawarra Dragons.

“I was going to wait until this (Origin) series was over and then approach the club and talk to them,” Sims said.

“I definitely want to stay at the Dragons. Nothing has been said or done yet and I will just focus on my footy at the moment. I will let all that look after itself for now.

“My body feels great, I’m moving really well and I’d love to play on – and definitely in the Red V. I love the club. The more you play for them, the more you understand the culture and history. That makes you want to be there even more.”

Api Koroisau isn’t worrying about his future until the end of the season.

Api Koroisau isn’t worrying about his future until the end of the season.

NSW prop Paulo is also a free agent from November 1.

“I will let my footy do the talking and I will leave all that to my agent. But blue and gold does suit me,” Paulo said. “It hasn’t been a conversation that has come up recently but I’d love to be at Parramatta.

“For myself, I’m happy to be in Sydney with my family but whatever happens, that’s footy.

“You do whatever you have to do to provide for your family.”

Koroisau’s contract at Penrith expires after next season but he isn’t concerned about the future.

“I will start worrying about that I guess in November,” Koroisau said.

“I love Penrith. It has a great culture and is a club on the up, definitely, no question.”
Interesting story.. It does feel like patience(Nov 1) and spending money on the right type of player for the clubs future lies within this group of players however nothing wrong with a catch up for dinner or two to secure an earlier decision from Junior and Crichton..Mr Fox hold a secret session with ur buddies( Finucane & Welch ) Arthur put your money with your mouth is and lead the way..

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Clint would be a juicy proposition, but I’d imagine would come at a hefty price what a Smokey that could be perhaps

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clint would be a juicy proposition, but I’d imagine would come at a hefty price what a Smokey that could be perhaps
Always rated him but don't see him leaving now as he's playing good footy, settled and Eels captain. They won't lose him as he's a unit at 6"4 with good balll playing ability.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of that list, the only ones that scream "that's a Bulldogs kinda signing" are Kurt Mann, and Tariq Sims.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Always rated him but don't see him leaving now as he's playing good footy, settled and Eels captain. They won't lose him as he's a unit at 6"4 with good balll playing ability.
Yeah bro true that agree just some wishful thinking

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow there’s some talent there. Move on
Every prick in our squad and start signing … MR LAUNDY please make your way to Belmore ASAP and bring your cheque book.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow there’s some talent there. Move on Every prick in our squad and start signing … MR LAUNDY please make your way to Belmore ASAP and bring your cheque book.
We have plenty of money, our only limitation is the Salary Cap. If Laundy, as a sponsor, pays anyone using his "cheque book" (does anyone actually use a cheque book these days?) then it is included in our Cap, so it doesn't help one bit. What would help is if some of Laundy's business associates with no affiliation to us were to kick in some TPA's. But Laundy himself is absolutely no help, cheque book or not.

Always a Bulldog

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see Api leaving Penrith. They don't have many options behind him and they'll make him a priority.
Perhaps, but surely with all their signings & top ups we can out bid them by 150-200..worth it to us!
It may also be worth it to Api to jump ship to us...

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Paulo being a “Cousin” on my BIL side..now might be the time to give him a nudge to move to the BlueNWhite..god knows I gave him enough shit about Parra at my sisters wedding. Lols

Not talking out of my ass, here’s my son with “Uncle Junior”. View attachment 26424
Work your magic bro!!
He would look much better in the blue & white than the slimy pricks colours!!

Last edited:

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll open the check book for Daniel Saifiti Christian Welch and Brendon Smith the big three make it happen
That would be the re-making of this great club along with Burton!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perhaps, but surely with all their signings & top ups we can out bid them by 150-200..worth it to us!
It may also be worth it to Api to jump ship to us...
Maybe. They'll definitely start feeling the pinch soon but I think guys like Kikau, Leota etc are more likely to be let go than Api as he's more important to them.

Api is a very good player but he misses a lot of games and is getting older so I don't know if he's worth throwing big bucks at. It depends on if anything happens with Smith I guess.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
B Smith is 2022 or never.

The new Brisbane team will be his 2023 home if he stays at Melbourne next year.
I don’t think the second Brisbane team is happening in 2023 mate. A few months ago it looked a certainty but the clubs voted against it and I think a study showed it wasn’t viable.

The blowout scores also are not happening as there are doubts there is enough talent. Teams can start signing players for 2023 from November this year so if it’s not signed off on soon it won’t be happening.

I agree that was B Smiths preference but it may be taken out of his hands