Best moment of 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
In your opinion?

I can't go passed our victory over Manly, our origin stars out and T-Rex playing half and Jackson 5/8. Probably one of my favourite win's over the last 3 years actually - it was a masterclass in coaching by Des, showing Toov's that at the end of the day he is still boss.

Noteable mention - our win over Melbourne in Melbourne - 6-4. We had Perrett, Reynolds and Morris out that game and still managed to grind it out. Great moment... and when you think about it, without these 2 wins we may have missed the finals altogether.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
All the Sack Des Threads and posters... LMFAO

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When the siren sounded at the end of the Preliminary Final against the Penny Panthers

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved our win over Manly, and in particular, one set of six, where Thompson made 20m, Kasiano made 30m, Loyd 10, and Ennis kicked a field goal.

BUT!!!! I can't go past our win against Melbourne in the first week of the finals. I was fearing the worst, coming off a shocking run of losses, playing melbourne in Melbourne, on a dry track. But our convincing win reignited my hope all over again. And here we are, in the GF.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
- Beating the Roosters 9-8. We played the whole 80min that game.

- Beating the 15-14 on Good Friday. Just always felt confident we'd get back into the game.

- Beating the Warriors 16-12. That Morris tackle on Johnson was AMAZING!

- Beating Manly 23-16 without our halves. Just couldn't believe the performance we put in that game.

- Beating Storm 6-4 in Melbourne. The best defensive display I've seen all year. The Storm had no clue what to do.

- Beating the Eels 18-16. A lot of people forget how great our forwards were in that game.

- Beating the Storm 28-4 in Week 1 of the finals. NO ONE GAVE US A CHANCE (Including some our own fans), and we blew them completely off the park in their own playground.

- Hodkinson kicking the winning field-goal in Week 2 of the finals after playing the last 10min at 16-16 with one man down.

- Sealing our position in the GF after Morris catches a high kick from Soward in the dying seconds.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When Josh Morris caught that bomb after full time against Penrith so far lol

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved our win over Manly, and in particular, one set of six, where Thompson made 20m, Kasiano made 30m, Loyd 10, and Ennis kicked a field goal.

BUT!!!! I can't go past our win against Melbourne in the first week of the finals. I was fearing the worst, coming off a shocking run of losses, playing melbourne in Melbourne, on a dry track. But our convincing win reignited my hope all over again. And here we are, in the GF.
The set of six in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG1gX6bHkCY

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
In your opinion?

I can't go passed our victory over Manly, our origin stars out and T-Rex playing half and Jackson 5/8. Probably one of my favourite win's over the last 3 years actually - it was a masterclass in coaching by Des, showing Toov's that at the end of the day he is still boss.

Noteable mention - our win over Melbourne in Melbourne - 6-4. We had Perrett, Reynolds and Morris out that game and still managed to grind it out. Great moment... and when you think about it, without these 2 wins we may have missed the finals altogether.
I think the highlight of the season is making a grand final after such a disappointing season in rounds 1-26. We put in some embarrassing and inept performances indeed. If you said to me we would make the grand final in the latter rounds I would of said you're on ice.

Anyway, our best and most satisfying victories would have had to have been the 28-4 demolition of the Storm, followed by the dismantling of Manly and Penrith.

The 6-4 victory against the Storm was solid, but we could have easily been beaten (but weren't) 28-6. Mitch Brown came up with 3 or 4 miracle plays in a row which he will never ever repeat.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Last week was very satisfying however I would rather see us win more comfortably as in Melbourne for my heart is shot from all these tight finishes

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last week was very satisfying however I would rather see us win more comfortably as in Melbourne for my heart is shot from all these tight finishes
I was still shitting myself against Melbourne... even at 24-0.

Had a couple of things bounced their way in that second half, I reckon they would have been able to catch us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Best moment is when Graham, Ennis and Pritchard hold up the trophy on Sunday.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Graham bashing Matalino and Burgess
Beating Storm first week of the finals

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I miss Kasiano so much. He's exactly what we needed against a big Souths pack.
Agree. Everyone overreacts when talking about his negatives. The things they say are dramatized. He's not this ridiculous defensive liability. His regular defense is really good and his goal line might be suspect at times, but hey, every player has a flaw.

Re: the actual topic at hand, 6-4 over Melbourne, and pretty much every finals game.

Habs' comment about Brown in the 6-4 is true, he played possibly the best game of his career that game.

The finals are special because we were written off by everyone.

But hopefully the best performance comes with us winning on Sunday.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The 6-4 win v melb the defense was beyond amazing.

Malla

Reaction score
The 6-4 win v melb the defense was beyond amazing.
Yeah I only watched the replay earlier this week and thought the same thing. We were down on troops and defended for so long. I think if we are looking at a turning point, this game could have fostered that. Would have given us so much confidence in believing out D was good enough to hold out anyone when they apply themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.