Bennett blames toxic workplace environment for clubs performing badly (He will never coach us)

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sam Burgess ay? Lol the bloke he was covering up for who was using someone elses piss to beat drug tests?

Please mate, save it. Bennett is a piece of shit.
You can dislike him all you want. The fact is he’s a tremendous coach and has proved it for decades. If he was coaching Canterbury we wouldn’t be in this mess.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he's a dick but Bennett would have to be a BIG upgrade on Barrett.

He does seem the type of coach we need at the moment (experience, gets respect from players)

Is there anyone (in their right mind) who would prefer Barrett if they had a choice between the 2 ?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know he's a dick but Bennett would have to be a BIG upgrade on Barrett.

He does seem the type of coach we need at the moment (experience, gets respect from players)
He would be an asset to the club, unfortunately it ain’t gonna happen

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not having a dig at him but Bennett will go anywhere for the right price. When he went from the Dragons to the Knights, it was all because of the dollars offered by Tinkler.

Warburton needs to get on the front foot as our leader and come out this week with some announcements.
He wanted to come TWICE but they opted for 2 rookie shit *****.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Deflecting from the real issue. Blowout scorelines have everything to do with the rule changes.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
...sorry but the rule changes have totally FUCKED the game imo

end of story
Seems a lot share this sentiment. Did you actually enjoy watching four and five players slowly grab someone and wrestle them to the ground? Cannonball tackles, chick wings, dim sims etc. I couldn’t stand watching what the game had become

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Highly unlikely Bennett would consider coaching us. We have to be one of the main clubs he is talking about as being a toxic environment.

Might be why Gould rejected us also.

As he says, it is very easy to always blame the players. Even if it is the players aren't management (who created the roster) to blame for that also ?

Wayne Bennett blames ‘toxic’ clubs for scary NRL trend
Wayne Bennett has pointed the finger at underperforming rivals for causing a huge NRL issue that is causing fans to turn off.

James Matthey
jamesmatthey

JULY 5, 20217:31AM

Pause
Loaded: 0%

Current Time 0:24
/
Duration 0:30
Fullscreen
Your video will play after the ad
NRL: South Sydney Rabbitohs head coach Wayne Bennett speaks on his team's Round 16 performance against the Wests Tigers.

Wayne Bennett has teed off at suggestions rule changes in the NRL are causing more blowouts, instead putting the onus on clubs with “toxic environments” to sort themselves out and become more competitive.
Speaking after South Sydney beat Wests Tigers 38-22 on Sunday afternoon, the Rabbitohs coach said clubs making poor decisions had to accept responsibility for the spate of games with huge winning margins.
Watch The 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Live & On-Demand on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >
On Saturday, Manly thumped the Bulldogs 66-0, Gold Coast belted Canberra 44-6 and Newcastle ran riot against the Cowboys in a 38-0, resulting in a 148-6 bloodbath across all three matches.
Melbourne hammered the Roosters 46-0 on Thursday too as the round finished with an average winning margin of 26.75 points — making it the most lopsided NRL round in 20 years.
Many have pointed to rule changes speeding up the game as the reason for widening the gulf between the best and worst teams in the league, but Bennett doesn’t want to hear excuses.
“Management of clubs has a huge result on performances at the moment. Clubs have got to take a hell of a lot more responsibility than they are taking for the way the game is being played. It’s as simple as that,” Bennett said.
“I’m not going to name names and not going to name clubs but if you look at some of the decisions they’ve made, some of the things that have happened to players ... I wouldn’t want to be at that club and I know if I was in that club I wouldn’t be playing very well.
“Clubs and their management and things that are happening at clubs are absolutely adding to the scoreboards.”

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch Friends: The Reunion on BINGE Get BINGE Basic from only $10/mth
Canberra fans walked out during the Raiders’ loss to Gold Coast.

Canberra fans walked out during the Raiders’ loss to Gold Coast.Source:Getty Images
Bennett said the buzz around rule changes — such as introducing set restarts for ruck infringements and players being offside within the 10m — and blaming underperforming players was a beat-up that distracted from the real problems.
“I listen to you guys … you keep blaming the players. You’re so off the mark it doesn’t matter. You’re not in clubland, you don’t understand how it works,” Bennett said.
“Until the club itself gets their management in order, their whole ship, the club, the players will not be able to respond. But you keep blaming the players.
“You’re saying, ‘They get paid so they should go out there and play’. Not one of you guys go to a toxic environment to work and do your best work.
“You’re professional in your roles as journalists, it doesn’t happen for you. It’s no different in a football team.
“But the easy blame is to put the blame on the player because he’s not playing well, or the team’s not playing well. You’ve got to look deeper than that guys, because that’s where the problem is.
“It’s not the rules, rules may be part of it, you just look at some of the transfer and movement of players within clubs, in the last month even. It’s pretty ordinary stuff.”

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems a lot share this sentiment. Did you actually enjoy watching four and five players slowly grab someone and wrestle them to the ground? Cannonball tackles, chick wings, dim sims etc. I couldn’t stand watching what the game had become
Well mate I’ll be totally honest and as a lover of rugby league for almost 50 years...I’ve gone from watching 8 games a week to barely even 1. I just can’t get into the games any more, the ref has so much influence on the amount of possession and the huge swings in momentum...garbage as a spectacle

I’ve just lost all interest and add to that the fact that the bulldogs are pure trash...the side I’ve followed all my life

I dropped my Foxtel subscription and signed up for Kayo but I’m even thinking of cutting that lose

Malla

Reaction score
You can dislike him all you want. The fact is he’s a tremendous coach and has proved it for decades. If he was coaching Canterbury we wouldn’t be in this mess.
Ok

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett is a hypocrite -

bemoaned the Storm's slowing down of the ruck and yet he was one of if not the first NRL coach to employ a wrestling coach... Backflipped on taking the Roosters head coaching job when the story was leaked and he got blow back... once spoke of not negotiating with clubs which already had coaches out of respect but to get back to the Broncos did exactly that to Griffin... is openly against a second Brisbane team because it will detract from the Broncos... does not consider the impact of the rule changes on the game out of self interest since the 6 again rule was his idea which originally got trialled in the All Star Game... look at the state of the Knights after he left and his great roster management there --> 3 straight spoons followed... look at some of the decisions made by the Broncos during his second tenure --> $700-800K a season for 3(?) years with a couple added on as a PLAYER option... Milford on close to a million dollars... Bird on $900K+ etc... Hunt, Ash Taylor and the Nikorimas all let go of and now the Broncos have to commit to a 30+ year old Adam Reynolds etc.

by the way, winning 6 premierships with the Broncos doesn't mean much in my eyes considering how stacked with talent they were, that they had the best facilities, Brisbane and QLD to themselves etc.

Bellamy is a better coach

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not having a dig at him but Bennett will go anywhere for the right price. When he went from the Dragons to the Knights, it was all because of the dollars offered by Tinkler.

Warburton needs to get on the front foot as our leader and come out this week with some announcements.
I think Bennett's management actively call clubs all the time to see how much he might be able to get. I do agree with some of the stuff he said however and our club has been a classic case study of terrible roster management.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Let's call a spade a spade. If we adjusted to the new rules and demolished every team then none of us would be complaining now.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bennett is a hypocrite -

bemoaned the Storm's slowing down of the ruck and yet he was one of if not the first NRL coach to employ a wrestling coach... Backflipped on taking the Roosters head coaching job when the story was leaked and he got blow back... once spoke of not negotiating with clubs which already had coaches out of respect but to get back to the Broncos did exactly that to Griffin... is openly against a second Brisbane team because it will detract from the Broncos... does not consider the impact of the rule changes on the game out of self interest since the 6 again rule was his idea which originally got trialled in the All Star Game... look at the state of the Knights after he left and his great roster management there --> 3 straight spoons followed... look at some of the decisions made by the Broncos during his second tenure --> $700-800K a season for 3(?) years with a couple added on as a PLAYER option... Milford on close to a million dollars... Bird on $900K+ etc... Hunt, Ash Taylor and the Nikorimas all let go of and now the Broncos have to commit to a 30+ year old Adam Reynolds etc.

by the way, winning 6 premierships with the Broncos doesn't mean much in my eyes considering how stacked with talent they were, that they had the best facilities, Brisbane and QLD to themselves etc.

Bellamy is a better coach
Bennett would say those players he signed on that money would of played better under him. He even said so himself recently regarding TPJ.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry but this is coming from the same bloke who cheated on his misso for some young staffer at the Knights? He has 2 disabled kids and left his wife to fend for herself while he went and fucked a broad 20 years younger. We all know about the toxic environment this creates at Newcastle hence why theyre in the shit theyre in now still trying to get out of it.
He created that shit in Brisbane too.

Last thing I really want to see is Wayne talking about toxic work environments. I think its time he fucks off and retires, the game has passed him.
Well said bro, he’s also butt hurt that we rejected him as coach last time.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Talk about propoganda for V'landys.. This argument holds no weight. There have always been struggling clubs every season and blowouts were never this common. You never used to see top four and top eight teams lose by 40 plus several times a season. The average margin is 20 plus points and that's the weak clubs fault?

Skeletor clearly has an agenda as he was on the rules committee. He's supported everything V'landys has done because they're thick as thieves. As always, don't take a word he says seriously.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very simplistic way to look at things by Bennett. The rule changes have had an impact as well as the lack of talent around to fill rosters. When you look at the top 100 salaries published the other day and what some players are being paid it's completely ridiculous. And V'landys wants to add more teams.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Skeletor is out dated, very successful coach obviously, but would not want him coaching the bulldogs EVER.!!

Maybe 10 years ago, but no thanks..!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bennett is simply having a cheap shot a the Groncos who sacked him !
Anyone believes that roster management only is the reason for the shellacking scores is as senile as Bennett is !!!
I ask The Supercoach, how does he explain the floggings of the well managed teams likes Souffs and the Rorters
Bennett likes the new rule changes because it suits his team !!!