BENJI to Dragons - Will he Play ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more I'm thinking "you fcking stupid *****". Not only were the Dragqueens dumb enough to sign this sht ****, they're paying him 550K a season AND the dud gave these sht ***** a deadline and they listened!
$550k? You reckon?
I really think he would be taking a paycut to be back in league and prob the only 1/2s earning that coin would be thurston & cronk. I do not think even DCE & Foran would get that (yet)

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more I'm thinking "you fcking stupid *****". Not only were the Dragqueens dumb enough to sign this sht ****, they're paying him 550K a season AND the dud gave these sht ***** a deadline and they listened!
Haha, plus they'll have to pay the Tigpies compensation more then likely.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha, plus they'll have to pay the Tigpies compensation more then likely.
Didn't his contract run out though so no compo needed?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I look forward to benji's no look passes with his teammates having no idea what he is going to do next. He will do one great play and be praised for it while he next 10 will be failures.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope he does play, I think he''ll destroy team harmony.. because it's all about the benji... That's why I'd never want him in the blue and white

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he was contracted until end 2015. I heard the tigers CEO a few weeks back saying they only allowed his release to play for rugby and if he was coming back to NRL they expected compensation.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he was contracted until end 2015. I heard the tigers CEO a few weeks back saying they only allowed his release to play for rugby and if he was coming back to NRL they expected compensation.
They should get compo they are still paying him this year and next.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah I didn't know, I always thought they didn't offer him that promised contract for 2014 and beyond so he left.

stueymclaugh

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he was due an upgrade because of cap increase, verbal deal, tigers wouldn't honour it so he packed up his marbles

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Highly doubt it. We will murder him if he plays.

So kinda hope he does.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he was due an upgrade because of cap increase, verbal deal, tigers wouldn't honour it so he packed up his marbles
Benji may pack his marbles to play with someone else but also convince the tigers to keep paying for the next two years it may only be 30k a year but wtf.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who is more stupid the merge for signing him?
Or the merge fans who now think they are definitely going to win a grand final this year ?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought what happened was, with the cap increase they offered him the upgrade he said he wanted more they said get ******, and pulled the upgrade and he was left with his original contract feeling unloved.

When Dugan signed with them in 2012 did he come straight in that weekend or a delay? Might give you an idea o How Price operates.

Last edited by a moderator:

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought what happened was, with the cap increase they offered him the upgrade he said he wanted more they said get ******, and pulled the upgrade and he was left with his original contract feeling unloved.

When Dugan signed with them in 2012 did he come straight in that weekend or a delay? Might give you an idea o How Price operates.
Benji had a handshake deal with the tigers board for an upgrade, as did Farah. When the new board took over, they honoured the deal with Farah but told benji they weren't honouring his, and that his current contract price was all he was getting..

Pretty dog move tbh. I know people who were involved with tigers and they now have nothing to do with them. Apparently the way they handled Tim sheens and marshall was disgraceful and lots of people n the club have no faith in the current board and hierarchy

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dumb move dragons need forwards not backs

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Surely it would take more than a couple of days for the NRL to register a contract so I couldn't see him playing against us. Glad too, don't need an unknown factor playing against us. Just for the record I think he will probably find some old form at some stage.....if he's serious that is.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he plays. Him and his stupid ass goose step getting smashed by Bupa!

Beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.