triplex11

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Holdsworth and Joey would be a awesome combo ,

Put roberts on bench use him like the tigers

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Roberts is better at 5/8th, but having said that i can't really blame him...we were practically kicking from our own 10-20m line at some stage.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can add j williams to the disgrace list too

last night i couldn blv how many kennelers were crapping on about how well we played!, i was like wake up & smell the coffee u dills , no matter who the opponent is & no matter what the ijury toll is, if u get cained 46-0 then ur team didnt play well ,

not only that we never even came remotely close to scoring any points!
Same here man I can't stand it when people here say they played well. Playing well would of ment we won, or just lost. The injury toll had everything to do with that lose, but the Bulldogs did not play well.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
didnt we bring in joey williams to play halfback???if benny and joey are gonna be our halves it should be 6.Roberts 7.Williams imo

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell get better again...Cant crucify him on that effort...for most of the year he has been very effective.... Not much could be done last night..we had no answers

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
Benny's a great ball runner quite often finding wholes or putting people through them .
I thought Joe williams mostly played halfback throughout his career , and he played pretty well sometimes at the bunnies at 7 .

B

Ben Godberts.

Once Kevin Moore takes over we will se improvment from Ben

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
ben roberts is a terrible half..

all he can do is run the ball from the games i watch him. might be a good centre/winger but we've never seen him play there..

the sooner he gets out of the halves the better!
I think he spent 2006 semi final series in the centres. he didn't go too bad attack wise but he lacked in defence at times. But that was two years ago and he is more consistent now.

The only answer for this year is that Dj and Benny will have to stand on either side of the ruck and play both 6 and 7

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
every1 gave it 2 DJ when he was halfback, u c roberts plays even worse as a halfback lol.

DJ is the better 5/8. Roberts is a future centre imo. He has the attack and foot work 2 b lethal and his step is pretty good. I dont think his defence is too bad either.

Marino

Belly Brothers
Reaction score
not a good game to go by, no go forward to work off

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
I think that your halves are only as good as your forwards and lets face it. The forwards on Saturday were backwards putting it nicely.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
groom-bench hooker 2009????
kimm-roberts halves
not sure what the make up will be but you can be sure the halves will be a threat.i think after all these probs we are going to have to many playmakers next year

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that your halves are only as good as your forwards and lets face it. The forwards on Saturday were backwards putting it nicely.
only 1 real prop on the field.storm saw this and were targeting poor morrin whos hearts bigger than his frame.

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
I know that over thenyears we have had alot of injuries but i cannot remember so many to key positions. The forwards are going to have to work hard this week to fix the softness and all the players are going to have to hit the sandpit to learn how to tackle again. feel sorry for the boys but they were not quiet up to the challenge. Next week is now the challenge. I am stupidly confident in the dogs this week. Go the doggies.

K

KL

Ben Roberts has been the biggest bandwaggon player this year.

offseason = he was Kiwi halfback by default
Then after a few weeks it was "Roberts is god"
now DJ>>>>>>>Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.