Ben Roberts - 2011 Discussion Thread

Should Ben Roberts Play Next Week against the Dragons?

• Yes - Starting Side

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes - Bench

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chipandchase

to be honest i dont think we need Roberts on the bench. if ennis had match fitness the he would not be there.
id rather have Millington on the bench or halatua who can cover forwards or backs.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think some of you are missing what Moore is telling Roberts. To my way of thinking Roberts is being told he could play as a ball playing lock forward which is why he is on the bench. Think about it for a sec - he runs very well, has got great hands and is more than big enough. I think Moore will have him come on and play on the left side with Frank and Josh and have Keating play the right side with Hodko playing as a true halfback. I said last year that Roberts will turn ointo a ball playing forward which is what we have been lacking since SBW. Im excited to see this pan out if it does.
I totally agree with you, Roberts at lock would be lethal, im looking foward to when and if they actually do it.

Helena_K

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ive always thought roberts has been very effective with scoots out of dummy half towards the end of halves so being on the bench may be a good for the team plus it should motivate him

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm still not sure where he will sub in.

Ideally Ennis should take a breather and allow Roberts to come in and play the ball faster, and speed up the ruck. We know last year when Ennis was injured/on SOO duty, that the fill ins were servicing the halves much faster.

That's a minor criticism of Ennis btw.

For me:
Ennis - 0-30 minutes.
Roberts - 30 - 40 minutes, 40 minutes - 50 minutes.
Ennis - 50 - 80 minutes

But will Roberts be happy with only 20 minutes a game? I doubt so.

But that combination could work well. Bring on a faster ruck and fresh 2nd row and props and go from there.
could also relieve stag at lock for 20-30 minutes perhaps

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think roberts is dangerous in attack and solid in defence

apart from a few brain fades (possibly due to epilepsy) he is a good first grader

he will get his chance again to prove it

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wonder where moore will put him? mmmm... wherever he goes i really think he will have an awesome game tonight and try snatch the 5/8 position from keating :grinning:

interesting...

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
This year, if I think what Roberts is doing on the bench, will be a defining year for him. He will finally find that consistancy as at footballer, he will be injected to take advantage of those tiring forwards around the ruck. He is a senior player in this team, and he will rise to the occasion. He has matured, he has grown as a person. He will perform to a standard that will be outstanding and no one could ever drop him. I'm happy to see the Hodgkinson / Keating combination, two young whipper-snappers creating opportunities both sides of the ruck. As an old Cleaning products salesman used to say,,, "I'm excited".
Come on Roberts, give it your all. Rise to your full potential.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Roberts needed someone like Keating to make him accountable. With the exception of a coupe of games Roberts has gone missing for the past few years. He will now have to step up to the plate if he believes he has something to offer.
couldnt agree more

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Cant believe KM ony put him on for the last few minutes??? and only put him into the position of a player that was injured!

The guy will loose condidence and motivation for ****s sake kevy!!

Good game dogs but poor play kev the dog moore!

P

Paint.

FFS Moore is an idiot. Put him on in the 50th minute and i guarantee you we'd have scored 30

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
6 minutes of play is f**k all.

But it IS an excellent way to lose a decent player to another side.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roberts has had plenty of time to prove himself. Sure, he should have had more game time, but the game was in the balance and KM did not want to break up what was working.

Benny should not worry about Keating. We are past that point. Aiden Sezer will place him under immense pressure to warrant a contract next year.

And that is sad. Because, Roberts stuck by us last time. He could have gone like the rest did, but stuck around and toughed it out.

Not sure whether Sezer would have one the same.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
roberts would have been the perfect injection in the last 20 as his explosive running game would have cause problems.to play the last 6 minutes wtf.not sure if moore is trying to make roberts hungry or just its his special 6 minute impact play.hope he gets a fair turn next week.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Moore will waste him like he did barba!

Give him a go and then judge his performance FFS

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Moore clearly doesnt want him in the team. I cant say id be sad lol.

Dont start giving it to Moore, he isnt the first coach not to use one of his benchies. Wayne Bennett has done it heaps before.

P

Paint.

Moore clearly doesnt want him in the team. I cant say id be sad lol.

Dont start giving it to Moore, he isnt the first coach not to use one of his benchies. Wayne Bennett has done it heaps before.
You cant say he was given a fair go, tho

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sack Moore

at least bring benny on for a 2nd rower and get some darts out of dummy half or something ffs

we shouldve put more points on em

BulldogsFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty stupid how he was promised that selection would be based on his performance and after scoring 2 tries in trials he's played 8mins in this game just to be tackled

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
whinge whinge ****ing whinge.

We just knocked off one of the better teams in the comp and you want to whinge about a player who has had 4-5 years to make the number 6 jersey his own but has failed to do so. With the way the game was going why would he bring Roberts on just for the sake of giving him a run? so he could have a brain snap and do something stupid?

Moore has done nothing wrong. **** some of you are hard to please!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
You cant say he was given a fair go, tho
mate its about whats best for the team, not the player. Putting him on risks disrupting the flow of the play. Really he can only go on for one person and thats Ennis.

Weve seen it countless times before when players dont even come into the game. Is that unfair for them also?

Status
Not open for further replies.