Opinion Ben hunt offered 700k by dragons

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One important factor to consider is that we previously took Ricky Stuart for a couple of years as a swansong in late 90's and Kimmorley in 2009 also for a couple of years.

Both were success stories for us, who got us playing finals footy.

Ww are desperate for maturity in the halves. Hunt is the type of player we need. Not some young prospect.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One important factor to consider is that we previously took Ricky Stuart for a couple of years as a swansong in late 90's and Kimmorley in 2009 also for a couple of years.

Ww are desperate for maturity in the halves. Hunt is the type of player we need. Not some young prospect.
I actually like having an older HB with a younger 5/8th. Good mix of experience and energy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Knights made the finals with Pearce last season yet they're no where close this year. Reynolds and Townsend made major differences Broncos and Cowboys. We need some genuine experience and we should be learning from other clubs.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hunt could take us to a GF, he is the only available halfback that could, Mahony, Hunt, Burton, is a great mix of experience and youth in the halves, he would unlock burtons true potential.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually like having an older HB with a younger 5/8th. Good mix of experience and energy.
It's not a bad idea the question is, who is the better option for us ?
Hunt:
33 in March, played SOO and Australia as a hooker, a mixed carrier at times struggled to keep the halfback potion at club level, on $1.1 million next season.
Hastings:
27 in Feb., rough start to his carrier that seems to have been sorted, solid all around halfback with maturity to be the captain, man of steel 2019, on 500k for next season.
If I had a choice between the two, it's Hastings by a country mile !!!

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Question is will others teams want him.... i am sure they will and they will pay up .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's not a bad idea the question is, who is the better option for us ?
Hunt:
33 in March, played SOO and Australia as a hooker, a mixed carrier at times struggled to keep the halfback potion at club level, on $1.1 million next season.
Hastings:
27 in Feb., rough start to his carrier that seems to have been sorted, solid all around halfback with maturity to be the captain, man of steel 2019, on 500k for next season.
If I had a choice between the two, it's Hastings by a country mile !!!
Personally I think Hunt would compliment Burton better. I doubt he would be on $1.1m tbh

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ben Hunt would do wonders for us! Get on it gus. We lack leadership in the spine.
Dragons can have Flanno, Wakeham, Averillo with Stimson and Waddell as sweeteners

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ben Hunt would do wonders for us! Get on it gus. We lack leadership in the spine.
Dragons can have Flanno, Wakeham, Averillo with Stimson and Waddell as sweeteners
So give them 4 players who are not even worth minimum wage

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
$1.1m is the reported figure, realistically his better achievements had been at hooker
We wouldn't be in at 1.1 though.. 800 odd I'm in though a little concerned that firstly this would be for 24(dont wanna fn wait)and he will be turning 34 early that year...

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We wouldn't be in at 1.1 though.. 800 odd I'm in though a little concerned that firstly this would be for 24(dont wanna fn wait)and he will be turning 34 early that year...
If a deal is struck between us the Steelers it would have to be for 2023, but I honestly believe Gus would rather sign Jayden Sullivan, one sure thing Gus plays his cards very close to his chest.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
$1.1m is the reported figure, realistically his better achievements had been at hooker
Andrew John’s played Hooker for NSW and Australia, BK at 7.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If a deal is struck between us the Steelers it would have to be for 2023, but I honestly believe Gus would rather sign Jayden Sullivan, one sure thing Gus plays his cards very close to his chest.
Well I think Sullivan is only more chance to be released if Hunt stays?
I agree 23 is way better for Hunt(if he is even an option)i also cbf waiting another year lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well I think Sullivan is only more chance to be released if Hunt stays?
I agree 23 is way better for Hunt(if he is even an option)i also cbf waiting another year lol.
I have a feeling we will either end up with Hunt or Sullivan.

We will up the offer for one to force their price up to release the other.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't see us signing Hunt.. It was reported that Saints have increased their offer to 875k, so he would cost 900k or more to leave..