Ben Hannant

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
He is more than entitled to his opinion.

I don't listen to his show (or any other radio shows to be honest) but if he was constantly negative and constantly bagging the club out for the sake of it then why would anyone take any notice of comments such as this?

Wouldn't they just fall by the wayside and be taken with a grain of salt?

I see you said you still like Graeme Hughes Matt, and that is more than fine, but you still seem to hold some grudge against Steve Price for his comments which I think were blown well out of proportion by you and others?

You claimed Price was trying to use those comments against the club to profit from and sell more copies of his book but isn't Hughes doing a similar thing?

He is making comments such as these constantly on his radio show to get publicity for himself and his radio show which he gets paid well for.

I don't see too much different with these two situations.

Either way I think club legends are more than entitled to their opinions about the state of the club.

Whether they speak out positively or negatively they have a right to an opinion more than the rest of us do as they poured their blood, sweat and tears into the club for over a decade and helped make the club what it is.

If they are negative or constantly bagging the club out then that is unfortunate and obviously not good for the club but there is little that can be done to prevent them from speaking their minds so what is best is to not pay continual negative comments any attention.
Hughes has a radio show regardless. He has a gripe with the club and it's getting tiring, although it's now a legal matter and we'll see what happens.

Price wrote a book and his prime quotes to get the sales are about slagging us out.

Hughes love him or hate him was a one club man and didn't desert us. Price is a Warrior, not a Bulldog. For Price to compare himself to Chris Mortimer is sickening to say the least.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
I just want to clear one thing up, I wasn't trying to have a go at Matt, or goat him in any way with my post, I was genuinely trying to see what his views were.

And I'm not sure what you mean with the Jamal interview or what happened with you and others there, so I can't really comment on any of that.

Other than that there are plenty of people on here who are willing to listen to others and take on board what others say, including those that you mentioned in your post.
When I interviewed Jamal I asked a question about has Tadpole spoken to him about his plans to use him in 2009 and Jamal said he hasn't as yet. There was a lot of hysteria on here and people jumped the bridge saying Jamal is out of favour with Tadpole. KL quite correctly referred to them all as morons.

And to Buldogs 90210 don't interupt. I like and respect Ben and happy to answer his questions. Ben was the first person I turned too when I wanted advice on the Junior League website.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
He had a brilliant game against Brisbane at Suncorp. Go watch the replay. I tell you the guy still has it, let's just wait and see and enough of the bagging please. Players do read this
You sound like Craig Hector. Oh you can't drop Glen Hughes. Remember the game he had against Newcastle in 1998. Same when we argued about Corey Hughes. He said Corey had good games in 1998 v Newcastle, 2004 v Penrith and 2007 v Manly. You need more than one game to prove a point.

This is why Terry Lamb is so far above everyone else. He played good or great for 80 minutes every game. He was never out of the action and always the star player.

TTSA

Waterboy
Reaction score
MattO with out trying to ffed youre ego, I think youre inside knowledge and knowledge of the game is good I think though some people on here think if you have a opinion different to theres you are against the club.Good work with the interviews keep it comming.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sound like Craig Hector. Oh you can't drop Glen Hughes. Remember the game he had against Newcastle in 1998. Same when we argued about Corey Hughes. He said Corey had good games in 1998 v Newcastle, 2004 v Penrith and 2007 v Manly. You need more than one game to prove a point.

This is why Terry Lamb is so far above everyone else. He played good or great for 80 minutes every game. He was never out of the action and always the star player.
FFS Craig Hector? Has he had a sobre day since 1965?

So if I support our club and our team then I am a hopeless drunk is that it?

Mate, there are people at the club who knows a lot more about coaching than you, and if they can see it fit to have him around I doubt your opinion will weigh much.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He had a brilliant game against Brisbane at Suncorp. Go watch the replay. I tell you the guy still has it, let's just wait and see and enough of the bagging please. Players do read this
No he didn't...SBW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Holdsworth in that game..

Holdsworth NEVER dominates unless someone else on the team is dominating already..

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I say get over the past and wait and see how ALL the players go that they put on the field before bagging ANY of them too much. Its a new season and a new era (The Kevin Moore era).

But then nobodies like lalala would have nothing to talk about. All he ever does is b1tch. Hes worse than my ex girlfriend.I might defend HAz but i post a lot of posts in this forum that arent b1tchy or arguments and mostly positive. Some ppl contribute nothing but drama, which is what i am guessing they come here for.
awwww if i praised hazem you wouldn't be saying that..

you mean to you the new era is the era of hazem el masri

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hughes has a radio show regardless. He has a gripe with the club and it's getting tiring, although it's now a legal matter and we'll see what happens.

Price wrote a book and his prime quotes to get the sales are about slagging us out.

Hughes love him or hate him was a one club man and didn't desert us. Price is a Warrior, not a Bulldog. For Price to compare himself to Chris Mortimer is sickening to say the least.
You cant compare the era mate. Football is prfesional now and there is a strict salary cap in place. It was rare for good players to switch clubs in Mortimer and GHughe's day as it wasnt their main source of income

X

XxFoVoSxX

LOL holdsworth is one of the worst players to ever wear the blue and white.
Give your self and over hand right, cant wait for holdsworth to get the boot from the club

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It shouldnt be about leading the pack anyway, in an era of extremely fit competitive teams we need a 17 man effort every week, its like one mistake can cost us a game these days.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I didn't know there was a legal matter involving Heapsy and I think we can all agree that any disputes involving the club or club legends are best settled in a discreet manner so that anymore negative publicity can be avoided.

I disagree about the degree of slander in Price's comments and still regard him as a Canterbury legend regardless of him playing his twilight years for the Warriors.

He was in our 70 year team for good reason.

But lets just agree to disagree on Pricey.

When I interviewed Jamal I asked a question about has Tadpole spoken to him about his plans to use him in 2009 and Jamal said he hasn't as yet. There was a lot of hysteria on here and people jumped the bridge saying Jamal is out of favour with Tadpole. KL quite correctly referred to them all as morons.

And to Buldogs 90210 don't interupt. I like and respect Ben and happy to answer his questions. Ben was the first person I turned too when I wanted advice on the Junior League website.
I must have missed all of that and haven't heard that interview as of yet.

I wouldn't have read too much into that comment by Jamal. The fact that he is in our top 25, is held in high regard both at the club and in Rugby League circles and the fact that we have positions up for grabs in the centres/wing positions all point to Jamal playing a big role this coming season.

Not to mention the form he showed in a losing team at the end of last season when he played.

Besides, it is fairly early on in the piece for Tadpole to be getting to any of that sort of stuff anyway.

I hope I was of some help with the Junior League Matt and I appreciate you asking me. Likewise I like and respect you even if we do disagree quite often and have some healthy debate. :D

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

90210? lmao.

No hard feelings man. See, I questioned you before, I see things differently now, simply cause I heard the interview and had taken it the wrong way. I have no hard feelings towards you 'cause I think your a big help on this thread keeping us updated on things going on both and Junior and Senior levels at the Bulldogs.

I have no hard feelings. Do you?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
awwww if i praised hazem you wouldn't be saying that..

you mean to you the new era is the era of hazem el masri
We that has to be the most obvious thing i have ever heard, Well derrrr if you had praised Haz i wouldnt have a go at you. I wont be arguing with people for giving hiim praise would i? Its the undue abuse i have a problem with.

And if i meant the new era is the era of El Masri and not Kevin Moore then thats what i would have said you wingnut.

I wish you would give uup your obsession with Haz. You seem to want to turn every thread into a Haz thread. If you will go back up to the top of this page and look, this thread is about Ben Hannant. Kevin Moore was mentioned as hes the coach, but whats Haz got to do with it?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We that has to be the most obvious thing i have ever heard, Well derrrr if you had praised Haz i wouldnt have a go at you. I wont be arguing with people for giving hiim praise would i? Its the undue abuse i have a problem with.

And if i meant the new era is the era of El Masri and not Kevin Moore then thats what i would have said you wingnut.

I wish you would give uup your obsession with Haz. You seem to want to turn every thread into a Haz thread. If you will go back up to the top of this page and look, this thread is about Ben Hannant. Kevin Moore was mentioned as hes the coach, but whats Haz got to do with it?
oh the irony.... a haz lover telling someone else they're obsessed..

haven't you thought that if you didn't bother replying to my posts there wouldn't actually be anything about haz? if we bag him and you dont say anything there is nothing to argue against?

Soz i aint gonna praise haz just so you wouldn't have a go at me.

Ye of course you wouldn't say that, you'd literally be the biggest tool on the forum, not that you aren't already. Besides we all know you think Canterbury Bulldogs = Hazem El Masri

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
oh the irony.... a haz lover telling someone else they're obsessed..

haven't you thought that if you didn't bother replying to my posts there wouldn't actually be anything about haz? if we bag him and you dont say anything there is nothing to argue against?

Soz i aint gonna praise haz just so you wouldn't have a go at me.

Ye of course you wouldn't say that, you'd literally be the biggest tool on the forum, not that you aren't already. Besides we all know you think Canterbury Bulldogs = Hazem El Masri
I can always rely on your meaningful and well thought out answers. Thats why i reply to you.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I am with you on that. TBH I use to enjoy that show when I first started listening to it then I noticed a continuing trend set by the host. Tunks is ALWAYS, ALWAYS negative about EVERYTHING and is downright rude to some callers. I respect Peter Tunks as a footballer bust as a human being I have below naught respect for him.
have you heard the way how ray hadley talks to callers about footy? he makes them sound so stupid... fair enough you get dumb callers here and there talking jibberish... but there are some people that want to talk about the games and that and hadley just embarrasses them over the radio.

Tunks i have heard and he is negative about everything... makes you wonder why he is even on radio. Hughes, well it seems that he is still pissed off about the sacking of his bro and has a new agenda at the club about getting rid of the last hughes at the club.

ABC Grandstand are always open about other's opinion.

MILF

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
why is the hughes critical of the bulldogs now he got his board in.

Status
Not open for further replies.