Ben Hampton for Fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Off - contract at the end of this season and Storm are having problems staying under the cap,

Can play Fullback and in the halves

If we could get Hampton we could have:

1. Hampton
6. Reynolds
7. Hodko
9. Lichaa

as our spine for the next 5-7 years and if them 4 can get a combination working between them they can be lethal

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off - contract at the end of this season and Storm are having problems staying under the cap,

Can play Fullback and in the halves
He only looks good when playing with the 2/3 but wouldn't mind him

davosdogs72

Waterboy
Reaction score
We'll after browns performance last night trying to look like Greg brentnall jumping for the bombs, I'd drop him for nearly loosing us that game with 3 errors that lead to 3 try's , I thought both our wingers had a great game in defense and attack , so hopefully we can sign a quality Fullback for next year !!!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
More I think of Mitch last night more I think **** we better sign Boyd or Mead or Hoffman at least with Rona.

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also playing with players like the big 3 will definitely make him (Ben Hampton) a better player just like how Gareth Widdop grew when he played with them

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
sharks signed him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is that confirmed
That would be career suicide
yh he signed before sharp and carney crap so he is having second thoughts..but he can only pull out to stay with storm. Sharks offer is much bigger than storms so i think he will stick to the deal. Cowboys offered him a decent deal also but chose sharks over them.

If we were to sign a player from the storm i would go for Munster..not off contract though :(

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yh he signed before sharp and carney crap so he is having second thoughts..but he can only pull out to stay with storm. Sharks offer is much bigger than storms so i think he will stick to the deal. Cowboys offered him a decent deal also but chose sharks over them.

If we were to sign a player from the storm i would go for Munster..not off contract though :(
Thanks for the info not sure if he would be better then what we have already

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brown played a good game against the front runners of the comp. Even Slater misses the occasional bomb under pressure. Stewart was guilty of misreading a kick which led to a try. Under a towering kick, the best option is to jump - otherwise the momentum is with the attackers. It's not like he dropped every downfield kick. Give the guy a break. For the bulk of the game he was great in defence and attack. He will learn from his experience.

davosdogs72

Waterboy
Reaction score
I dont rate brown and after last night my opinions even stronger , if we had lost last night I know who I would have been blaming for the loss , that's for sure , if that was a semi final game he would have been in the Steve Marvin folk law

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i thought brown tried his best even the best fullbacks make some mistakes. what about brett stewart air swing.

steeliz21

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i thought brown tried his best even the best fullbacks make some mistakes. what about brett stewart air swing.
Stewart dropped 3 bombs against the Roosters, but because he finally played a great half of football in the 2nd half the media seems to keep forgetting his mistakes in the 1st half

coreyhart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Melbourne Storm put their faith in Hampton this year to step up and replace Gareth Widdop at 5/8, by not going out in the off-season to recruit anyone. Only injuries have stopped Hampton this year. Like Widdop & Lockyer, Hampton is just at comfortable wearing the number 1 or 6 shirt. Hampton would be a absolutely sensational signing. Ben would have learned a thing or two from some of the games best in Cronk and Slater. Please Dessie & Raelene, make this signing possible. This kid is class.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dogs already have a ready made fullback, but he's on the wing at the moment.

Was mentioned last night most young fullbacks when they debut in first grade start out on the wing (that might be Gould/Rabs BS though).

But it'd makes sense as to maybe why we aren't seeing Thompson in #1.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dogs already have a ready made fullback, but he's on the wing at the moment.

Was mentioned last night most young fullbacks when they debut in first grade start out on the wing (that might be Gould/Rabs BS though).

But it'd makes sense as to maybe why we aren't seeing Thompson in #1.
Thompson deserves a crack. Would do a much better job than Perret and Brown. Might not be the best at kick returns but i have no doubt he would out play them in every other area.

Status
Not open for further replies.