Ben Barba

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether barba is still planning on staying with us ? O thought with hannant out he may get a call up to a bench position but instead morrin is there , does anyone think he will get a shot soon and why he will or will not .

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Barba > Chuck Norris

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand why he isn't being picked.

It's finals time soon and we are trying to get back into rythum. It would be very disruptive if we were to bring Barba into the halves in spurs during games especially when we are playing far from our best atm.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether barba is still planning on staying with us ? O thought with hannant out he may get a call up to a bench position but instead morrin is there , does anyone think he will get a shot soon and why he will or will not .
So the clubs best front rower gets injured and you want him replaced by a 5/8?

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So the clubs best front rower gets injured and you want him replaced by a 5/8?
Not neccesarily we have four forwards on the bench and I thought the effect that a fresh utility back could break a game open like he did against the warriors , and holdsworth also had some success coming on later in the game

Also I would again like to remind you rexest this was
merely a question to discuss barbas future with the club and also
to evaluate what the general consensus is surrounding him.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not neccesarily we have four forwards on the bench and I thought the effect that a fresh utility back could break a game open like he did against the warriors , and holdsworth also had some success coming on later in the game

Also I would again like to remind you rexest this was
merely a question to discuss barbas future with the club and also
to evaluate what the general consensus is surrounding him.
Hannant is like having 2 props he plays big minutes and gets through the work of 2 props therefore losing him = us needing another prop

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score

It's finals time soon and we are trying to get back into rythum. It would be very disruptive if we were to bring Barba into the halves in spurs during games especially when we are playing far from our best atm.
x2...this time of year we're gonna need to make sure our boys get back into form and have all our veterans out on the paddock

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
When Barba leaves because he didn't get the gametime he felt he deserved and becomes a great player at a different club like Thurston did, all the haters will do a 180. Just you wait.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score

very good point.

diggascott

Waterboy
Reaction score
we cant afford to have 4 forwards of the bench. We have the worst defensive record when these blokes come off the bench. They need someone fresh like barba

DogSince67

40 years a Dog!
Reaction score
Barba = X factor
Its the one thing missing from our team.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
When Barba leaves because he didn't get the gametime he felt he deserved and becomes a great player at a different club like Thurston did, all the haters will do a 180. Just you wait.
Exactly

all these people who are blinded by abit of success atm should give themselves an uppercut

Those of us calling for Barba to get a run, are only doing so because we care about the future of the team

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
Question (And I'd hate to see it happen) - what if Ben Roberts or Brett Kimmorley went down with an injury in the next couple of weeks? Do you really trust DJ to act as a replacement?

IMO we need to give Barba a shot on the bench to see what he can do...we have nothing to lose, we're going to finish top 2...

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Question (And I'd hate to see it happen) - what if Ben Roberts or Brett Kimmorley went down with an injury in the next couple of weeks? Do you really trust DJ to act as a replacement?

IMO we need to give Barba a shot on the bench to see what he can do...we have nothing to lose, we're going to finish top 2...
Its more so IMO Barba giving us that x factor ... the last 3 weeks at various stages, a player like Barba could have changed the game around

we need that added option going into the finals IMO

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Exactly

all these people who are blinded by abit of success atm should give themselves an uppercut

Those of us calling for Barba to get a run, are only doing so because we care about the future of the team
its still 2009, not 2013

we have a chance to win a premiership with kimmorley, he and roberts are better than barba

I

iYike

I totally agree. But you know what their excuse will be, "We had Kimmorely". Ben Barba should play of the bench, Kimmorely isn't going to be here forever you know. Over the years I've seen so many clubs let talented young players go because they couldn't find a spot in FG for them. I've already hearing rumors that John Kite wants to go elsewhere because he isn't getting any game time. I like the Bulldogs (Raiders Fan) but it would be pretty funny to see you guys lose the likes of Barba and Kite because of the likes of Holdsworth, Green, Morrin and co. Lets say in 2011 Kimmorely's gone, what then?

El Masri gone
Kimmorely gone
Patten close to gone
Ryan close to gone
Morrin gone
Hodgson close to gone
Holdsworth Lol

You have to keep these future superstars interested by giving them game time in FG, the likes of Kite and Barba aren't going to wait around until 2011 to finally get their shot, and why should they. It's about thinking smartly for now and the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.