Ben Barba Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its like the season just begun. I'm unbelievably happy. Go, Ben, you champion.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't reckon he will play for a few weeks yet.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll be back next week IMO, after attending training this week and not being able to run out at ANZ tomorrow night I think he'll be itching to go next week and as long as its him that wants to play (as opposed to maybe his peers or the coach asking him to) I don't see the harm in letting him do what he does best.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surprised it happened so fast. Great news he is ou of rehab. I was expecting him to be suspended for longer. I believed the pessimists I guess.

How long until he is back on field though? Not too sure. I just hope he doesn't rush and his body and mind are 100% ready.

Him being back in routine is the best thing for his health. It seemed he got in trouble when he had free time on his hand. When he is around the structure of professional sport and his team mates it must be a happy time for him. Keep him focused and motivated.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Could today get any better, welcome back benny, but also found out I'm gonna be a dad..time to pop open the Vb..lols. Hope he takes all the time in the world to be right for the boys.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could today get any better, welcome back benny, but also found out I'm gonna be a dad..time to pop open the Vb..lols. Hope he takes all the time in the world to be right for the boys.
Congratulations bud!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im so happy for Ben on his progress. He still might have a fair bit of work in front of him but he seems to be on the right tract!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
anyone worried by this quote

“I’d also like to thank everyone in the media, the NRL, my sponsors and the many rugby league supporters for their show of faith, support and for letting me recover from my personal matters in privacy and I hope you can continue to support me and allow me to work hard and get better in my own way and in my own time.”

not a mention of the club.......could he be unhappy with his treatment or how it was handled by the club? or am i reading too much in to it?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Reading to much into it. The club could have sacked him.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Good news all round :grinning: Glad to see Benny back in the Bulldogs camp
Also congrats mate

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Awesome news , real shot in the arm for the 'dogs

Great news for you mate , have a cigar brother

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
However don't be surprised if he plays NSW Cup first. It would be wise thing to do.
He plays FG or he doesnt play. If they clear him to play at all, no way hes in NSW Cup. He proved in the all stars match he is in form in 2013.

The 2 weeks he spent in rehab would have been just the diagnosis and setting up a ongoing plan to overcome whatever he needs to overcome. He only has to play a few hours a week, and train (which cant be bad for him, a good aggression/frustration release). The rest of the time he has to do whatever was planned the last 2 weeks. He will have plenty of time to attend counselling/therapies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He plays FG or he doesnt play. If they clear him to play at all, no way hes in NSW Cup. He proved in the all stars match he is in form in 2013.

The 2 weeks he spent in rehab would have been just the diagnosis and setting up a ongoing plan to overcome whatever he needs to overcome. He only has to play a few hours a week, and train (which cant be bad for him, a good aggression/frustration release). The rest of the time he has to do whatever was planned the last 2 weeks. He will have plenty of time to attend counselling/therapies.
I'd agree with that. Would be a waste of time having a run in reggies.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Congrats

Great to hear Ben's on the road to recovery. While it would be nice to have him back on the field ASAP. Dealing with his personal issues is of much greater importance.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats mate! I'm gonna be a first time Dad soon too. My wife is 30 weeks today so only 10 more to go. Also 3 year wedding anniversary today so a great day for me

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Congrats mate! I'm gonna be a first time Dad soon too. My wife is 30 weeks today so only 10 more to go. Also 3 year wedding anniversary today so a great day for me
congrats to the both of you!

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
fvck yes! amazing news :D

off topic, but why the hell do you always have a picture of sheikh taj for your avatar? LMAO
Maybe it is the sheik himself???
why can't he support the dogs too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.