Ben Barba + Thoughts on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty tanked right now so i'm probably jibbering on.

Ben Barba IMO was awesome tonight, and i'm very glad he is in the team atm...when he came on the impact was instant...he made a huge break straight away and we coulda very easily scored off that...his defence has improved majorly too...i remember a penrith player change the direction of attack and run straight at barba who hammered him and they lost the ball straight after...him and roberts are honestly pushing each other so hard for the 5/8th spot and its great to have

on topic of the game, it was one of the best experiences of my whole life when hazem kicked the match winning goal...i was jumping up and down like an absolute MANIAC....then walking through the army...WELL DONE DOGS FANS...we well and truly outnumbered the bogan panthers fans...3/4 of the fans were dogs and we made soooo much more noise too it was an awesome experience. I'm on such a high right now its amazing.

back on the game, we played **** but we grinded out a win...we'll be contesting late in september based on what i seen tonight...we were buggered as and we kept on going and going and got the 2 points. I honestly think we'll be there deep into the finals based on tonight.

DoGs_R_dA_BeSt™

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty tanked right now so i'm probably jibbering on.

Ben Barba IMO was awesome tonight, and i'm very glad he is in the team atm...when he came on the impact was instant...he made a huge break straight away and we coulda very easily scored off that...his defence has improved majorly too...i remember a penrith player change the direction of attack and run straight at barba who hammered him and they lost the ball straight after...him and roberts are honestly pushing each other so hard for the 5/8th spot and its great to have

on topic of the game, it was one of the best experiences of my whole life when hazem kicked the match winning goal...i was jumping up and down like an absolute MANIAC....then walking through the army...WELL DONE DOGS FANS...we well and truly outnumbered the bogan panthers fans...3/4 of the fans were dogs and we made soooo much more noise too it was an awesome experience. I'm on such a high right now its amazing.

back on the game, we played **** but we grinded out a win...we'll be contesting late in september based on what i seen tonight...we were buggered as and we kept on going and going and got the 2 points. I honestly think we'll be there deep into the finals based on tonight.
he has bulked up a lil since last season :D

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im not going to comment on barba till i watch the replay tommrow night, But in defence he looked fine didnt seem to have any troubles, Imo we played well tonight it shouldnt be hard to delete the errors like kicking the ball out on the full out of our game, The boys showed tonight that they can play for 80mins instead of playing 40 and having a ****house 2nd half like in recent years, The crowd what can i say it reminds me of why i hate anz stadium so much.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
noticeably...he made 17 tackles and missed 2...i just remember his goal line defence when the pamfers player ran straight at him...i seen it coming and im like ahh fark and then he smashed the bloke and panthers lost the ball I was going crazy!! couldn't believe it...

also a big LOL to the panthers fans booing the players off the field at full time...funniest **** ever

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the crowd was INSANE!! I must have shook 50 peoples hands on the way out it was one of the best experiences i've ever had...never had that before at ANZ...the atmosphere was unreal...the panthers fans could not believe the dogs army on the hill and how loud we were...i was kinda surrounded by them (a little bit) and i heard all the comments on the army lol...

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Armit has stepped up heaps this year.
Agreed. Armit is a totally different player in every aspect this year. He seems fitter, stronger, more agile and far more aggressive this year. I have never rated him to be honest but based on the last 2 weeks he has been great.

As for Barba big improver as well. The kid obviuosly has worked on his defence and its a tribute to his desire to earn a spot not just to expect it. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Barba's defence was awesome and he was very dangeours the few times he had the ball but he finds it hard to get the ball in attacking situations because Noddy and Ennis are such dominant ball players and have the ball the vast majority of the time.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Barba needs to take on the line more. He looks dangerous

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barba's defence was awesome and he was very dangeours the few times he had the ball but he finds it hard to get the ball in attacking situations because Noddy and Ennis are such dominant ball players and have the ball the vast majority of the time.
Agree. Needs to get more opportunities to run the ball. That will come with time. His defense was great. No issues there.

Armit is in sensational form. Hope he keeps it up.

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id like to see Barba start. He has improved defensively and we know what he can do in attack. Roberts didnt have his best game last night. But in saying that, its only round 2 and the combination with Kimmorley needs a bit of time to adjust.

B

Billy Ngawini

i thought ben was ok, still plenty of room for improvement

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
After his first run, we ddint see much of him but i am glad he is aiming up in defence

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Barba needs to watch how Lamb played when Mortimer was in the side. Lamb played an individual game and of course followed the forwards for the offload.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Barba needs to watch how Lamb played when Mortimer was in the side. Lamb played an individual game and of course followed the forwards for the offload.
True. Barba's support play is one of his greatest strengths and I didn't see him backing up too often. Needs to try and get more involved but that and everything else will come with more time and confidence in FG.

B

Billy Ngawini

follow the ball benny, and you will find the true path to the tryline

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
barba played really well. His defence was excellent expecially his tackle on lewis and his first run when he made the break. We could of scored from that but we didnt have anyone supporting. He only missed 1 or 2 tackles and they were in the opposition half.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
saw him make that first break but cant remember him with the ball after that, exact same story as last week tbh

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
he looked deadly every time he got the ball
plays awesome
he has improved alot good on him

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
He was running off the forwards also waiting for off loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.