Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
All that matters is that very early on, the club said Barbas problems were not police matters. He hasn't done anything illegal. That would also eliminate domestic violence, last time i checked it was illegal.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barba's profile is back up on the bulldogs official website. Sorry if it has already been mentioned.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
All the best Ben, i hope you'll be cheering us on!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Matty Johns just said he has strong mail that Barba could be back in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Matty Johns just said he has strong mail that Barba could be back in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed
I hope so. He has issues that need resolving but getting back to footy will help him.

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
Someone from the dogs would tell Matty Johns that knowing that he would probably say something on the radio?

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barba was probably at home watching thinking Oh God i need to get out there and help these guys out !!!!!

if Johns is suggesting 2 weeks thats fantastic as he sounds like he is conquering his demons well...

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
This.
Nothing will give me greater joy, but to see Ben back early. Johns was probably on the assumption, that if we were to drop our next 2 games he will get rushed back? Everyone is saying something different, and that would be due to the fact, that it is a confidential matter (nobody would know other than the professionals working with Ben, and Todd who would be in contact with them, and I think it would stay that way). In saying that, Ben would actually need to give approval before a professional can explain to Todd the situation. I am only a student of bachelor in education/masters in child psychology at the moment, but even as a student on prac in the psychology profession, it is amazing to see how serious doctors are on confidentiality when dealing with these issues, otherwise they face themselves at risk. No way would information be leaked out.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
We can only hope so. We must win against Parra. Put up a fight against storm. I always knew we were going to have a rough start but we will fire up.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont see why it should take too long to have him footy ready. Barba doesnt have to be completely exorcised to play footy. He just has to get to a stage where he can play and has ongoing maintenance and support for his issues. I know the issues may not go away overnight, but all humans face issues. You have to firstly confront the issues, break down/identify the causes, and then make a plan to overcome them (and stick to it). Training and playing may help him at some point. One it would give him a lot less free time and two the discipline of training, and support of team mates cant hurt him.

I couldnt take months off work because i had some issues. I have responsibilities.

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
When will be entitled to know more? Or we not entitled at all?
Give us somethng!

theprestige

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barba posted about an hour ago on his Facebook that he'll be back.
That doesn't give us much to work with, but its still exciting to hear from him.

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
On the Benjamin Barba one or the Ben Barba one because the latter is a fake

Status
Not open for further replies.