Ben Barba Stood Down Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you get stood down for playing porkies?? Doesn't make sense
id say definitely gambling related its been rumoured for a long time he is a fan of the pokies, being spotted in Marathon sessions at numerous establishments, i hope he gets back on his feet quickly.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Barba’s manager Gavin Orr maintained that the suspension could be lifted within weeks. He said he and Barba supported the club’s actions.
‘‘He’s identified that he’s struggling with a few issues with his family,’’ Orr said. ‘‘He wants a bit of private time to deal with those issues. I hope he’ll be back in a week or two.
‘‘He doesn’t want to let anyone down. That’s the big thing.
‘‘There’s just some personal issues between him and his family that he needs to address. He’s going to be working hard over the next few weeks to address them.
‘‘He just wants some personal time at the moment.’’

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz2Ls2x767h

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope he didn't beat up his girlfriend. :(

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Barba’s manager Gavin Orr maintained that the suspension could be lifted within weeks. He said he and Barba supported the club’s actions.
‘‘He’s identified that he’s struggling with a few issues with his family,’’ Orr said. ‘‘He wants a bit of private time to deal with those issues. I hope he’ll be back in a week or two.
‘‘He doesn’t want to let anyone down. That’s the big thing.
‘‘There’s just some personal issues between him and his family that he needs to address. He’s going to be working hard over the next few weeks to address them.
‘‘He just wants some personal time at the moment.’’

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz2Ls2x767h

Link didn't work for me...

But it's good to see someone commenting beyond a carefully worded press release (even if it is a carefully worded comment from his manager).

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Can anyone paraphrase what Wally Lewis said on Ch9 Brisbane ???

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Being the face of the games seems to be a curse.

Hayne, Marshal, Stewart now Barbs

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Sounds like an intervention to me. Since his break up he could be heading down a bad road and suffering some depression/gambling/drinking etc
Hopefully he can get himself fixed up soon. All the best Benny.

shindig

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wally Lewis was on radio saying it is a case of Prodigy.

Lets hope not.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like an intervention to me. Since his break up he could be heading down a bad road and suffering some depression/gambling/drinking etc
Hopefully he can get himself fixed up soon. All the best Benny.
He has been partying a bit too much, I spoke to him on instagram of late.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we going to have any players left for round 1

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like the dreaded face of rugby league curse has struck again. First hayne then benji marshall and b stewart and now our benny.
Fame and riches will always get to a young footballer, the media dont help either however i hope ben deals with his issues in the correct way and gets back onto the footy field asap.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow what an absolute bombshell, I am rocked srs. We had everything to look forward to at the start of the season and now this... *** me man.

Just gambling problems ? Wake up guys, for him to be suspended INDEFINITELY he has done something very bad and we will no doubt know soon with every journo on it... this is the leading story right now and everything will come out in the open soon. Like others I'm praying that he hasnt done a Lui on his GF but we will see....

A young guy with the world at his feet + long term partner with kids = worst possible scenario.

You have girls throwing themselves offering foursomes etc and the temptation is too great, will lead to massive relationship issues.

Worst possible news for the dogs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Face. Game. Curse. etc

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Harden the fck up benny. Get off the cans, pokies and loose women and do what you are good at. Playing Footy. FFS

DISAPOINTED!!!!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Well its good that he confronted th Bulldogs management about his issue

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you get stood down for playing porkies?? Doesn't make sense
It is because he was playing pokies at somewhere other than dog's leagues club.....he should be stood down...how selfish can you get ha ha

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
really do hope its just a storm in a tea cup, and only a pokie issue, that in itself is serious enough and wrecks lives.

i removed my comments regarding violence, as ive just read where it is a gambling probles

Status
Not open for further replies.