Ben Barba Stood Down Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Just because he is earning big dollars doesn't mean he shouldn't have any dramas in life. Us muppets would be the last thing on his mind. His kids are the most important thing in his life. Breaking up with his girl will have a huge effect on him spending time with his kids, so if he goes off the rails and does some stupid **** for the first time in his life, so be it. Support him and hope he gets the help he needs to help him out of the mental hole he is in right now, instead of posting stupid **** and saying how you are ropable with him. He has had a lot on his young shoulders through his life, being a Dad quite young and moving to a big city 2000km's from your family, then all of a sudden you are a superstar. None of us know the pressure he is under and what his thoughts are right now, so relax with the stupid comments about how he has let you down.
One of the few decents posts in here.

So much sh!t in here, it aint a ****in guessin competition so calm the **** down

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was disgraceful at the press conference... acting all concenred for her, and pretty much trying to get Todd to admit he'd beaten her.
Yes and then on the 9 news bulletin as i predicted weidler had contacted barbas ex trying to get dirt but thankfully she txt him back saying me and ben are going through a tough personal time in our lives and would like privacy to deal with it - something along those lines ,then he posted pics from barbas instagram when hes been out

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really feel for the bloke but fortunately we have TG in our corner so hopefully can get Benny back on track. And we the fans of this great club can give him all the support that he needs to pull through.

DSC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just because he is earning big dollars doesn't mean he shouldn't have any dramas in life. Us muppets would be the last thing on his mind. His kids are the most important thing in his life. Breaking up with his girl will have a huge effect on him spending time with his kids, so if he goes off the rails and does some stupid **** for the first time in his life, so be it. Support him and hope he gets the help he needs to help him out of the mental hole he is in right now, instead of posting stupid **** and saying how you are ropable with him. He has had a lot on his young shoulders through his life, being a Dad quite young and moving to a big city 2000km's from your family, then all of a sudden you are a superstar. None of us know the pressure he is under and what his thoughts are right now, so relax with the stupid comments about how he has let you down.
We all have problems and some of us are in a lot worse position then Benny, a lot worse, my point was we are behind him and his issues and I'm sure he has a few but, we are all accountable for our own decisions and actions including Ben. This club has spent a lot of time and resources to bring us back to where we belong at the top and Benny has a responsibility to himself, his family, the club, players and supporters, it is a big burden to carry but nevertheless one he has accepted to wear by signing a big contract. None of us are heartless here, we bleed for the players and hate to see them go through things like this as they become part of the wider family. But truth be told, we are pissed off for him and for everyone affected by his actions, what about the other players and coaching staff who have sacrificed all off season, they would be upset for him but also disappointed, its natural to be upset, we are all a little selfish and want the best for everyone.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You guys might find this a bit cheesy but came across a fb "support Ben barba " it only had 12 likes but if people would like to get behind it , could be a good thing

Timyone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was thinking it must be some thing massive, but who knows hey

DSC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was thinking it must be some thing massive, but who knows hey
Trust me, if it was massive the club wouldn't be sugar coating it, it is what it is, personal issues that are big enough to take him away from football and for our club who pride themselves on professionalism it's enough to draw a line.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully Benny will get help, get through this and get back to playing for the Bulldogs in the not to distant future. Wish you well!

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Who said he wouldn't be paid?..may I ask why he wouldn't b paid?, albeit much less than his contract, but as if, Todd would be so heartless as to not pay him something. FFS

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Releasing from contractual obligations implies he is still being paid, he just doesn't need to do anything that he is paid to do.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
better off to keep paying him tbh...last thing he needs to worry about while getting help is his money situation.. Plus he may do the right thing by us then when it is time to re-sign him again.

woody hannant

Waterboy
Reaction score
how true u have knocked it on the head a player will never be better than the club itself good on u doggies barb sort yourself out

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Now this is one reason I dislike social media... he'll have all his accounts trawled by the media now, picking up any small indiscretion and making a story out of it.

If I were him, I'd remove my online prescence, or at least make it private.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now this is one reason I dislike social media... he'll have all his accounts trawled by the media now, picking up any small indiscretion and making a story out of it.

I'm sure the club have advised him to do this.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I think we should do the same, leave it alone!!!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I think he will pull through stronger , look at what happened to Tiger Woods , also Todds forward thinking is to be much respected - better to get all this out in the open , get him out of Sydney and get him on track to be a better man .
He is a extrodinary person in an extrodinary position , lets give the guy a break and move forward . Hey , lets hope it was a ' lost weekend '

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard TG in grill team. We seriously couldn't ask for anyone better to run our club. Always gives the right answer and is so professional. With Todd handling it, I think Benny will get through this just fine

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
they should get hindy to help him with gambling problems. i feel for ben. take your time champ.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

He really does need to delete his social media accounts. We probably wouldn't be here now if he wasn't publicly flaunting his new woman and out partying all the time with DCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.