Ben Barba [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Barba is better than Roberts in the off-season and trains harder and shows more promise than Roberts in the trials, then anything can happen.

I still think Barba will be on the bench.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate ...we want to know what is there for Barba to stay at Bulldogs next year...as I said we dont wanna be loosing a freakish talent..Every one saw today what he can do with the ball which not many players can in todays game.
Personally I hope to God he makes it. I believe he deserves to be there and I don't know WTF management are thinking not having him in FG.

My point was there are about 50,000 "why isn't Barba in 1st grade" threads.

habibz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Barba is better than Roberts in the off-season and trains harder and shows more promise than Roberts in the trials, then anything can happen.

I still think Barba will be on the bench.
I agree 100% With Barba its really his to lose and Hinges completely on his attitude

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
he might have seen more 1st grade this year:

- if he didn't cause all that crap with Lee T and Idris and brought us into the papers...again!

- if he turned up to training....on time, all the time or with a 'legitimate reason' why he hasn't

- if he turns up to 'official game fixtures on time, all the time'

in short, if he wants to be treated as a professional footballer, he needs to behave like one, but just like the type our club has clearly outlined we want

correct attitude on and off the field is required, this is a large reason why he is where he is in his career so far and he has no one else to blame but himself

don't query the coaching staff why he isn't a regular bench player in 1st grade, ask ben himself. it has been made abundantly clear to everyone what he needs to do, so the only reason he isn't, is because of his input, or lack thereof, so far

if he has his head on his shoulders, he will tell you the exact same ****ing thing

apart from that, no one can tell whether he'll be a regular bench player in 1st grade next year until next year starts, kev moore says otherwise in advance and until after the first month or two of footy

if he rips in during the offseason, then he should be rather hopeful. so long as he does everything asked of him.

you earn a 1st grade spot, you don't walk into it.

Agree on lots of your points..of course we do not want another Mason or SBW or Maitua. But hey JT is no different to these guys either ...we all know how many problems he had up in FNQ with his off field behaviours.

As long as Barba can deliver the result on the field...I dont really much care what he does off the field :grinning:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dont want to lose him necessarily, its more that i dont know who we boot to give him a spot. I dont think Roberts has done enough wrong to lose his spot and never a chance outside of injury that Barba will replace BK or Ennis. And i still think the bench should be all defence. Our attack is fine yes we were the best attack in the NRL in 2009 and we did win a final by a margin. I dont get why we should have scored 40 against Knights, they were trying and had beat us the last time we met.

Last weeks loss isnt a reason to change your opinion about the whole season. Neither is the tigers loss when we had no BK. Vs Knights we also had no BK and won, then we had an unwell BK back and no Patten (Patten did nothing when he tried to come back late n the game) vs Eels who IMO are the best side the last 3 months.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
I dont think Barba has to prove any more that he deserves a spot.

What else Kevvie wants Barba to prove ...Hasnt he proven enough already?

Give him a go Coach....there are other clubs waiting for him. Please do not stuff up..again

habibz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dont want to lose him necessarily, its more that i dont know who we boot to give him a spot. I dont think Roberts has done enough wrong to lose his spot and never a chance outside of injury that Barba will replace BK or Ennis. And i still think the bench should be all defence. Our attack is fine yes we were the best attack in the NRL in 2009 and we did win a final by a margin. I dont get why we should have scored 40 against Knights, they were trying and had beat us the last time we met.

Last weeks loss isnt a reason to change your opinion about the whole season. Neither is the tigers loss when we had no BK. Vs Knights we also had no BK and won, then we had an unwell BK back and no Patten (Patten did nothing when he tried to come back late n the game) vs Eels who IMO are the best side the last 3 months.

When playing nrl wants the ambition to win heaps of games when it really dont matter or win the one which does. You want the gf lets face it when its mattered our playmakers have gone missing. Our halves are very predicatable in attack. Barba offers what hayne does pure league skill and instict. Sometime like hayne Barba doesnt even know what he is doing

Scooby doooo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In first grade they don't drop the ball 20 times....

No dropped ball, no tries for Barba.
We must have been watching a different game because i'm sure it was intercepts and a one on one steal.
No dropped ball = doesn't affect his tries. ;)

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with ben Barba is that he is a half back not a five-eighth. Unless Kimmorley gets injured, he won't get much game time. The dogs need to see what Barba can do when given an opportunity in first grade otherwise the dogs will need to spend alot of money recruiting a halfback from outside the club assuming Kimmorley retires at end of next year.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score

Among all the players with freakish talents like Barba, JT , SBW form our Junior ranks....Roberts wasnt one of them.

Every one needs time to develop and now is the time to make Barba spend some time in the first grade to polish out, even if he have to loose few games in the process (if it goes that way)....and hey I am no NRL coach ...but this is my opinion.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
When playing nrl wants the ambition to win heaps of games when it really dont matter or win the one which does. You want the gf lets face it when its mattered our playmakers have gone missing. Our halves are very predicatable in attack. Barba offers what hayne does pure league skill and instict. Sometime like hayne Barba doesnt even know what he is doing
You're expecting too much considering what happened in the game with our side getting critical injuries early and BK being underdone amd injured.

If you dont win the games "that dont matter" you dont get to play in the games that do, so i dont see your point there.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
how many tries would ben roberts score today?

roberts is ahead of barba in every way

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DF im with u 100% man

barba should of been on the bench for 1sts this year

and idris should of been in reggies for one more year. Millard should of played centres

we would of won the comp with them 2

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
You're expecting too much considering what happened in the game with our side getting critical injuries early and BK being underdone amd injured.

If you dont win the games "that dont matter" you dont get to play in the games that do, so i dont see your point there.
Agree with Habibs.... Watch how craig bellamy rested his key players before the finals......those were the games he could afford to loose to have his players peaking in the finals.....We can learn from that

habibz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
how many tries would ben roberts score today?

roberts is ahead of barba in every way

How many he score against Auckland when we won 14-12 in fact did the dud even play. Roberts doesnt support or position anywhere near Barba. He does have the natural skills and abillities of ben Barba. Roberts would of been as Valuable as Pee Wee joke who was Benched. Barba has showed unless theres champion players around him he cant do or create anything

Scooby doooo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree on lots of your points..of course we do not want another Mason or SBW or Maitua. But hey JT is no different to these guys either ...we all know how many problems he had up in FNQ with his off field behaviours.

As long as Barba can deliver the result on the field...I dont really much care what he does off the field :grinning:
That's a rubbish comment what he does off the field is key to everything we have done to get rid of the rot. We are reshaping this great team and the ship can't steer off course ever again.

habibz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

You dont understand ill give a simple one word response. PARRAMATTA. Even dogs 1995. Bulldogs showed there hands to early in the year like st choke. They played thier GF during the year. All matters how you prepare for the end. Doesnt matter how many you win just need to win enough

Status
Not open for further replies.