Belmore Upgrade and Centre of Excellence

Bulldogdoove

Waterboy
Reaction score
Kennelers.
I have put together a concept video of proposed updates for Belmore Sports Ground as well as a new Centre of Excellence. It extends over the railway and proposes a new grandstand and a Centre of Excellence with a community hub- high performance sports training and education, aquatic centre, gym, cafe's and childcare (for example).

Video can be found here-

Looking for members feedback (positive or negative - I can take it!) and help to get it out to people who make the decisions - you all seem like a connected bunch to Gus, Khoury etc.. from what I read on the Kennel. Anyway, would love your thoughts on the idea - Go the Doggies.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kennelers.
I have put together a concept video of proposed updates for Belmore Sports Ground as well as a new Centre of Excellence. It extends over the railway and proposes a new grandstand and a Centre of Excellence with a community hub- high performance sports training and education, aquatic centre, gym, cafe's and childcare (for example).

Video can be found here-

Looking for members feedback (positive or negative - I can take it!) and help to get it out to people who make the decisions - you all seem like a connected bunch to Gus, Khoury etc.. from what I read on the Kennel. Anyway, would love your thoughts on the idea - Go the Doggies.
You're pretty good.. ever thought of a career as a roblox creator?

Malla

Reaction score
Could you create a highlights package from 2009 for me please

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A stand over the railway line has been a long-held dream - great to see someone using their vision to make that dream a potential reality one day.

There is always talk about the lack of parking, however the railway line is key and should enable parking to more strategically positioned away from the ground.

My initial feedback is the stand needs to rise more steeply and be as close to the ground as possible.

Whilst on the topic of Belmore it would be good to better utilise the current stand by removing the uncovered bays and shifting the field closer.

In terms of the centre of excellence it would be ideal to build a stand where the hill currently is and utilise under that stand and the Peter Moore field.

To use an example our ground could resemble the U-shaped format of the Cowboys Stadium with the southern end open - a 25,000 seat cauldron

25,000 members - locking out opposition fans with a full house every game

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes all very pretty but they won't let you build over the railway for starters and there is also a small pizzling matter of, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Bigkev05

Waterboy
Reaction score
Kennelers.

Video can be found here-

Any chance she'll be up and running by our premiership year in 2024

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Love it. Great concept.

Contact Gus, JK, Chris Minns, Steve and Mark Waugh, Craig Laundy, every Sydney Federal Labor Member, every State Liberal Member....anyone at all even remotely associated with the CB Bulldogs and any politician who wants votes.

Form a Committe to work through putting a proposal together to investigate a feasibility study of this new concept.

Hope it gets off the ground and looked at at the very least.

Well done @Bulldogdoove

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Some might not agree but I'd love a grandstand to be built on the hill opposite the other stand.
Agree, Newcastle have that set up.
It works well, you have family hill (no alcohol) one end and free reign on the other.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A stand over the railway line has been a long-held dream - great to see someone using their vision to make that dream a potential reality one day.

There is always talk about the lack of parking, however the railway line is key and should enable parking to more strategically positioned away from the ground.

My initial feedback is the stand needs to rise more steeply and be as close to the ground as possible.

Whilst on the topic of Belmore it would be good to better utilise the current stand by removing the uncovered bays and shifting the field closer.

In terms of the centre of excellence it would be ideal to build a stand where the hill currently is and utilise under that stand and the Peter Moore field.

To use an example our ground could resemble the U-shaped format of the Cowboys Stadium with the southern end open - a 25,000 seat cauldron

25,000 members - locking out opposition fans with a full house every game
Design like the cowboys stadium would be awesome

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also the problem of parking may be solved by excavating and building a multi story underground parking facility before construction above ground.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Kennelers.

Video can be found here-

Love it.

Can you start building it tomorrow?

PS you should create a station under the grandstand that goes directly to the stadium. That would help with parking also.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats awesome. Great job mate

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The idea of a direct station to the ground is a good one and someone's mentioned this before I think.
Perhaps on game day they can operate an express service from lidcome or bankstown and another service direct from Liverpool.
And people coming from city end could possibly catch an express service from Sydenham.