Belmore Game - Cant Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Special for a lot of people for a lot of different reasons.
goin there with my dad and reloz as kids at 9.30am game day
playing all the junior rugby league finals there on the belmore turf
coaching my side to a memorable gf win over a previously undefeated side
the all round atmosphere and noise the stadium and ground generates
the endless footy games on the hill after the game
the memorable or unforgettable Penrith game riots
those pesky wire fence barrier things on the hill side lol
cannot wait for Monday

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Grew up and still live in Belmore. I remember when the Mortimers use to live in Myall st across from the park. They use to join us in kicking the ball around on school holidays. Great memories walking through the park and watching the game from the wog stand,is what they use to call it back then. At the end of each game we would jump the fence and go mingle with the players whilst they were walking off the field. Bring it on... can't wait.

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to go to a game of footy at Belmore at least once in my lifetime

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The back 2 belmore trials were good, but this will be something really special. I can't remember the last time I was at a proper game at Belmore, but I have fond memories running around that hill as a kid.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
im on edge ... I cant wait ...... finally checked my seat allocations and im second bay from the tunnel :grinning:

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have fond memories of being among the kids gathered in the corners of the ground as full time approached ready to jump the fence and scramble for one of the black/white cardboard corner posts.

They were valued prizes - especially if you could get one intact. Most of them ended up shredded to pieces after the inevitable tug of war.

I remember they used to stop the clock five minutes before full time thinking that this would somehow curtail the practice....lol

The ground would also be covered in crepe paper streamers in club colours. They would be sold around the ground in rolls which would be thrown and unravel into the sky before landing on the playing surface.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love those streamers or confetti roll things: hope they can have some available on Monday night

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love those streamers or confetti roll things: hope they can have some available on Monday night
I'm not so sure that the players loved them, they were forever untangling them from their studs.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Super pissed this is the Monday night game :(

Status
Not open for further replies.