_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who else is going?

Looking forward to check out the new Gillies grill

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait it's been too long.There smart to sell out Monday night game by bringing a game back to belmore .ill still go no matter what day or time :grinning:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I bought membership especially, looking forward to seeing what the hypes all about.

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Going to Belmore Oval will bring back many fond memories for me & at 62 I need all the fond memories I can get & whilst I'm waiting for the game to start
I'll call into the bowlo for a few beers , that's providing the club is still open

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I bought membership especially, looking forward to seeing what the hypes all about.
I hope you enjoy it, but to be honest, for you it may just feel like any other suburban ground,
I think the hype is bigger for those who went there as a kid and grew up knowing before is the Bulldogs home,

For them it will be huge in regards to sentimental gratification,

I just hope we win, more than any other game, I don't want us to finally play an NRL comp match at our real home and lose, it's a must win game.

But I really hope you enjoy it and belmore becomes as much a part of your life as it has many of us,

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love to know if you can still buy a Baa Burger.
I think you still can :p the shop is still there :p

I'm thinking if there will be more then the 3 cubicles that there are currently :p might need to pee before I go :p

Been to a few nsw cup games this year, the ground is looking good and the new scoreboard should have replays I think :p the broadcaster will hate it because I doubt the media box is any good :p (at nsw cup games it looked like Alan Thompson and ciraldo did the score boards on the side line :p) I wonder if the set up will be similar to that :p

But it's exciting to think that we will have bmoz back at fullback and should be close to full strength (depending if Jackson and Eastwood get off). Looking forward to klemmers first hit up. If that doesn't fire up the crowd nothing will. Hopefully it will be the grave yard it used to be. 15000 bulldog favs should intimidate any team.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can members just turn up at the gate or do we need to order tickets for the game?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope you enjoy it, but to be honest, for you it may just feel like any other suburban ground,
I think the hype is bigger for those who went there as a kid and grew up knowing before is the Bulldogs home,

For them it will be huge in regards to sentimental gratification,
That's exactly what it is. Every time I walk through those gates the memories come flooding back.
It's the only ground I go to using public transport. Just so I can recreate those memories of my dad, brother and I walking from the station to the ground amongst the Bulldogs faithful.
The atmosphere should be amazing.
I can't see us losing this game.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tix are members only here if I'm not mistaken?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
whats the seating capacity of belmore these days, have some photos here somewhere of a game many years ago when i was about 20 the dogs playing the eels should try and find them one day ,would of loved to have been able to come down for this game it was on my plan to do this season but things didnt pan out that way

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
It will be very special for a lot of people that grew up going there in the 80s and 90s but my dad never took me as he hated league and no one I knew as a teen really followed league or the Bulldogs. All my family and friends followed the Tigers growing up in Haberfield. I have never seen a first grade game at Belmore but have been waiting all my life to get there for a 1st grade game! I can't wait!

My Mum reckons she first felt me kick in the womb when she was visiting a cousin who lived just behind the gates at the back of Belmore! Would've been pre season 1978! Dr George and the Mortimers would've been running around back then. True story. :grinning:

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Genius stuff by the club putting it on a Monday night in my opinion.

I'll be moving houses over the weekend and should have the Foxtel setup by Telstra on that Monday. I'll be stuffed if anything goes wrong. lol

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I'll be moving houses over the weekend and should have the Foxtel setup by Telstra on that Monday. I'll be stuffed if anything goes wrong. lol
Not if you have internet access. ;)

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not if you have internet access. ;)
That might also be an issue. If all goes to plan our Internet service should be up and running through the weekend, but you just never know when it comes to Telstra.

Nothing ever goes to plan with them.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score

No need for Foxtel these days mate. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.