Bellamy

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't need to accept anything - of course things change and something is only done when the ink dries and that's why it shouldn't be said it's done before that happens, whoever says it.

Really? Discussion has taken place?
Barrett's corpse is still warm.
They haven't even announced who the caretaker is going to be and that would be first priority, but you're saying club reps have spoken to Bellamy or his reps? Don't buy it, not for a second. 2023 will be addressed maybe starting in a couple of weeks and the only 'contact' maybe up to now would be out of work or former head coaches slipping their resume under the door at Belmore.
The club is member driven. (football club)
The factions that control the club have the ultimate influence in decisions e.g ( )
These powerbrokers got rid of Andersons and decided who you have in power today.
They equally drive these behind the scenes secret squirrel talks that go on. They take place without the official hierarchy knowing. That is reality.
This is why you get official quotes from players or CEO's. "we can categorically deny any discussions have taken place". Because they haven't (with them). These discussions did not happen this week or today.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Once again, I agree that it doesn't add up.

But it doesn't mean that connections to Board members haven't reach out to NC. This is my point and that alone.

In regards to paying out his contract, if Bellamy goes to Matt Tripp and says he wants to head coach at Dogs he won't hold him to 2026 as his contract isn't committed to head coaching Storm beyond this season.
I doubt either of those scenarios are true.
Why would Tripp have negotiated a deal to keep Bellamy in some capacity for 5 years to simply let him walk when the breeze changes?
Doesn't make sense.
JK probably wants to aim high - that's good.
He did it with Gus and he got his man - but that played out over several months.
Now it's possible Barrett's exit has been brewing longer than the last few days, but the Bellamy story is probably as credible as it was in 2020 when rumours were that he was going to replace Pay and he publicly denied it saying he'd never spoken to the Dogs - then re-signed with the Storm.

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
I doubt either of those scenarios are true.
Why would Tripp have negotiated a deal to keep Bellamy in some capacity for 5 years to simply let him walk when the breeze changes?
Doesn't make sense.
JK probably wants to aim high - that's good.
He did it with Gus and he got his man - but that played out over several months.
Now it's possible Barrett's exit has been brewing longer than the last few days, but the Bellamy story is probably as credible as it was in 2020 when rumours were that he was going to replace Pay and he publicly denied it saying he'd never spoken to the Dogs - then re-signed with the Storm.

It's people higher and beyond JK

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Zdravo braka moi
da ziveat buldozite
da ziveat makedonija

Whispers that indirect discussions have seemingly taken place between connections of Craig Bellamy and Canterbury for 2023 as head coach.
Bellamy has signed with the storm until 2026 with no indication or commitment on being head coach of Storm in 2023.

In my opinion extremely unlikely because the question I have is why would you leave the Storm , systems setup, no instability.. to come to the Dogs.
Would have to be absurd/ridiculous $... and even then likely not enough.
Well very hard to believe this when they say he has signed until 2026. He doesn't have a contract, he has an on going agreement.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Do you seriously believe JK ultimately runs the Dogs? He's a figurehead for stability and does a great job.
If you believe this you believe Biden runs the States
Far out, now you’re really going off the rails.
Happy to leave it there.
If Bellamy becomes coach I will be the first to acknowledge you said it first.
I don’t think it’ll happen and irrespective of whether some ‘powerbroker’ has made a phone call or not.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The club is member driven. (football club)
The factions that control the club have the ultimate influence in decisions e.g ( )
These powerbrokers got rid of Andersons and decided who you have in power today.
They equally drive these behind the scenes secret squirrel talks that go on. They take place without the official hierarchy knowing. That is reality.
This is why you get official quotes from players or CEO's. "we can categorically deny any discussions have taken place". Because they haven't (with them). These discussions did not happen this week or today.
OK, so Coorey and his goons.
Good to see some things never change :-).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Warren Ryan has a better chance of coaching us than Bellamy does.

Why would Bellamy leave a premiership contender year after year for a team that will probably win two straight spoons and hasn't made the finals in six years? It can't be money because he earns a shitload from Melbourne and just signed a new deal last year..

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Far out, now you’re really going off the rails.
Happy to leave it there.
If Bellamy becomes coach I will be the first to acknowledge you said it first.
I don’t think it’ll happen and irrespective of whether some ‘powerbroker’ has made a phone call or not.
I don't think it will happen either. I think i've said that a few times now

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zdravo braka moi
da ziveat buldozite
da ziveat makedonija

Whispers that indirect discussions have seemingly taken place between connections of Craig Bellamy and Canterbury for 2023 as head coach.
Bellamy has signed with the storm until 2026 with no indication or commitment on being head coach of Storm in 2023.

In my opinion extremely unlikely because the question I have is why would you leave the Storm , systems setup, no instability.. to come to the Dogs.
Would have to be absurd/ridiculous $... and even then likely not enough.
Gus + Bellamy= Not a chance

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Potential premiers to spooners... Nah can't see it happening at his age, especially when his family is in QLD.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
for the time being they should grab some parent who works the under 6s or whatever and teach them the fundamentals, like holding onto the ball

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ffs how many times does it need to be said . Bellamy is NOT an option .

he signed a 5 year deal with storm on big bucks and he can do what he likes ,still coach or work part time in whatever role he wants . He is a one club coach , his side is still up there and has challenge of rejuvenating the side if he has desire . Coaching the dogs will not elevate him to immortal status like some seem to think . He is at an age where he wants to be with family not rebuild a club.

also zero chance in hell that he would work under Gus