Bellamy

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Zdravo braka moi
da ziveat buldozite
da ziveat makedonija

Whispers that indirect discussions have seemingly taken place between connections of Craig Bellamy and Canterbury for 2023 as head coach.
Bellamy has signed with the storm until 2026 with no indication or commitment on being head coach of Storm in 2023.

In my opinion extremely unlikely because the question I have is why would you leave the Storm , systems setup, no instability.. to come to the Dogs.
Would have to be absurd/ridiculous $... and even then likely not enough.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Zdravo braka moi
da ziveat buldozite
da ziveat makedonija

Whispers that indirect discussions have seemingly taken place between connections of Craig Bellamy and Canterbury for 2023 as head coach.
Bellamy has signed with the storm until 2026 with no indication or commitment on being head coach of Storm in 2023.

In my opinion extremely unlikely because the question I have is why would you leave the Storm , systems setup, no instability.. to come to the Dogs.
Bellamy has proven all there is to prove at Melbourne. I would think the chance to rebuild a sleeping giant of a club and solidify his legacy as one of the best of all time would be attractive to him. having said that, if he's already committed to Melbourne, it's a moot point.

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ah, yes - and Cheese coming from the Storm was a done deal too. I say there’s 0% chance of this. Next.
I actually agree it's hovering somewhere around 1% chance
That's not to say feelers haven't been put out

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the start of the day I was hoping the club took it's time to appoint a coach. After today I hope they do it soon. So far we've seen Madge, Noddy, Fitler, Bellamy, Green, Henry, Ennis amongst others.

I think Bellamy has proven he can coach - originally people said he was a good coach because of Slater, Cronk and Smith. Those players have since gone and he's identified others and the club is stronger than ever. I think that's a pretty good legacy.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have said this before not totally out of the question in my opinion,i don’t believe he has re signed with storm yet and yes he has a good setup but a guy like him would love a challenge and knows we have some good players and more on the way and hed know he could turn us around in no time make it happen gus

Last edited:
Reactions: 88

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bellamy would actually love this job, to go from storm all those years being so successful, to coming here and turning this club to gold standard…. Already a legend ,imagine his bragging rights then. Immortal x 2 .!!!

so it’s a dream, but a .. FUCK YES PLEASE from me.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I actually agree it's hovering somewhere around 1% chance
That's not to say feelers haven't been put out
Sure. And we’d be willing to pay out his contract to the end of 2026? It doesn’t make sense. Hasler might have been out of left field but he only had one year to run on his deal when we signed him (and ultimately came a year earlier when Manly let him go). Bellyache no way - the guy is in his 60’s and has the Storm effectively giving him a job for life that he gets to pick whilst getting paid a fortune. Sorry, but it doesn’t add up.

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ah, yes - and Cheese coming from the Storm was a done deal too. I say there’s 0% chance of this. Next.
I never said done deal for Cheese, another kenneler titled the thread
It was very close at a point in time, but things move and change quickly. You need to accept that the involvement of player managers, board members, influential voters means things chop and change in the space of hours and days. If you want absolutes then you won't get it unless you wait for an official club statement.

The reality is discussion has taken place, likely to amount to absolutely zero, but that's irrelevant.

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sure. And we’d be willing to pay out his contract to the end of 2026? It doesn’t make sense. Hasler might have been out of left field but he only had one year to run on his deal when we signed him (and ultimately came a year earlier when Manly let him go). Bellyache no way - the guy is in his 60’s and has the Storm effectively giving him a job for life that he gets to pick whilst getting paid a fortune. Sorry, but it doesn’t add up.
Once again, I agree that it doesn't add up.

But it doesn't mean that connections to Board members haven't reach out to NC. This is my point and that alone.

In regards to paying out his contract, if Bellamy goes to Matt Tripp and says he wants to head coach at Dogs he won't hold him to 2026 as his contract isn't committed to head coaching Storm beyond this season.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Once again, I agree that it doesn't add up.

But it doesn't mean that connections to Board members haven't reach out to NC. This is my point and that alone.

In regards to paying out his contract, if Bellamy goes to Matt Tripp and says he wants to head coach at Dogs he won't hold him to 2026 as his contract isn't committed to head coaching Storm beyond this season.
They will not allow Bellamy to rescind his contract which is until the end of 2026. They stated from the start that IF Bellamy does decide to quit coaching then, they would fit him into a consultancy-type role where he could go and live n QLD with his family and travel to Melbourne a few times a week.
Bellamy aint and won't be available until after 2026.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I never said done deal for Cheese, another kenneler titled the thread
It was very close at a point in time, but things move and change quickly. You need to accept that the involvement of player managers, board members, influential voters means things chop and change in the space of hours and days. If you want absolutes then you won't get it unless you wait for an official club statement.

The reality is discussion has taken place, likely to amount to absolutely zero, but that's irrelevant.
I don't need to accept anything - of course things change and something is only done when the ink dries and that's why it shouldn't be said it's done before that happens, whoever says it.

Really? Discussion has taken place?
Barrett's corpse is still warm.
They haven't even announced who the caretaker is going to be and that would be first priority, but you're saying club reps have spoken to Bellamy or his reps? Don't buy it, not for a second. 2023 will be addressed maybe starting in a couple of weeks and the only 'contact' maybe up to now would be out of work or former head coaches slipping their resume under the door at Belmore.

bulamakdoggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Zdravo braka moi
da ziveat buldozite
da ziveat makedonija

Zdravo makendonce, da zhiveja nashite kuchina.

We can only hope at this stage. A rumour about Bellyache coming is better than the rubbish I have witnessed over the last few years.

What a let down its has been for so long, so keep it coming happy to hear it even though it has a very low probability. You just never, never know, maybe he wants a new challenge.