Bellamy not re-signing - will retire after 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did they just google "Craig" and put up the first image that came up?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Added an all important hyphen :grinning:
Thanks, the first ever thread that I start, and I go and do that...

I was consoling myself that it kinda still made sense, he isn't going to resign (or re-sign), he just going to finish his contract...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did they just google "Craig" and put up the first image that came up?
We all know SBS is underfunded and all that, but didn't realise it was this bad. They must be using work-experience peeps to run their news...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha I actually second guessed myself for a min for that same reason.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all know SBS is underfunded and all that, but didn't realise it was this bad. They must be using work-experience peeps to run their news...
They are probably getting overseas web designers who charge $30.00 for a website, you get what you pay for lol

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely he is not contemplating commentary post coaching?

Thats all we need, another biased commentator...

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I heard Bellamy talking on the radio, he sounded well and truly over it. I can understand not wanting to start again at a new club, imagine how tiring that would be.
Tim sheens seems to have no problem lol, the guy has been coaching for 28 years with 3 different clubs.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah im not questioning that he is over it today, but who knows how he will react after a year or 2 sitting around or going fishing
He can have my job and I"ll go fishing for him lol

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not really think saying 'he is nothing without the big 3' and is not a good coach. I think it was clever the way he built a team around these once-in-a-generation-players. Every other player had their job and the team has always been consistently up there. I think respect has to be paid where it is due.
However what defines success when you look back on his career. He has only won 1 premiership in 14 years once 2016 rolls around so really how successful is that? Ricky Stuart & Steve Folkes spring to mind.
I think once Des wins a comp at the dogs him and bennett will be alone at the top in the modern era given the multiple club premierships.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
I do not really think saying 'he is nothing without the big 3' and is not a good coach. I think it was clever the way he built a team around these once-in-a-generation-players. Every other player had their job and the team has always been consistently up there. I think respect has to be paid where it is due.
However what defines success when you look back on his career. He has only won 1 premiership in 14 years once 2016 rolls around so really how successful is that? Ricky Stuart & Steve Folkes spring to mind.
I think once Des wins a comp at the dogs him and bennett will be alone at the top in the modern era given the multiple club premierships.
wow only 1 premiership forgot about the stripping

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne's entire foundation was built illegally and on a lie. How Inglis, Cronk, Smith, Slater etc escaped punishment is beyond me. How these crooks who knowingly broke the rules are still in the game is a joke.

And the "billionaire tyrant" Rupert Murdoch played dumb when these crooks were uncovered... He didn't know Storm were rorting just like he didn't know his chiefs at News of the World were hacking phones.

**** of a team who are a lie.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Melbourne's entire foundation was built illegally and on a lie. How Inglis, Cronk, Smith, Slater etc escaped punishment is beyond me. How these crooks who knowingly broke the rules are still in the game is a joke.

And the "billionaire tyrant" Rupert Murdoch played dumb when these crooks were uncovered... He didn't know Storm were rorting just like he didn't know his chiefs at News of the World were hacking phones.

**** of a team who are a lie.
Murdoch is a **** .
I dont think the players should be punished. Not sure if they were aware of it?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Murdoch is a **** .
I dont think the players should be punished. Not sure if they were aware of it?
They signed 2 contracts and it's a bit rich to blame one man (Brian Waldron) on an entire organisation's rort.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Tim sheens seems to have no problem lol, the guy has been coaching for 28 years with 3 different clubs.
It makes me seeth how pompous he sounds when he talks about the Australian team. Like he has anything to do with their win streak.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kinda tarnishes his legacy. I believe he is a great coach but him basing his retirement around the big 3 coming towards the end of their careers is abit sad. I would of liked to see what he could do with the next generation of grubs. He redefined the way the game was played when he introduced wrestling into his defensive tactics. Now I guess nobody will ever know if he can shoot with the top dogs like Hasler and Bennett

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He had the chance to go to other clubs and prove if he was in the masterclass - he used the excuse of not wanting to coach against the big 3 - in my books it means he never proved himself at all.

And anyone who says he and other players didn't know what was going on with the salary cap is kidding themselves.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He had the chance to go to other clubs and prove if he was in the masterclass - he used the excuse of not wanting to coach against the big 3 - in my books it means he never proved himself at all.

And anyone who says he and other players didn't know what was going on with the salary cap is kidding themselves.
Pretty much this, any coach who would have had the big 3, Inglis and Folau in a team wouldn't need to do much but tell other plays listen to those guys, stay fit/athletic and know your footy basics.

Best of luck to him after footy though!

Status
Not open for further replies.