Being Realistic

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After our last game embarrassment in front of 33,000 mostly Bulldogs supporters, it’s safe to say this year is another write off.

Let’s be honest, we were never in premiership contention this year and had a fair amount of injuries however we expected more from a team wearing Blue and White.

How many more seasons are we going to wait for it to gel.

How many more ‘We are gettting X player and signing Y next year’ and ‘3-5 year plans’ are we going to go through before we become consistent let alone a threat in the NRL.

The first thing management should do is stop looking for stop gap players who continuously underperform and are overpaid. Only players who understand the Bulldogs DNA should come near a jersey.

That jersey represented hard working, middle class toilers who would always put their team and family first.

Now it represents the laughing stock of the NRL and we are slowly losing a generation of supporters and fans because of our own ineptitude.

The rest of the year is going to be a slog, beginning against the Sharks on Sunday. I’m keeping it real.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reality is we have a clueless rookie coach and have recruited some of the shittest marquee players in history over the past 2 seasons since Gus came on board. I cant believe anyone thought we’d be doing anything other than challenging for the spoon this year. If you’re angry and upset, that’s on you. If you had half a noggin ya would’ve seen this shitshow coming

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Year after year it’s “this years a write off, we need to blood the young guys for next year and we have x coming” and it’s getting old real quick.

we seem to be in better hands but things are way off being consistent let alone top 8 contenders.

Poor recruitment is a step forward and 3 back. Can we blame the injury toll for this, it’s definitely taken it’s toll but ever team has had injury tolls and some worse then us.

I’m trying to reserving my opinion of Ciro but that’s getting harder each week when underperforming players are constantly picked.

Unlike Baz he genuinely seems to care and is affected by it.

People laugh at the tigers but we are just as bad.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've needed a top class 1, 7, and 8 for years.

We get our 1 next year, but without the other two I still don't see us approaching the top 8

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Being realistic would be recognising that our squad isn't good enough, especially after all of the injuries and changing coaches every second year and making panic signings is what got us in this situation in the first place. Ciraldo isn't the problem. We need better players and mainly better forwards.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reality is we have a clueless rookie coach and have recruited some of the shittest marquee players in history over the past 2 seasons since Gus came on board. I cant believe anyone thought we’d be doing anything other than challenging for the spoon this year. If you’re angry and upset, that’s on you. If you had half a noggin ya would’ve seen this shitshow coming

I’d say one of the most sought out assistant in the game who over saw one of the strongest rosters in the modern game and one of the most astute minds in the game in Gould would known a thing or 2 than some arm chair critics

If you or anyone else had expectations of us challenging for a premiership or semi finals with that roster then you’re way more disillusioned than you come across

At best , we all thought fringe 8 with no halfback and no full back, . Well, guess what . We’ve been below our best because we haven’t been able to field our strongest team and with a little bit more luck and experience in the squad we’d be exactly where we all thought we’d be .

You criticise the marquee players we’ve recruited but fail to acknowledge the gems we’ve found in King , Preston and KarlO

You throw a Crichton at full back , Ben hunt at 7 with another 1 or 2 solid recruits in the pack and we’re a top 4 prospect .

How the fuk is that way off the mark from we’re we expect to be