Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Britain has 17 golds and will brag for the next 4 yrs
Then they're fooling themselves ..... let me break down how awesome we are !

Great Britain is 4 countries. Australia is 1 country. They average 4.25 golds per country ! We average 11 !

Great Britian has 61 million people. Australia has 21.5 million (2.84 times more people to compete for medals). Therefore if we have 11 Golds, they should have 31 Golds ! Since they have only 17, we should only have 6 !

Great Britian invested $1.07 billion on their athletes. Australia invested $220 million (4.86 times more money than us). Therefore it costs them $62,941,176 per gold medal, and it's only cost us $20,000,000 each gold medal !

There's any number of ways you can look at it ....... and all of them say they suck !

Last edited by a moderator:

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
aussie gold! steve hooker in the men's pole vault.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
C'mon ranga

Its funny watching the pole vault and seeing Usain Bolt dancing and celebrating in the background

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Apparently Steve Hooker is just the 6th Australian Male Track and Field Athlete (and also the first Australian Male since 1948) to score an Olympic Gold Medal.

TBQH I couldn't watch his last jump - I had to put the blanket over my face...lol

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
has the mens 4 x 100m been done?
yes WR 2 jamaica.

the girls would have won also if they didnt stuff it up :p

btw the blokes in the 4 x 400 is looking good. USA will get gold but we have a chance at silver or bronze hopefully

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
nah berries we're underperformed in alot of sports
I can only think os sports such as hockey maybe water polo and they are similar to soccer or league you can be the best and still lose easily. What other sports?

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
nah berries we're underperformed in alot of sports
you serious mate?

look at the nations around us on the tally list. how much bigger are these countries, who have histories in all these sports.

we're so tiny compared to all of them, and look how well we're doin.

i wouldn't ask for any more

Status
Not open for further replies.