Opinion Beer Prices

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The insanity in Australia continues, when did $12 become the norm for a schooner???

Also where are the venues that aren't ripping people off?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
The insanity in Australia continues, when did $12 become the norm for a schooner???

The excise tax on spirits increases every six months in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The next hike is due to occur in August, after a record 4.1 per cent jump this time last year and a 3.7 per cent increase in February.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Fuck that....better off drinking spirits..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
You consumers are actually ripping the corporation.
$12 a schooner?
Sounds like a fair trade to me.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Basically unless your local club does a deal you're getting bent over by the government and screwed by inflation

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's farked... Government wants easy money

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Not sure where you're drinking. But that's fucked. It was $9 for a scotch and coke last time I was at one of my local pubs.

But these days it's ridiculous how much every business is trying to price gauge. The ACCC had it's teeth pulled by our last government and there's virtually no brakes on price rises.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The excise tax on spirits increases every six months in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The next hike is due to occur in August, after a record 4.1 per cent jump this time last year and a 3.7 per cent increase in February.
That’s right. The excise wasn’t supposed to hit this level until 2029. I don’t mind paying more for beers if they aren’t nanny state 5%

Our PM Alco doesn’t pay for his beers fortunately for him

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is obviously a plan to increase Government income. I think it will backfire as more people will stop
buying beer. Lots more into home brewing as well. Ronald McDonald in Canberra has his greasy hands all over this.