News Beattie and Greenberg under threat if they mishandle De Belin incident. - UPDATE: P6 JDB Stood Down

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If police charge them that should be what the NRL are basing their decision on.
Yeah and police charge alot of people and get it wrong about half the time. Didnt we learn anything with brett stewart. If u drop jack de belin for this. Between us kennelers we could put the dogs in the grand final this year by pulling some cheeky tricks. It becomes that easy. Little white lies will then be controlling the outcome of a clubs future. Just takes one mixed up person and goodbye cameron smith and the melbourne storm. And roosters and broncos. Its a very tricky situation and i have not seen or can come up with any answer which is best for the sport.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if they stand him down. It turns out hes innocent. Misses half the season and the dragons miss the 8 by 2 points. Who covers the st george club if they loose money cause of a situation like that. I bet we dont here from them 2 flogs runn
ing the game with there pigeon chests and testical heads. The bloke at the broncos plays, u cant drop jdb until proven guilty after letting that grub back into game.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greenburg bought this problem on himself, different clubs get different rules. As all dogs fans could agree on. He has no one to blame but himself.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah and police charge alot of people and get it wrong about half the time. Didnt we learn anything with brett stewart. If u drop jack de belin for this. Between us kennelers we could put the dogs in the grand final this year by pulling some cheeky tricks. It becomes that easy. Little white lies will then be controlling the outcome of a clubs future. Just takes one mixed up person and goodbye cameron smith and the melbourne storm. And roosters and broncos. Its a very tricky situation and i have not seen or can come up with any answer which is best for the sport.
You have to draw the line somewhere because sponsors won't sit around and accept a potential rapist or wife basher promoting their brand... it simply won't happen.

There's a difference between finding someone guilty, and not having enough evidence to support a claim.

Just because the evidence isn't strong enough (or the person has a really good lawyer), doesn't mean they aren't guilty of a crime.

Heck many moons ago I got jumped at Penrith Station. Witnesses around knew who attacked me as they went to the same school as them (even in the same class). When it went to courts (and these 2 ***** who attacked me had 2 other assault cases coming up, one armed robbery case coming up, as well as 2 previous convictions), there was no denying that they did it, just simply "prove beyond doubt that you can say my client was the person who assaulted you". Back then CCTV didn't exist in most stations, but my witnesses knew them from school. They'd been introduced.

How did these ***** get off? Their lawyer argued "my client never formally introduced themselves to these witnesses, hence it may be a case of mistaken identity".

Judge bought the excuse, case dismissed.

Hence a good lawyer can twist the case of a guilty person.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So nothing has changed.
Never supported another nrl team other than the dogs just not interested anymore with this shit nrl administration not getting anymore off my dosh. No more rep games for me if the dogs were not in the nrl wouldn’t watch another nrl game.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never supported another nrl team other than the dogs just not interested anymore with this shit nrl administration not getting anymore off my dosh. No more rep games for me if the dogs were not in the nrl wouldn’t watch another nrl game.
100%, I wouldn't even give it a second look!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I find that the constant hits are accumulating for me and I can easily see the day very very soon where not even the dogs is enough to keep supporting this comp. Infact at this stage I feel as if I am just waiting for that particular incident to occur so I can. I think the only hope would be a new Super League type take over as the NRL is rotten to the core and their is no fixing it. She's beyond repairing IMO.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I find that the constant hits are accumulating for me and I can easily see the day very very soon where not even the dogs is enough to keep supporting this comp. Infact at this stage I feel as if I am just waiting for that particular incident to occur so I can. I think the only hope would be a new Super League type take over as the NRL is rotten to the core and their is no fixing it. She's beyond repairing IMO.
I agree with you 100% actually talking about super league watched a couple of games on fox in england so good watching a football game instead of watching the camera on the refs every 5 minutes

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Completely agree with you mate!

The constant negativity by the media, favoritism for certain 'clubs' (franchises), bias commentary coverage and constant rule changes are the main drivers for my disinterest in the game.

In fact, if the kennel didn't exist i'm 99% certain I'd have canned it completely already.

Growing up, I fkn hated AFL and Soccer, now I watch both religiously... this is what the NRL has done to me.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Aww poor Toddy. Between a rock and a hard place. He stands down Debelin and nrl could be sued if hes found innocent, and if he doesn't stand him down he will cop it too.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
De Belin has denied any wrong doing at the meeting with Todd and co and has refused to stand down......

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL this is turning into an absolute circus.
You are not wrong.

I don't think the NRL can legally make him stand down hence this meeting hoping he would volunteer.

If he had any class he would stand himself down until this is resolved either way and let his team mates prepare for the season with his distraction.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Courtroom showdown: Dragons serve ARL Commission with legal papers over Jack de Belin

St George Illawarra has reportedly served the ARL Commission with documentation on Wednesday, advising them that if Jack de Belin is stood down the club will take legal action.

The ARLC will hold a landmark meeting on Thursday to decide de Belin’s immediate playing future after the NSW representative was charged with the aggravated sexual assault of a 19-year-old woman.

According to a Channel 7 report, the Dragons believe there should be a presumption of innocence and that no decision should be made until the court proceedings are complete.

Channel 9 reported De Belin met with NRL CEO Todd Greenberg, Dragons CEO Brian Johnston and player agent Steve Gillis at St George Leagues Club on Wednesday where the player “strongly protested his innocence”.

The Dragons lock has reportedly refused to stand down putting the decision in the ARLC’s hands.

The Dragons will now wait for the outcome of the independent commission’s meeting where an announcement will likely be made regarding a crackdown on players who face serious criminal charges.

It is expected de Belin will be forced to stand down on full pay with the Dragons to receive salary cap compensation up to $600,000 which will allow them to sign a replacement player for the upcoming season.

De Belin was left out of the Dragons’ Charity Shield squad on Tuesday because of player welfare concerns.

ARLC chairman Peter Beattie spoke to Channel 9.

“That was all about player welfare and looking after Jack,” he said.

“Above a certain line, based on the severity of the offence and we have to determine that yet, but say for example an offence that brings a penalty of 10 years, then above that if you’re charged with that then it’s an automatic stand down. No fault, no presumption of guilt. A presumption of innocence. Below that then Todd still has the discretion. But we’re still to finalise that.”

When it was put to him that things will become murky below that line, Beattie said: “Well that is a matter for the discretion of the CEO. We have a good CEO in Todd Greenberg.”

The move to stand down players before court cases are over has already been opposed by the Rugby League Players Association.

“They’re absolutely right and that’s why this will be no fault,” Beattie said.

“That is, we’ll make no determination about a player’s guilt or innocence — that’s a matter for the court. As far as we’re concerned, they’re presumed to be innocent. This is a no fault provision.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/couple...n/news-story/30f5a70437bab170dd385818696bff9f

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Courtroom showdown: Dragons serve ARL Commission with legal papers over Jack de Belin

St George Illawarra has reportedly served the ARL Commission with documentation on Wednesday, advising them that if Jack de Belin is stood down the club will take legal action.

The ARLC will hold a landmark meeting on Thursday to decide de Belin’s immediate playing future after the NSW representative was charged with the aggravated sexual assault of a 19-year-old woman.

According to a Channel 7 report, the Dragons believe there should be a presumption of innocence and that no decision should be made until the court proceedings are complete.

Channel 9 reported De Belin met with NRL CEO Todd Greenberg, Dragons CEO Brian Johnston and player agent Steve Gillis at St George Leagues Club on Wednesday where the player “strongly protested his innocence”.

The Dragons lock has reportedly refused to stand down putting the decision in the ARLC’s hands.

The Dragons will now wait for the outcome of the independent commission’s meeting where an announcement will likely be made regarding a crackdown on players who face serious criminal charges.

It is expected de Belin will be forced to stand down on full pay with the Dragons to receive salary cap compensation up to $600,000 which will allow them to sign a replacement player for the upcoming season.

De Belin was left out of the Dragons’ Charity Shield squad on Tuesday because of player welfare concerns.

ARLC chairman Peter Beattie spoke to Channel 9.

“That was all about player welfare and looking after Jack,” he said.

“Above a certain line, based on the severity of the offence and we have to determine that yet, but say for example an offence that brings a penalty of 10 years, then above that if you’re charged with that then it’s an automatic stand down. No fault, no presumption of guilt. A presumption of innocence. Below that then Todd still has the discretion. But we’re still to finalise that.”

When it was put to him that things will become murky below that line, Beattie said: “Well that is a matter for the discretion of the CEO. We have a good CEO in Todd Greenberg.”

The move to stand down players before court cases are over has already been opposed by the Rugby League Players Association.

“They’re absolutely right and that’s why this will be no fault,” Beattie said.

“That is, we’ll make no determination about a player’s guilt or innocence — that’s a matter for the court. As far as we’re concerned, they’re presumed to be innocent. This is a no fault provision.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/couple...n/news-story/30f5a70437bab170dd385818696bff9f
This Beattie guy is a Moron. Im glad the Dragons will serve them papers.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No one is saying de Belin is guilty. They are saying, if someone has charges of this nature against them, stand them down on full pay until the justice system finds them guilty, or not guilty.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mr I Which idiot in the article you posted said that?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
as i support a team in another code who got railroaded by a clown in charge, despite the charges dropped, i hope de belin and dragons fuck the NRL if they stand him down before he gets his chance to prove his innocence

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You are not wrong.
I don't think the NRL can legally make him stand down hence this meeting hoping he would volunteer.
If he had any class he would stand himself down until this is resolved either way and let his team mates prepare for the season with his distraction.
They absolutely can. Players have to sign a Code of Conduct when they join the NRL. Breach that and the NRl have every right to suspend a player.

Playing in the NRL is a right granted by the NRL/ARLC, it's not a given. More players need to understand that.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mr I Which idiot in the article you posted said that?
Neil Breen (reporter)