News Beattie and Greenberg under threat if they mishandle De Belin incident. - UPDATE: P6 JDB Stood Down

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Todd Greenberg has broken his silence on the pressure to make the biggest decision of his career, which will be defined by a game-changing call by the NRL boss to stand down Jack de Belin next week.

Due to the torrent of negativity surrounding the code and it’s damaged brand over the issue, The Saturday Telegraph expects de Belin’s immediate playing future will be formally crushed following an ARL Commission meeting on Thursday.

However, Greenberg is refusing to be rushed or pressured into a decision before the meeting.

The NRL boss has spent the past 10-days besieged by club CEO’s, chairs, fans, sponsors and game leaders, to fast-track a clear call on why the St George-Illawarra star should or shouldn’t be stood down, as he defends a rape charge.

Acutely aware of the magnitude of the decision, Greenberg has instead chosen to carefully consider the many factors and parties involved, while at the same time, the ARL Commission navigate through the legal minefield involved with overhauling the code’s player behaviour code of conduct policy.

“When you are making these sort of decisions, you are talking about people’s livelihoods, their families. I don’t go off on a whim,’’ Greenberg told The Telegraph.

Todd Greenberg said he would not be rushed on the Jack de Belin decision.
“I know people will say that it takes so long (for the NRL to deliver outcome).

“But I would rather be criticised for being a little more thorough.
“It is a massive decision to conclude policy decisions and finalise sanctions on individuals and clubs.
“These all have an impact on people’s lives.

“I do take that responsibility very seriously and you can tell in my voice talking to you, that I’m passionate about it.

“A big part of my job is to do it properly and professionally.’’
Greenberg added that he would ultimately settle on a decision which may not prove the most popular — but the right one for the code.

“When the Integrity Unit brief me on any evidence, I read every page, every line. Sometimes that can equate to large volumes of material,’’ Greenberg said.

“I make sure I know what I am talking about because they are big decisions on people and I won’t do it lightly"

“You want to make sure you get it right.

“When you do these sort of things it has an impact.

“But I have to uphold the rules. That is a big part of the CEO’s responsibility and this is not a popularity contest. The game is bigger than any individual.

“So if I do it, I want to make sure I am getting it right.

“I have to balance the individual against 16 clubs, a $500 million industry, millions of passionate fans, hundreds of thousands of junior participants and also community expectations.

“I have to figure out the balance about which way you pull the pendulum. It is not simple.’’

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Debelin is faaaaarked.
That's what I get from this statement.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m actually over this fucken political bullshit image Todd has established in the game. It doesn’t bring in more people you fkn idiot being all lefty and being political. Just make the game enjoyable again. If there are individuals who fuck up then act appropriately for that individual. It’s not rocket science.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like Greenberg has information that isn't publically released as of yet.

I wonder how this fares for Napa... sounds like he's moved on from that?

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Todd. I needed a good laugh after a tough week. I’m not making light of the serious de Belin situation. I’m making light of your attempt at trying to show us that your somewhat competent and professional, and well, not a complete dickhead. Sorry, but we have too much evidence to the contrary. Anyhows, here’s a few of your quotes I particularly enjoyed.

“A big part of my job is to do it properly and professionally.’’

“I make sure I know what I am talking about because they are big decisions on people and I won’t do it lightly"

“So if I do it, I want to make sure I am getting it right.

Todd's made this so hard for himself because he has set so many 'all of the place like a mad woman's shit' precedents, he now has no fuckin idea what to do, which ironically, has kinda been his M-O all along.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
“When you are making these sort of decisions, you are talking about people’s livelihoods, their families. I don’t go off on a whim,’’ Greenberg told The Telegraph.

Is this money grubbing **** serious?

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Greenberg has information that isn't publically released as of yet.

I wonder how this fares for Napa... sounds like he's moved on from that?
Greenberg had never mentioned the term 'due diligence' on signings until Napa with the Dogs. Me think the Greenturd knew of the tapes. The Dogs signed him, The NRL ratified it, And now the shit has hit the fans. The NRL are more at fault than the Dogs. We can win this IF the NRL have the balls to penalise us.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Is this money grubbing **** serious?
De bellend wasn't thinking about his livelihood or family when making his decision.

Todd is just being a fucking hypocrite with the "i don't go off on a whim"

Please explain our Mad Monday then Todd, you went off early like a man possessed to see blood.

Can't wait till this Jew is out of a job!!

Reactions: K E

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jack de bellend deserves to be rubbed out of the game for good if guilty.

How was Stewart stood down for manly pending an investigation yet bellend was ok to play?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First of all, Greenberg, you are a spineless kurupt piece of shit who should not be in charge of a meat raffle. You claim to be a leader, yet you seem rudderless.
In my eyes, rape is about as bad as it gets. Not quite murder, but probably second on that list. So if their is any chance he is guilty then there is no fucking way he should be playing until his court case is heard.
Normally I agree someone should be presumed innocent until proven otherwise, but given the gravity of the charges the NRL simply must stand him down.
Imagine if they let him play and then he is proven guilty and spends the next 20 years behind bars? How would the NRL look then??
If it was a small misdemeanour like say, he got into a scuffle with a guy at a pub, or was stalked and seen naked in a private event then sure, perhaps we can wait to see what the courts say. BUT THIS IS RAPE!!! Possibly gang rape. This **** should be nowhere near a football field until he is proven innocent. Remember this is a family sport Todd! Parents take their kids to games to see their idols. Is this the kind of idol you want these kids to see???? No fucking way.

Time you got the fuck out of our game Todd. You have no fucking idea!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Right, so he didn't go off on a whim when he attacked Napa and our club for signing him?

Or he didn't go off on a whim when he handed down a 150k fine for Mad Monday within days before any real investigation had taken place?

It's funny how he thinks of the wellbeing and families of alleged violent criminals and rapists and waits months to even comment on the situation...

What more does Greenberg have to do to lose his job? Can our club and others please attack him and call him out on his bullshit to speed up the process of ousting him?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The bell end may be sacked by the bell end

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
By the way Todd, you don't "pull a pendulum" the pendulum just swings by itself... What an idiot.

Re-reading his quotes it's clearly evident that we should stop making fun of him as he has the intellect of a four year old....

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he is a dragons fan so makes sense he doesn’t rush his decision.

Of course the welfare of our players on mad Monday was thought of carefully right??

What a hypocrite.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet if dragons sponsors walked away then dragons might stand him down.. likewise if channel9 or fox refused to broadcast games involving any particular player then the Nrl would act immediately.. it's all dollars, no sense.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
De Bellin will be proven innocent and it will all blow over.

What happened to the Hayne 'rape' allegations oh that's right they were BS as well.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would love to crowpeck greenberg and the give him an openhanded slap to the face