Beastwood And the Butcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

DezDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Love the way these two are playing right now

The butcher (hodgson) is a maniac and the beast ..... well, everytime this bloke has the footy something good happens ..... (who needs sbw)

I HOPE we can keep the beast beyond this season... I think it should be a high priority at the bulldogs camp. Thoughts????

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Hodgson will retire after next year,champ. I'm not sure but yeah he might be squeezed out due to salary cap.

His contract will also be affected by the form of Hickey to see if he develops well. Also John Kite's developement.

I'd love for Hodgson to stay but yeah.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Hodgson will retire after next year,champ. I'm not sure but yeah he might be squeezed out due to salary cap.

His contract will also be affected by the form of Hickey to see if he develops well. Also John Kite's developement.

I'd love for Hodgson to stay but yeah.
Why would Hodgson retire? He's only 29 turning 30, is playing great and has been injury free for a few years now. Plus we still have plenty of cap space and Hickey and Kite are wrapped up. I cannot see one reason why he would retire and we need him because you can never have too much front row depth and he has started nearly every game this season and done a very good job in each game.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I think he can play a couple more seasons.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Hodgson has the work ethic and attitude to play for another 5 years if he wanted to.

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was gonna retire before this season, not sure how the dogs coaxed him to come down. Probably to take the pressure of his missus' new business. Tbh honest had not really heard of him before.
He has been a revelation and shows what team work and team spirit is all about

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree, his still 29-30 years old he can play on for another 2-3 years IMO.

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's talking about eastwood u guys have gone off on a tangent.

He would be a top acquisition - his runs and offloads are lethal at times, not to mention his crunching hits

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
eastwood..what a footballer..doesnt have a real athletic looking body but is a real goer..hits like a train..pushes his nose through the line in most of his runs..and we always see his shorts fallen down what a classic!..and kiwi..gotta love that!..lol

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hodgson was awesome last night, especially in his second spell. He was just knocking blokes out of the way everytime he took the ball up. If he keeps this form up he could easily go 3 more years.

D

dogs_4 lyf

Depending if he wants to leave at the end of the year or not is up to him.. But if he wants to stay in the NRL im sure he will at the bulldogs.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
**** I love Hodgo. He was on fire last night.

One of his best performances of the year.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
**** I love Hodgo. He was on fire last night.

One of his best performances of the year.
im with u on that one.

i will admit i saw nothing in him at the start of the season but i will be more than happy to eat my words now.

he is very underrated and has been a huge asset to our team this year

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
eastwood has a little step and a palm before he gets to the line
makes it hard for defenders to get him on on one.
great game again from beastwood, hope he keeps it up.

as for hodgo - he is now the hitup king.
makes a lot of hitups. anmd looks solid every game

keep it up!

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was proud of our 6-pack last night.
Totally impressed with each Players improvements.
The back-line was superb, excelled defensively and were in scintillating form, creating opprtunities and The Team marched forward.
Cheers!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
eastwood has a good offload , can hit it up and can hit hard in defence , hodgson has been solid but dont get too excited , dont hear anyone putting him up for rep selection

corka

Waterboy
Reaction score
He was gonna retire before this season, not sure how the dogs coaxed him to come down. Probably to take the pressure of his missus' new business. Tbh honest had not really heard of him before.
hogo is good mates with bobcat,thats how we got him at the bulldogs.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
from what i heard dont no were from but it was bobcat that convinced him they started at parra together or something and are good mates and bobcat convicned him to come instead of retire

Status
Not open for further replies.