BBQ Carnivore - Thread

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aus day, but the wifes a choco so we are combining home made Italian pizza cooked outside in a gas BBQ/Pizza oven. To keep it part skip the pizza list is 1 x Margherita 1 x Pepperoni, 2 x Itailan Sausage with Fennel and 1 x Juicy Ham and Pineapple. :tonguewink:......... And some VB to offset the Pinot.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
1 ft long beef back ribs - 7 hours into cook. Bloody hungry already...
View attachment 38818
True story - been hunting for these for months. No luck anywhere - everyone cuts em in half for short ribs. Buying dog food the other day, got there 20 mins early so thought I'd get a coffee. Butcher shop next door. Thought I'd try random butcher shop number 20 to kill time. Dude actually had them on the bandsaw ready to cut in half. Took the whole rack - $75 - 7 ribs. These are the thickest 3.

Dry brined, chilli/chipotle/pepper/GO/mustard home made rub, cherry smoke - 105C - been in the stall now for 4 hours. Carnivore heaven....

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Aus day, but the wifes a choco so we are combining home made Italian pizza cooked outside in a gas BBQ/Pizza oven. To keep it part skip the pizza list is 1 x Margherita 1 x Pepperoni, 2 x Itailan Sausage with Fennel and 1 x Juicy Ham and Pineapple. :tonguewink:......... And some VB to offset the Pinot.
U lost me at VB.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
U lost me at VB.
That’s ok, I know it’s not new age snag trendy woke craft boutique popular and all that other shit new age beer drinkers go on about. But it’s a bitter beer made from beer and I like it. I also like XXXX bitter (not gay gold) and I will kill a man to drink at a pub with Reschs on tap with clean lines and someone that knows how to tap a keg properly and pour a beer.

Now, if you want to discuss whiskey from single malt to some of the worlds finest bourbons, bring it.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
That’s ok, I know it’s not new age snag trendy woke craft boutique popular and all that other shit new age beer drinkers go on about.
Yes - but that stuff gets you a root. VB gets you a root too but its not the kind of root you tell your mates about. And thats a big difference....

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes - but that stuff gets you a root. VB gets you a root too but its not the kind of root you tell your mates about. And thats a big difference....
hahahahaha...mate, that is the first time in my life I have ever heard beer was a chick magnet!:tearsofjoy: To be honest I wouldn’t want to root any chick that was into me because of the beer I drank and even less if she wants to drink my beer.

Also, I have been married over 30 years so not really shopping for a new cook.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
hahahahaha...mate, that is the first time in my life I have ever heard beer was a chick magnet!:tearsofjoy: To be honest I wouldn’t want to root any chick that was into me because of the beer I drank and even less if she wants to drink my beer.

Also, I have been married over 30 years so not really shopping for a new cook.
No side bish?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s ok, I know it’s not new age snag trendy woke craft boutique popular and all that other shit new age beer drinkers go on about. But it’s a bitter beer made from beer and I like it. I also like XXXX bitter (not gay gold) and I will kill a man to drink at a pub with Reschs on tap with clean lines and someone that knows how to tap a keg properly and pour a beer.

Now, if you want to discuss whiskey from single malt to some of the worlds finest bourbons, bring it.
I’m watching the races , james squires going down nice, then bbq with vodka
enjoy the day lads

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
To be honest I wouldn’t want to root any chick that was into me because of the beer I drank
And if I was drinking VB - 100% agree - unless I was in drought in which case I would but would need therapy afterwards. Despite the removeable teeth being an interesting experience (or so I've heard 8-))...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And if I was drinking VB - 100% agree - unless I was in drought in which case I would but would need therapy afterwards. Despite the removeable teeth being an interesting experience (or so I've heard 8-))...
Each to thier own bro. I like bitter beers and today’s trends that you appear to enjoy don’t float my boat, but good for you if they do.

Ps both my wife and I have a full set of our own teeth. But thanks for the concern

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Choco and Skip :tearsofjoy:.
Love your work Baz :-).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
End result...

Pork Gyros meat with salad, grapes, fresh home made tzatziki and fresh baked home made bread.

And the wife is having... Dumplings. 'cause she doesn't feel like Greek.

20220130_195606.jpg

20220130_195351.jpg

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My plan for today was lamb shoulder and pork shoulder on the BBQ with some potatoes and corn, and brining some brisket for pastrami.

So anyway, after 8 hours at the pub eating chicken wings, drinking beer and watching the UFC... I don't think I will be cooking today.
I'm having my first crack at Pastrami tomorrow, although I'm using Silverside, not Brisket. One of the benefits of working from home. You can get the smoker going and basically just check on it every now and then.