Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bennett is struggling with a better roster than ours at Souths

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't pay appointed by the old admin in an attempt to win the upcoming election and keep dib in as chairman by appointing someone with "Bulldog DNA" ?
Yes, for all the wrong reasons like I said.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay still somehow has huge support on The Kennel.
Yes and that's ok and if the club want to stick with him sign him to another 2 years.

Personally I don't think Pay is a good coach. I accept he was a rookie with an average squad but I think Des and a lot of other coaches would have got better results out of this team.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thomson is coming from St. Helens not Wigan and wane wouldn’t be a bad coach can’t be any worse then what we got Wayne’s over the hill and flanno is waiting for the st George job

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m still struggling with the name “Shaun Wane” I just want to call him Shane Warne, it’s reversed and it just does my head in....

It’s the little things.

Regardless, could be a decent option, I’d take just about anyone atm though.

We need some change...

Last edited:

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m still struggling with the name “Shaun Wane” I just want to call him Shane Warne, it’s reversed and it just does my head in....

It’s the little things.

Regardless, could be a decent option, I’d take just about my one atm.

We need some change...
‘does that mean if sign him , Liz Hurley will be cheerleader

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’ve always said NO to Bennett, but we are at the bottom of the barrel an can’t get any lower, there would be a couple of upsides, he could Deff lure a player or two, but he is not as influential as he used to be. but then again I would prefer someone else..!!
Hehe love this post Scoobs. Feel exactly the same.

A fence sitter but then again, I might not be a fence sitter but then again I am because there's no one else and we are desperate but c'mon sureleee there's a better option.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Shaun Wane could coach England and Dogs?

First heard about him to the Dogs on TK.

Can he bring the best pommies and the English attacking style with him.

Very interesting option.
He's the best all round option imo. Put a wide variety of staff around him like a genuine assistant who was a former half and we'd improve our of sight imo

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

It’s the little things.

Regardless, could be a decent option, I’d take just about my one atm.

We need some change...
Can he spin as needed?
As long as we don’t provide him a phone to text with it should go well :-)

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett would be good for us imo, no nonsense, has a footy brain and undeniable experience, gets his players playing footy even when they get disgruntled with him for one reason or another - not to many coaches seem to be able to achieve that.

Would help us lure some talent, and help us FINALLY rebuild.

His knowledge might help our board in adapting their strategic thought processes for today's game.

Get Mick Ennis under him for 3 years - I reckon he's got potential and it wouldn't be that hard to beat what he's getting paid in the media.

At the moment our biggest focus has to be getting back on our feet, we are not going to win a premiership in the next 2 years regardless of who coaches us, we need to be looking to toward building toward being a force for a decade or so - and that's how you become a successful club again.

I think Wayne would help with that.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hehe love this post Scoobs. Feel exactly the same.

A fence sitter but then again, I might not be a fence sitter but then again I am because there's no one else and we are desperate but c'mon sureleee there's a better option.
Yea Wendog, Well the more we slide the more optimistic I become with maybe and what ifs lol, so have to be on the fence at the moment, consider anything that could be better in hope lol..!!

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's the best all round option imo. Put a wide variety of staff around him like a genuine assistant who was a former half and we'd improve our of sight imo
Was it you who first mentioned Wane?

Despite your Avatar you have good knowledge of footy.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bennett is past it now and is terrible at re building clubs

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett no we need a guy with nous and experience Griffin for me