Bathurst races wild west camp site

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey guys, just noticed Bathurst races are coming up which made me remember as a kid hearing stories about what used to go on up the mountain where the camp sites are...
I never got to see it but sounded like a f**king crazy time...
A Bunch of loose c***s on the piss for days on end, cars getting burnt, trashed, fights etc....

Does anyone have any stories or used to go and camp there??

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys, just noticed Bathurst races are coming up which made me remember as a kid hearing stories about what used to go on up the mountain where the camp sites are...
I never got to see it but sounded like a f**king crazy time...
A Bunch of loose c***s on the piss for days on end, cars getting burnt, trashed, fights etc....

Does anyone have any stories or used to go and camp there??
It's still pretty crazy. I went the year before last and it was a bit nuts. Nothing as crazy as the old stories though. There were a few fights. Some bloke spent a whole night walking around offering beers to people if they drank it while it was poured down his thong that he had been wearing for days. Too many people agreed to do it. At the end of the weekend that bloke ended up sleeping in a wheelie bin

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Used to be a runnamuck but like everything else gets wiped out by the fun Police in the name of public order.
Still the actual yearly enduro, the 1000 will always be great to keep an eye on, Lowndes has some Supercheap money to have another crack against the big money teams and its always a good day as V8 GF

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been about 8 times to Bathurst, the only time I camped up top the mountain was the first time in the mid 80's when I was about 15. Went with my two older brothers. Pretty wild stuff, totally feral. No fun police around back then. But I never saw any real trouble, no matter which car brand you supported, everyone was there for the same reason, party on, no sleep and be as un-politically correct as possible.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seen a lot of wild of shit up there, ALOT
One that sticks in the mind wasn’t so wild but as a 10year old seeing 2 birds running around naked then shitting and wiping there ass on a ford flag really sticks in the brain lol
Could write a novel on the stuff I’ve seen

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Seen a lot of wild of shit up there, ALOT
One that sticks in the mind wasn’t so wild but as a 10year old seeing 2 birds running around naked then shitting and wiping there ass on a ford flag really sticks in the brain lol
Could write a novel on the stuff I’ve seen
Hahaha. I was just about to say I always thought it was a bogan sausage fest and a few grid girls but chicks shitting on flags wow haha

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahaha. I was just about to say I always thought it was a bogan sausage fest and a few grid girls but chicks shitting on flags wow haha
It’s a bogan sausage fest no doubt, but plenty of bogan women up there too lol

Predicting up to 100mm of rain over the 4 days this year

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 1000 is back on, the OPTUS Mostert team is the one to beat, then Red Bull holden Ampol.
DJR is always good.
Gotta love a day long enduro, hope the rain Gods hold off.
Fifty years since Peter Geoffrey Brock won his first in an LJ Torana XU1 in a lil six pack

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The 1000 is back on, the OPTUS Mostert team is the one to beat, then Red Bull holden Ampol.
DJR is always good.
Gotta love a day long enduro, hope the rain Gods hold off.
Fifty years since Peter Geoffrey Brock won his first in an LJ Torana XU1 in a lil six pack
As long as a Holden wins it I'm happy

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to work in Supercars for a number of years and Bathurst is a 40+ year love affair for me. The best way to get a feel for the punters up there is to drive up the hill on Friday or Saturday morning around 6am and go for a walk.

The campsites set up and what is laying around needs to be seen to be believed, and at that time of the morning the wild fez are all in a coma.. :tearsofjoy:

The old days of the donut pen and blowing up the public dunnys in the late late night stand out for me.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brothers took me to Bathurst in the mid-80's which I think mentioned in an above post. 2003 was the first year of me with friends and wifey or both doing the NRL GF and Bathurst weekend away double. I truly miss those days. Back when I gave true fucks about the nrl and V8s.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers about the Blue Mountains, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and early evening. Light winds. Daytime maximum temperatures between 12 and 17.
Hope the race beats the storm.
They should of kicked off early.