Official Bateman signs with Wigan.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm relieved we didn't get him tbh. We should make a strong play for Hastings now that Wigan won't have the cash to keep him, he doesn't want to go to NZ who were the other club interested in him.
FUCK NO! HASTINGS IS NOT THE ANSWER. He clearly failed in the NRL. He is shit. Id rather Lewis over him. Let NZ take him he is not what we need.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also bullet dodged there. I'm happy the club didn't agree to signing Bateman and his money hungry selfish attitude. At least shows we are still somewhat respectable.

Im not against throwing money at a player. But do it on a spine player and someone that is somewhat experienced and loyal. Not Bateman, Mr. 1 year deal cash grab and try to get more cash before I go back home eventually anyway. Yeah nah get fucked.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Also bullet dodged there. I'm happy the club didn't agree to signing Bateman and his money hungry selfish attitude. At least shows we are still somewhat respectable.

Im not against throwing money at a player. But do it on a spine player and someone that is somewhat experienced and loyal. Not Bateman, Mr. 1 year deal cash grab and try to get more cash before I go back home eventually anyway. Yeah nah get fucked.
Money hungry but signed for 500k back at home.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Money hungry but signed for 500k back at home.
Yup. Tried to get it but failed so had to take whatever he could. Doesn't mean he wasn't money hungry. Man still has to feed his family eventually lol.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, I had an argument with a dogs fan who said that making the 8 is a successful year, success is all relative and right now top 8 would be huge but after that you have to build on that it just all feels like a long way off atm
I can't remember us being this weak in the nearly 50 years I've been a Dogs fan. Seems Lynne didn't learn much from Bullfrog (her Dad). I hated Hasler, Castle and co but I never thought we'd actually get worse with them gone. Just seems Lynne can't close a deal. Like one of the mods commented, our board doesn't look too professional when they replaced Price etc with business lightweights Joe Thomas and Peter Mortimer. Where's Lynne's business connections ? Where's a major sponsor ?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yawn... it’s all done.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the Grant scenario, so if CSmith retires then BSmith takes over from him at hooker which still leaves Grant on the outer. Either on the bench as a back up hooker, really, or not playing NRL at all, equally really. I know BSmith can play elsewhere in the forwards but with the game how it is now (6 again and other shit) I'm not convinced that's the best use of the NZ hooker. Smith is signed until the end of 2022 so it's not like Grant will get an opportunity next year. Maybe our play is to offer them both a gig, play them off against each other, and see if BSmith is scared that Grant is gunna take his position or if Grant is afraid that he's gunna get stuck behind BSmith.

"Look how great Grant is going at the Tigers he's gunna come back next year and take your spot".
"CSmith is gunna play on for another year, then Grant is definitely gunna take your spot in 2022".
"Bellamy is retiring next year, so he's not going to be there to save you, the new coach will give the hooking role to Grant".

"Listen Grant, BSmith is the reigning NZ hooker do you really think they are going to let you take an International's Spot".
"CSmith is gunna play on for another year at 1/2 with BSmith at hooker. You have no chance of even getting onto the bench".
"Bellamy is retiring next year, so whatever promises he made for when you come back he's not going to be there to keep them, the new coach will give the hooking role to BSmith".

Get inside their heads, get them hating each other and looking for every sign that they are second choice.

Go Dogs
I like the idea of playing grant against b Smith.
This the leverage managers do with clubs.
These guys are worth equal value so getting either is not going to affect us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Telucrap reckons we offered Corric $750K. Raiders offering $500K.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What an Idiotic statement, agents don’t blacklist teams, teams blacklist agents, he was never taken off the table, they tried to fleece the dogs who are desperate, dogs offered what they were willing to pay, bateman wanted more and used his daughter as an excuse to protect his image
ha!
how wrong yo ass.

Managers are manipulating clubs and Isaav and mimis have leveraged blacklisting in their arsenal.

Why do you think ricky said what he said the other day at the Bateman press conference? abour managers agitating rosters.

Why do you think the warriors are getting rid of their two best players?

its a bit risky from moses but its about taking guys they want off the table.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

I guarantee if Bateman signed for us he would have left early

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plan A was Bateman.. but the club has contingencys in place .. Plan B Jamil Hopoate..

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the Grant scenario, so if CSmith retires then BSmith takes over from him at hooker which still leaves Grant on the outer. Either on the bench as a back up hooker, really, or not playing NRL at all, equally really. I know BSmith can play elsewhere in the forwards but with the game how it is now (6 again and other shit) I'm not convinced that's the best use of the NZ hooker. Smith is signed until the end of 2022 so it's not like Grant will get an opportunity next year. Maybe our play is to offer them both a gig, play them off against each other, and see if BSmith is scared that Grant is gunna take his position or if Grant is afraid that he's gunna get stuck behind BSmith.

"Look how great Grant is going at the Tigers he's gunna come back next year and take your spot".
"CSmith is gunna play on for another year, then Grant is definitely gunna take your spot in 2022".
"Bellamy is retiring next year, so he's not going to be there to save you, the new coach will give the hooking role to Grant".

"Listen Grant, BSmith is the reigning NZ hooker do you really think they are going to let you take an International's Spot".
"CSmith is gunna play on for another year at 1/2 with BSmith at hooker. You have no chance of even getting onto the bench".
"Bellamy is retiring next year, so whatever promises he made for when you come back he's not going to be there to keep them, the new coach will give the hooking role to BSmith".

Get inside their heads, get them hating each other and looking for every sign that they are second choice.

Go Dogs
Storm don’t let players go that they want to keep.Their system will allow for both players or even the 3 of them to fit in next year.Good laugh though ,thinking we can get inside their heads with schoolboy whispers .

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You believe that..nobody knows what they offered him to go back.
If I had to guess, a modest first year total with a marquee back end on the last 3 years, and Hastings or Burgess drop off marquee status in 2021.

on another note, what would be a gangsta matchup? Dogs vs Wigan.

FatDogSlim

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
7. C. Smith
9. Grant
13. B. Smith

If Smith retires Storm have more money to retain Grant and B. Smith.

Grant will come down to money. Other clubs will be offering him a lot more than the Storm.
B. Smith will come down to money and/or if he wants to play hooker.

We should be going hard for both Grant and B. Smith to at least make others pay more.
B. Smith would want hooker’s money though. Same with Grant. They both can’t be paid that. Maybe a small chance for us for one of them

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I had to guess, a modest first year total with a marquee back end on the last 3 years, and Hastings or Burgess drop off marquee status in 2021.

on another note, what would be a gangsta matchup? Dogs vs Wigan.
Still be a loss,unless we can swap coaches

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Telucrap reckons we offered Corric $750K. Raiders offering $500K.
And the way to get some deals done and moving forward? .. sack pay, that’s a start..!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately I really don’t think there’s a play there I think smith will retire, grant to hooker and smith goes into the forward pack, if any other team will get either of them it’s the tigers
They played CSmith at 1/2 on Thursday night and BSmith at hooker and they were losing rather badly until CSmith went back to hooker. Bellamy subbed BSmiith off around 55 mins then subbed him back in around 65 minutes.

Go Dogs

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FUCK NO! HASTINGS IS NOT THE ANSWER. He clearly failed in the NRL. He is shit. Id rather Lewis over him. Let NZ take him he is not what we need.
While your original point is valid saying you want Lewis over anyone on earth has to be the over reaction of the millennium

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol wake up UnReal1 the situation is clear cut. He wants to go home for family reasons and the only way he could’ve possibly been enticed to stay was for monumental contract overs. Which in the event that if we did pay it then I’m sure you’d be one of the first to complain as well.

Any excuse for a whinge.
now its "monumental" haha... flop... never wanted bateman from the beginning