News Barrett

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our problems extend much further than simply replacing a coach, but it'll be a good start.
No shit lol... when I say fresh faces new approach I mean full sweep, everyone GONE. But said it more than once lol..!!

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Think about it.

We will have much, much better attack. Panthers are top of the ladder with him as assistant coach. Yes, head coach is different BUT imo have Barrett as head coach and maybe Pay as an assistant?

Pay has shown at least when he focuses on defence we do well....we can all agree on that. Provided that players are in their correct positions.

I would be fine with only Barrett coaching though. At least we can attract players that way.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd hope the board have at least told Cotric that Barrett (or whoever it is) is going to be the new coach. At least then we're a better chance of snaring him.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Barrett is to be coach and he is in charge of recruitment, who would he realistically bring? And who would he punt. Think like Barrett.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Barrett is to be coach and he is in charge of recruitment, who would he realistically bring? And who would he punt. Think like Barrett.
Who would he punt ??

Lol that wouldn’t be a hard decisions at all .

If we are wiping then slate clean and rebuilding again who are the players we currently have you would keep ?

I’m flat out making an argument for 4-5 players

Averillo
Thompson
Hopoate
To Omaga
Foran - experience and with with decent forward pack he’ll get the backline singing

Reimis smith as a winger only would be the only other one

I don’t know who we have coming through the ranks but we have an appalling roster and even though changes are needed , making the correct changes are important atm

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as he brings in one of these. I'm cool with it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Barrett better than pay, we just need a new face an fresh change. Can’t get any worse than pay an that’s a fact.!!!
Agree man obviously we missed the boat on Holbrook ... massive mistake. Im just happy that Barrett is a half who loved to play direct and hopefully he coaches and recruits that way as it's how the modern game is favoured.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barrett as COACH????????????????? Say that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BARRETT AS COACH????? Can it get any worst like he was coaching at Manly?
Great winning percentage too. My Burmese Cat could coach better....... I'm Done if this dickhead even walks through the gates of Belmore.....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree man obviously we missed the boat on Holbrook ... massive mistake. Im just happy that Barrett is a half who loved to play direct and hopefully he coaches and recruits that way as it's how the modern game is favoured.
Pretty sure Holbrook really wanted to go the coast.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And he played a huge role in the Penrith junior revival. Got hooked himself because of the "Messiah" returning to Red Hill and again by Gould because he dared to disagree with Lord Phil... Whoever takes Griffin on next will get a very good coach who understands the value of the footy nursery.

173 FG games as coach 55% win ratio, facts.

P.S in case I forgot to mention.... Get FUCKED, Trent Barrett and anyone at Canterbury even considering the peanut.
After reading some of you comments baz I get the impression that you feel pretty strongly about barret lol

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrooks already made some astute signings up there and him and Dymock are looking the goods...I’m gonna call it Titans to make the 8 next year for sure

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would punt Cogger bring in Burton. Punt Montoya bring In Crichton. This would be a start. Dreams are free right.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
CPM is that you lol?
Barrett as COACH????????????????? Say that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BARRETT AS COACH????? Can it get any worst like he was coaching at Manly?
Great winning percentage too. My Burmese Cat could coach better....... I'm Done if this dickhead even walks through the gates of Belmore.....

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett rumour must be a joke - He has done nothing to warrant this opportunity. Manly couldn’t wait to get rid of him and he managed only a 40% win rate with a better squad than ours.

The Cronulla and Cowboys coaches must be relieved the press are hell bent on any story related to our demise.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would Paul Green be an option, or is he past it?