News Barrett

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take him on a 2 year deal if he fails move onto the next.....anything is better than Pay the team is playing horrible

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can Barrett bring some players over from Manly as well? lol

Tapau, Fonua Blake & Thompson. Get the forwards from Manly and raid the backs from Penrith lol

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
How is it a stupid comment he literally got rattled by the club not providing new tables and chairs in the clubs training rooms. How is he going to go with the mess he faces here? He probably will do a better job then Pay but who couldn’t.
I think he was promised certain changes or additions to improve their training. Manly being broke didn't deliver. Barrett was starting to butt heads with certain people he used it as an excuse to walk out on his deal but manly didnt bite.

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he was promised certain changes or additions to improve their training. Manly being broke didn't deliver. Barrett was starting to butt heads with certain people heuhe it as an excuse to walk out on his deal but manly didnt bite.
Manly still paid him for 2019 season even though they brought in Des so technically he wasn’t sacked?

I remember one year think it was 2018 he took Manly to 6th... brought along some scrap heap players like Sirro to be consistent performers ...Suli

Manly still owe him money for the chairs

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Barrett and hook combo would be nice. We can do with an attacking type coach but also an old head who gets the basics right and has ability to develop kids.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he was promised certain changes or additions to improve their training. Manly being broke didn't deliver. Barrett was starting to butt heads with certain people heuhe it as an excuse to walk out on his deal but manly didnt bite.
Being broke won’t be such a problem but there’s definitely a chance he could but heads with certain people here. Finding the next coach is pretty close to most critical decision the club is ever going to make so I just have everything crossed we get it right. If it’s Barrett I hope he kills it but he’s no sure thing to succeed and comes with a element of risk.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Being broke won’t be such a problem but there’s definitely a chance he could but heads with certain people here. Finding the next coach is pretty close to most critical decision the club is ever going to make so I just have everything crossed we get it right. If it’s Barrett I hope he kills it but he’s no sure thing to succeed and comes with a element of risk.
Agreed it's a massive call. I like hook but also Barrett for his attack smarts. Would be a good combo but who knows. Flanno Hook Barrett . All offer something different.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fonua Blake can stay where he is lol
Can Barrett bring some players over from Manly as well? lol

Tapau, Fonua Blake & Thompson. Get the forwards from Manly and raid the backs from Penrith lol

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed it's a massive call. I like hook but also Barrett for his attack smarts. Would be a good combo but who knows. Flanno Hook Barrett . All offer something different.
I’m definitely down for Barrett as a assistant just worried about him being the head coach. Flanno or Hook I could accept too as I think someone with experience in necessary.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not the coach I wanted, but there maybe some positives to this:

1. If Korisou went to Penrith because of Barrett then maybe he can attract players. It will also make it easier for use to buy some decent players now, players will know we have committed to a coach.

2. He’s coached at NRL level, he’s got the experience and may have learnt from his mistakes and will probably approach the gig a bit more differently.

It’s in upgrade from Pay, but still a risk. If it goes well then the gamble would have paid off. At least you won’t get the “run hard tackle hard” approach.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact that the club is after him must be based on the recommendation of Gould. He'll be able to attract some Panthers players and he will improve the games of Wakeman, Avo and hopefully Burton. At this point, he's not my 1 choice but I'd take him over Pay. You'd like to think out attack would improve with a half as coach
Wakeman is never going to be a champion halfback.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We actually need a entirely new coaching team

Grimaldi should be punted

Sakes we are the slowest, weakest and unfit team in the comp

We ain’t winning another game this year under this regime

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ll be dreaming tonight of tomorrow’s headline reading Barrett signs on as Dogs coach and brings Burton, Crichton, API, Tamou, Fisher Harris, Yeo, Cleary and another 10 Panthers with him..(just to clarify, I’m not actually a fan of Barrett coaching us, but could live with it if a few of the above named players came with him)

Last edited:

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll be dreaming tonight of tomorrow’s headline reading Barrett signs on as Dogs coach and brings Burton, Crichton, API, Tamou, Fisher Harris, Yeo, Cleary and another 10 Panthers with him..
lol
Keep dreaming

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pays a God comapred to Barrett. Look at what he had and the ship sunk until Des arrived.

Keep Pay bring in a geuine assistant instead of Georgallis, somone like Justin Morgan or Shane Flanagan. He deserves a proper shot with quality staff and players.