News Barrett Recieves Contract

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is an article about a fucking call that has not happened and an assumption that Pay watched the football at home on his couch but could have mowed the lawn instead.

Yep.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw incompetence, dumb footy and morons once Foran went off
I don’t know where this clown saw fight

the fight was in the first half when we came back from 10-0 to be 18-10 up

rubbish journalism again

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next article will be "Barett looks for a pen"

All puff pieces which mean little until we actually see it from the club he has signed
They're very thorough reporting it step by step.
Next will be pest and building report before settlement.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This was maybe the worst article yet. None of it made sense and it was a pathetic attempt to try and tie everything together.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would take our position over the Bronco's any day of the week. Our guys show fight, the broncs are just dead inside. If we can add another 3-4 players in key spots that are the next level then we win more then we lose and that's something to work with. Bronc's have the players but no heart, we have the heart but no players.......I take us.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would take our position over the Bronco's any day of the week. Our guys show fight, the broncs are just dead inside. If we can add another 3-4 players in key spots that are the next level then we win more then we lose and that's something to work with. Bronc's have the players but no heart, we have the heart but no players.......I take us.
Broncos have to move on players they wanted to keep to buy some experience and players that're going to inspire others preferably in the spine positions (are they even available?). Their roster balance is very off. So much talent in that side tho. They've missed Fifita, Staggs and Turpin three of their best players too (also Lodge). That still isn't an excuse due to the rest of their roster.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying there was fight in all the games we've played this year (a couple blow outs and disappointing results in there). I'd say there was fight in the Eels, Dragons x2, Sharks and Rabbitohs games. I think there's a world where we could of had 5 wins on the board.
Had Deano played his players in their positions this year we’d have done better. Thought Meaney finally looked like a player today AT FUCKING FULLBACK where he was signed to play

silva

Utility
Reaction score
This could work. Barretts technically sound a former number 6. Hel need a quality man manager as assistant

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why Steve G has not been given a chance over the next 10 weeks .. what’s the rush ? Trent b wasn’t going anywhere ...
I agree. Give the assistant a chance before making it public that you have no confidence in him and are chasing another assistant coach hehe. The board handled it way better with jimmy dymock. We would have all thought he would have remained coach

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the board’s big plan and reveal is signing Barrett and Cotric I will be gutted. We’ll pinned at the bottom of the ladder for a long time yet.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If the board’s big plan and reveal is signing Barrett and Cotric I will be gutted. We’ll pinned at the bottom of the ladder for a long time yet.
There will be a lot more signings then just Cotric. It'll just depend on the calibre of players. We really need someone like a Brandon Smith and another few or so quality NRL players. They might announce Barrett and Cotric on Monday but it doesn't just end there.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm sick of this narrative from reporters that obviously don't watch all our games about us having character, desire, a good forward pack, etc because it's a false narrative. So far this year we've heard things like Lewis is a future superstar, Elliott is a future origin player, Remeis Smith is a gun centre, we've got a great forward pack, Marshall King is a quality footballer, Jackson is a great player, Meaney is a future superstar, etc and I swear the commentators that say shit like that don't actually watch our games but have preconceived ideas in their heads from the past or they feel sorry for us.
The truth is saints played s***house today and would've been flogged by most sides, Ben hunt looked like he was trying to throw the game as some stages. Last week we got smashed by a Broncos side that couldn't buy a win and that got smashed by almost 50 the next week.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Barrett is a good signing personally, he will be hungry to prove himself an show he’s up to it, he will also be even hungrier to take this chance, and turn this club into a powerhouse again.. if he plays his cards right this could be his house, he can own this and that’s a massive opportunity..

he knows coming in what he has potentially got, which is, a team to make his own, Bring in players, attract players, bragging rights if he can turn it around, and that’s a massive time for him in his Career if he can.. I have faith in him until he proves me wrong , I gave pay the same benefit of the doubt, and I will also give Barrett that.

good luck to him.!!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so sure about that. Broncos biggest problems lie off the park in the coaches chair and the boardroom. That side with Bennett and a couple of board changes would be so much better.

They only need 1-2 older heads in the side to temper the stupidity, and the natural talent will win games.

We don’t have that natural talent at the moment. We need 7-10 new players imo. So we did well yesterday...only because ST George played like shit after we scored our first try.

Any top eight wouldn’t have capitulated like that.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we are approaching this all wrong. We should get an experienced coach such as Bennett, Bellamy or Griffin with a young up and coming coach to serve a 2-3 year apprenticeship before taking over.