Barrett and blooding

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tonight in the presser Barrett mentioned Paul Alamoti. It reminded me that earlier in the season he dropped some hints that after Rd 10 we'd start seeing some new players.

So far we have seen:

Aaron Schoupp - Debuted round 11, has played 5 times in the 6 games since Rd 10, missed one due to being 1 of the Covid 5
Jackson Topine - Debuted earlier in the season as an injury replacement, but has played 2 times in the 6 games since Rd 10, will he come back in for Stinkson after this week?
Falakiko Manu - Debuted against Manly after the Covid5 got rubbed out, but played again today
BBO - Debuted against Manly after the Covid5 got rubbed out, but played again today
Chris Patolo - Debuted against Manly after the Covid5 got rubbed out, not a great debut

Also notable:
Jake Averillo - Though he debuted last year and has been in the halves since start of the season, he has had a lock on the 7 jersey since Rd 10.
Matt Doorey - Still a youngster, has featured in all the games since Rd 10 except this week after the head knock against Manly

Who else might get a go over the rest of the season? Whatever Barrett is getting wrong, or not right, he appears to be sticking with a plan that he had early in the season.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Loved him mentioning Paul Alamoti in his press conference. Gives a lot of confidence to the get going into next year. I think he could definitely get a debut around origin assuming JAC will be out.

Really hoping to hear more about Rajab, Danny Ghantous and Bailey Cox.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One of the good things about Schoupp doing well, and hopefully BBO and Manu as well, is it will help keep the other backs honest. They will realise that they aren't going to just walk into first grade.

And the whole lot of them must be looking over their shoulders at Alamoti, looks like Baz can't wait to wheel him out next season.

If only we had some forwards coming through...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the good things about Schoupp doing well, and hopefully BBO and Manu as well, is it will help keep the other backs honest. They will realise that they aren't going to just walk into first grade.

And the whole lot of them must be looking over their shoulders at Alamoti, looks like Baz can't wait to wheel him out next season.

If only we had some forwards coming through...
I love Schoupp. About time we had someone who actually looks like he gives a fuck about the result.

Compare his passion to floppa tonight.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved him mentioning Paul Alamoti in his press conference. Gives a lot of confidence to the get going into next year. I think he could definitely get a debut around origin assuming JAC will be out.

Really hoping to hear more about Rajab, Danny Ghantous and Bailey Cox.
I'm pretty sure at a members function earlier this year Baz said don't be surprised if Alamoti debuts in Rd 1. Not only did he mention him tonight in the presser but he referred to him as a gun. That's how highly Baz thinks of him

Rajab and Ghantous look the goods too.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was pleasantly pleased with the way TBAZ handled the presser and the truth he spoke, was well done and he seems very optimistic about 22, lots of positives , with a very tough fought game from the boys.!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I love Schoupp. About time we had someone who actually looks like he gives a fuck about the result.

Niggled JMoz lol

Surely Floppa can't stay in the team much longer (if he is staying) ..just terrible effort by him.

The team would be so much better without these 6 or so lazy, mistake riddled players.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When they bought up Dufty in the press conference. Did you see him light up saying we’ve got Fox coming, Burton, Naden. Mentioned Alamoti that he’s an “absolute gun”. The future is bright. We’ll get better.

Side note. How good is watching the press conference after the game nowadays. Barrett actually speaks. And he’s good to look at in a non gay way.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Fucking love Schoupp. Plays with so much heart and clearly loves the club.

Next person I see put Allan ahead of him in their side is coping a huge spray.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure at a members function earlier this year Baz said don't be surprised if Alamoti debuts in Rd 1. Not only did he mention him tonight in the presser but he referred to him as a gun. That's how highly Baz thinks of him

Rajab and Ghantous look the goods too.
U have to be forgetting abt nasheed aswell

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fucking love Schoupp. Plays with so much heart and clearly loves the club.

Next person I see put Allan ahead of him in their side is coping a huge spray.
What a machine he is. Played his heart out tonight

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't take up boxing like your old man, you'd receive 150 punches to your slow 1.