Barret interview at 5:15 Today

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For those who want to listen to the interview, I've uploaded to my son's Youtube channel.

he plays for the Asquith Magpies U'7, so please give his channel a like or watch his game-day videos.

Blocked due to copyright.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much confirmed that Avo will be #1 and Wakeham will get a crack at #9. Whoever had the mail about Wakeham at 9 was spot on so kudos
I recall mr assassin mention this. I'm happy to see Wakeham tried there. Between JMK katoa and Wakeham we have to be a chance in coming up with a half decent result.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham is a similar build to Tom Starling so someone of his size can play at hooker. I’m interested to see him given a go there he does have some of the raw ingredients to make a good hooker.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the fact that hes going to find spots for averillo and wakeham in our team. although wakeham hasnt lit the world on fire yet i think he has more potential than lewis and others and would be good to have him in the team if he performs at 9. its another kicking option and another playmaker on the field. as for averillo i have no doubt he could be a great fullback. he seems to follow the ball and things happen around him. also a bonus that they're both local juniors. i would hate to be a dogs player when it comes time for pre-season this year, sounds like they're in for a tough one haha

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Keen on Avo isnt he... bet your bottom $ he will be at fb come trials, espescially if burton comes.
That’s why I wouldn’t throw money at JAC. he’d block averillo a chance in the spine. Averillo might be a flop. But we need to find out. It’s the biggest blight on pay and georgallis. They should have thrown him in at 1 or 6 and given him a dozen games there after our season was over (in effect after round 5).

Exciting to hear about Avo a possible 1 and Burton and Flanagan a possible 6 and 7. Hope that’s the end of Lewis and somehow the end of zelezniak. He ain’t no 650k player, if both could be shipped out we’d be in a much better position.

And I don’t see wakeman as a 9. His defence would be atrocious. His best bet might be a bench utility but even then I think Flanagan is way ahead in his development. Again a blight on the previous coaches for not getting 25-30 games into him.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes good interview,pretty much the questions most of us would have asked,with the answers most of us knew,in relation to the number 9,he mentioned wakeham as a possibility,and that they would have to work on him,also the close games were lost mainly because of lack of fitness,but the thing that I liked most was his interest in working with the younger fellows.