Barret Gets Firebrand For Bulldogs??

DirtyDog72

Waterboy
Reaction score
BARRETT GETS FIREBRAND FOR BULLDOGS
New Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett has taken a major gamble by signing Panthers prop Jack Hetherington.

Hetherington is much like Roosters enforcer Jared Waerea-Hargreaves - an old-style enforcer who rival forwards fear.

e can turn a match with his aggression and powerful running and was great in his loan spell with the Warriors this season.

But like JWH, Hetherington can suffer from 'white line fever' - when he runs on to the field, he sometimes loses his cool and gives away penalties and finds himself getting suspended.

Hetherington is on contract with the Panthers for next season - but Penrith have to upgrade a host of their young stars and so will let him go.

The two clubs are currently working out the details of Hetherington's 2021 contract but the Bulldogs may have got a great buy - provided he keeps his cool out in the middle.

Panthers prop Jack Hetherington, here having a blinder against Wests Tigers while on loan at the Warriors. (Getty)

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok, so Jack is going to be one of our starting props for half the season, probably next to Thompson. Who is going to be the starting prop for the other half season when he is serving suspensions...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Powerful runs lol

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty much says it all in that last paragraph - he’ll be a great buy if he can manage to harness his aggression and stay suspension free. He’s got great late footwork at the line and an offload. The sort of middle forward we need.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, his career averages of 35 minutes and 64 metres a game with only two games over 100 metres are worrying stats, especially when you factor in the suspensions and penalties.

I hope he didn't cost much, can avoid suspension and provide the impact that people think he can.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck I hope we didn't pay stupid overs &/or 4 year deal for this guy.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does say that we will have gotten a good deal if he keeps his cool so I would think that suggests we didnt pay too much.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont mind him. He'd come cheap. And he can rattle the cage of the opposition. Funny we have barely been in the "fight" since players like Reynolds, Ennis etc left. Fair enough its good to have controlled aggression, but an out and out lunatic isnt too bad :p

Napa was brought in to be the enforcer but is softer then a puddle. At the end of the day no worse then Britt so we really shouldnt be complaining.

Hopefully now with the front row stocks solidified we can move into recruiting key positions.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dont mind him. He'd come cheap. And he can rattle the cage of the opposition. Funny we have barely been in the "fight" since players like Reynolds, Ennis etc left. Fair enough its good to have controlled aggression, but an out and out lunatic isnt too bad :p

Napa was brought in to be the enforcer but is softer then a puddle. At the end of the day no worse then Britt so we really shouldnt be complaining.

Hopefully now with the front row stocks solidified we can move into recruiting key positions.
Exactly right. It’s not all about stats and from a players perspective you want him to harness his aggression but still make the opposition have an element of fear and doubt every time they run the ball. People complained about Tolman being a powderpuff and if you want metres (albeit mostly running backwards) we should just re-sign Sharon Woods. I’m happy with this signing if it eventuates, particularly with Penrith paying some of the freight

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still don't think it's the type of forward we need, we seem to have a lot of smaller middle forwards, we really need that big body that bends the line like a NAS, Paulo, AFB etc

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When are we going to get an upgrade to the spine? We are still waiting for our rockstar fullback 7 years later
I think the bigger question is when are we going to get an upgrade on any of our current players, not just the spine.

I wouldn't mind the signing but we already have enough of these type of fringe players as it is.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so Jack is going to be one of our starting props for half the season, probably next to Thompson. Who is going to be the starting prop for the other half season when he is serving suspensions...
In that case we should have kept Tolman yeah? Lol mr nice guy is always available

Last edited:

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the bigger question is when are we going to get an upgrade on any of our current players, not just the spine.

I wouldn't mind the signing but we already have enough of these type of fringe players as it is.
I'm happy with him. Just want some better positional changes. Spine preferably

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In that case we should have kept Tolman yeah? Lol me nice guy is always available
Might as well have a 3rd starting prop, going to need him for the first 4 weeks for Thommos suspension, then he can sit back and wait for Jack's first suspension to roll in. Just gotta hope Jack waits until Round 5 to dial it to 11.