Barba/turner switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
hey guys...was at the game yday.....and over the moon with the win yday......
but was just curious if any1 else noticed when Barba and Turner switched positions in the 2nd half...
do we understand the reasoning for this?
do u think its something Moore will consistenly do.......Turner is a safe as a bank at the back.....but Barba has done nothing wrong in my eyes at the back either.........I just wouldnt want him to become a liability defending on the wing....thats if this is a constant thing Moore plans to do..
your thoughts?

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think when Moore notices Barba get a little tired and gets his positioning a little off, because of that, he shifts him onto the wing to give him a rest. I dont mind it as long as it doesn't affect our defensive line as a fullback does most of the talking from the back.

P

Paint.

Yeah, Barba seemed a little tired, needs a bit more fitness imo

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think barba himself tells turner to fill in for a set or 2

C

chipandchase

Yeah, Barba seemed a little tired, needs a bit more fitness imo
he is getting used to all the extra running that he has to do. he just takes a breather on the wing, alot of players do that with the back 3

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I think its a defensive move (or a slight injury)

I don't think its because his tired, thats the stupidiest things I've ever heard

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
fullback is very tiring work, especially when you need to catch the ball
Exactly. You need a similar type of fitness to an AFL player, due to all the running.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I think its a defensive move (or a slight injury)

I don't think its because his tired, thats the stupidiest things I've ever heard
he was extremely tired, i noticed this in the tigers match also

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
He's under a lot of pressure to improve his game and the coaches want him backing up the ball carriers as often as possible. To do this he needs to cover a lot of ground.

Especially when we drop the ball every set....He's up in the line trying to back up ball carriers then he has to turn around and sprint back due to some nutbag dropping the pill mid set. Not to mention the constant strafing from side to side in anticipation for catching a kick on the full.

Takes a bit to get used to and match fitness takes time.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
he was extremely tired, i noticed this in the tigers match also
Nonsense, I'm sorry but how anyone watching the game can tell how a player is "feeling" is ridiculous

Also at fullback there are times when you run alot, BUT you also have ALOT of moments when your sucking in the big ones ... if Hodkinson & co can last sprinting/impact/sprint... repeat for 80 minutes

I'm sure Barba (one of the fitter players we have) can manage at fullback

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nonsense, I'm sorry but how anyone watching the game can tell how a player is "feeling" is ridiculous

Also at fullback there are times when you run alot, BUT you also have ALOT of moments when your sucking in the big ones ... if Hodkinson & co can last sprinting/impact/sprint... repeat for 80 minutes

I'm sure Barba (one of the fitter players we have) can manage at fullback
Hes probably been doing more strength training to help him bulk up and help his previous defensive issues. He may be lacking some endurance training because of it. He will adjust im sure.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
well his body language gave it away

for example breathing heavy, slow moving, hands on hips and staying down

im telling you i once completed a TAFE certificate II in psychotherapy, so my expertise indicates to me that all that means he is tired

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
and if next week he races away in the 70th minute .. then what ?

He got his endurance back in 1 week ? He's tired yes, just the rest of them ... but nothing out of the norm IMHO

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Eedz, it's because he was tired and would have given up valuable metres by not being in the best possible position to catch the ball on the full, or run it back with gusto.

You'll find that in 2 or 3 weeks he won't be doing this any longer, due to a higher level of match fitness.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Eedz, it's because he was tired and would have given up valuable metres by not being in the best possible position to catch the ball on the full, or run it back with gusto.

You'll find that in 2 or 3 weeks he won't be doing this any longer, due to a higher level of match fitness.
Yep.

He will adjust. Give him time. Patten took time to be his best in that position too.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think barba himself tells turner to fill in for a set or 2
It was this. I was watching from up high, and it was Barba that went to Turner when he needed a rest.

I dont mind it tbh. They seem to work well together.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It was this. I was watching from up high, and it was Barba that went to Turner when he needed a rest.

I dont mind it tbh. They seem to work well together.
Moore's probably told him to go to Turner if he feels tired, rather than play there tired and let in a try.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
thanks for the input guys........yeh i didnt see what happened.......i just saw Barba on the wing for 5 mins or so.......wen we made that little break and he put up a bomb....
5 mins later they changed back..........if the roles were reversed and Barba was 1 on 1 with Wesser......i think Barba would have stepped him and would have blown him away........but then wesser wouldnt of got sin binned...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.