Barba to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now dont crucify me if im wrong here guys! But ive heard a little rumour that Roberts has been dropped to the bench this week & Barba is starting. It would be a great chance for Barba to steak his claim for the no:6 jersey.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
ban BB :o

if its true i wouldnt mind. just cant see it happening yet

X

XxFoVoSxX

it would do the kid wonders if he does. Good luck to him and hope he absolutely kills it

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roberts deserves to be on the bench after his performance on Saturday. I was impressed with Barba's defense and the half break he made. Robert's will add value off the bench

100% bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i reakon barba off the bench would be better, hes quick and catch the forwards napping towards the end of the game

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Either way Barba needs to be more vocal and call for the ball more from Noddy and Ennis. He has to get more involved because he is way too talented and dangerous a player to never touch the ball. Plus he has to get back to supporting the ball runner more which is one of his strengths.

All of that will improve no doubt with more game time and him being comfortable in FG but hopefully we can see more involvement from Barba against the Titans.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expect Barba to be starting on a permanant basis by round 10 tbh.

I agree with you, Ben. He is so talented but hasn't been calling for the ball much at all. I think he doesn't feel confident enough 'cause Noddy is the man inside him and fair enough but he needs to call for it sometimes because he can make somthing out of nothing.

D

dogs_4 lyf

meh would be great to see him start:grinning:

but we shall see if he does or not tomorrow night.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i reakon barba off the bench would be better, hes quick and catch the forwards napping towards the end of the game
this has been the case for the few games we've played - he's made 1 run that people remember and 1 tackle that people remember - in 2 NRL games

if he starts he'd want to actually do something

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
this has been the case for the few games we've played - he's made 1 run that people remember and 1 tackle that people remember - in 2 NRL games

if he starts he'd want to actually do something
What does roberts do though? Kick out on the full. It's like the lesser of two evils. LOL

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well given he did do better than Roberts on Sat it would be okay, but i doubt he'll last 80 minutes.

Still no Holdsworth and thats a huge plus

Status
Not open for further replies.