Barba leaves Moore facing predicament

Status
Not open for further replies.

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben Roberts has been an embarrasment to first grade in the first 2 games of the season and I'm convinced he shouldn't have been re-signed. In 3 or 4 years he has shown no consistency. How many terrible passes does someone have to throw before he gets hooked Moore? I'm starting to question his ability also tbh. It's clear that Barba deserves the no.6 jersey. His defence is fine. I noticed him hang onto much bigger and stronger players the other night. He's doing a lot more in attack than any other player too.

I see him as a replacement to General years down the track because he would thrive with room to move but until then, put him in the starting spot. Bringing him off the bench is no good if he always has to play catch-up.

I don't see a spot in first grade for Roberts anymore unless we needed him to play centre. Green showed that if ennis misses anymore games that he's a good replacement. As for forwards needing to buiild a good platform for the backs, that's always the way but tell me the last time Roberts scored a solo try from his own brilliance? barba did and he's half the size so it wasn't strength that got him over the line. That's the only thing Roberts has and even that isn't very evident these days.

Terrible news about our props being uinjured. That is going to make the next month very difficult.
Thats because he has zero vision. its like he has blinkers on.

He is a talented player but summing up the situation is not his forte. That is something BArba does well

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
roberts has two good games and we jump at resigning him................I have an easy way to fit Barba into the starting line up....drop Roberts....seems simple to me!

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have to re-sign him first. I don't want Barba playing for another club next year.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a simple problem when Roberts has epilectic fits on field.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
roberts has two good games and we jump at resigning him................I have an easy way to fit Barba into the starting line up....drop Roberts....seems simple to me!
Barba has two good games and we jump at re-signing him.......................................................................

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very but moore is clutching at straws anyone who starts to feel pressure goes back to what they think is best and what has worked before it shows he has no ideas and is more worried about today then he is about the future

Cocko

New Pup
Reaction score
I do not know why they show so much faith in Roberts. The game is littered with talented players who simply could not produce that form on a regular basis. Roberts fits that category to a tee.He played 1 standout game last year & got a renewed contract. They should start shopping him around & give that money to Barba.
What else does this kid have to do? He is the best talent to cpome through the club since Thurston & now we risk losing him as well. Watch Nth Qld make a play for him now to bring him home to partner Thurston. He owned NYC & reggies & will dominate in 1st grade if given a proper go. Todays game is a fast mans game & he has it in spades.
Kev showed faith in a nobody like Warburton due to strong perfomances, why does he find it so hard to the same with Barba. The club needs to lock him up long term as he is a rare talent. Noddy needs to show some respect for the club & himself by retiring & concentrating on his media career.
Kev dont stick your head in the sand like your predecessor & let this kid leave Belmore

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Barba scored an individual try, but could not organise the team for ****. Defo not a half.

Plus Roberts made a ****load of breaks last year, no Barba

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Barba scored an individual try, but could not organise the team for ****. Defo not a half.
That's still better than anything Kimmorley or Roberts did for the entire game.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Kev is doing it right at the moment with selections. We will find form. If you sack people based on a few games most of our side would be sacked. Even our elite players in 2009 like Patten and BK have done bad things. Patten missed a few tackles for tries even. Turner has been great at some things and poor at others. BK out of form. Roberts throwing too many passes to nobody (not looking). Ennis, tragic goalkicking and suspended. Idris, our latest star has been having some good runs but also some bad brain explosions and defence. Ryan, lacklustre at times. You can go through the whole team like that.

TBH i expected us to lose to St Merge. They are in better form than us right now and it was played down there. St merge are usually good during the season. Must suck the be a St Merge fan though coz you dont know if they can win the GF even when they finish minor premiers. They will probably choke again later.

Remember last year the disappointments of the first half of the season were Parramatta, and Melbourne only came good at the end of the season also. Parra were something like 5-10 last year at one point and playing awful. They made the GF.

Not time for the fat lady to warm up her voice yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.