Barba: I will bounce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
CANTERBURY fullback Ben Barba has apologised to fans after his horror night against Penrith and promised there will be no repeat of it if he has his way.

The Bulldogs' NRL season is on life support after a meek 20-6 loss to the Panthers in which Barba's inexperience under the high ball was exposed badly by Penrith halfback Luke Walsh.

Walsh produced an array of dazzling kicks which baffled Barba, three of which led directly to tries.

Most worrying was a moment in the second half when a towering bomb went uncontested by Barba - who let it bounce, and watched as Penrith five-eighth Travis Burns showed more desperation to retrieve the ball and score next to the posts for a 20-0 lead.

Barba bravely bore most of the criticism following the loss, which dumps the Bulldogs out of the top eight, and said he expected to face a similar test from Melbourne halfback Cooper Cronk next weekend.

"I sort of went into each kick half-hearted and they scored three times," Barba said.

"I'm disappointed in how i performed and I've got to prepare really well this week because I know it's going to be the same against the Storm.

"It's down to hard work from me now."

Until this year Barba had played primarily in the halves or off the bench, and only took over the Bulldogs No.1 jersey when veteran custodian Luke Patten moved to the English Super League in the off-season.

But he refuses to consign his off night as part of his learning experience in a relatively new position and says it is not something he expects to go through again.

"There's no excuses from me. It's halfway through the season and I've played fullback before (this year)," he added.

"I've just got to take the beatings and bounce back. I've played there enough now to know what goes on.

"Everyone's disappointed in the performance we showed tonight and hopefully we never play like this again."

Tele

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Walsh produced an array of dazzling kicks which baffled Barba, three of which led directly to tries.
Tele
Are journalists serious with **** like that? There was nothing dazzling about those, barba just ****ed up :(

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Hahaha dazzling. Barba messed up then lost his confidence. Was an off night for him. Everyone has them.

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
Barba has been the only consistent bright spark this season. Where other players have good weeks every now and then, Barba is on every week solid and attacking well. Last week against the panthers he had an off night, was dissapointing, but deserves quite a bit of slack and no criticism. He can still hold his head up high and im sure he will be his own biggest critic and put in the hard yards and bounce bag bigger and better then ever......Barba is still quite the champion!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Two things I love in League: When people get hard ons for wingers and when people get hard ons over bombs...... Because it takes such talent to put up a bomb and hope for the best. Or stay in position and fall over the try line.

Barba, Pritchard, Turner and Tolman are immune from criticism this season.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I've really appreciated Turner this season. Reliable and always tries his best.

As for Barba the other night, I think it was one of those unfortunate things where the harder you try to make up for a mistake, the more mistakes you make. I felt sorry for him.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No one seems to notice/appreciate Pritchard's hard work this season, too.

Did you see Barba's apology on twitter? Poor guy.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
No one seems to notice/appreciate Pritchard's hard work this season, too.

Did you see Barba's apology on twitter? Poor guy.
I've noticed it when you've been fapping over him during games haha.

Nah, Pritchard's been good for us but I dunno why he wasn't fired up against his former team the other night? I expected more, tbh.

Yeah I saw his apology. I also saw a retweet of some of the abuse he was copping. Because one off game completely nullifies every great thing he's done for us this year.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He didn't fire up because thats not part of their plan.......

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I think it was one of those unfortunate things where the harder you try to make up for a mistake, the more mistakes you make. I felt sorry for him.
letting a bomb bounce is not trying harder you idiot

that is the opposite, its not trying

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've noticed it when you've been fapping over him during games haha.

Nah, Pritchard's been good for us but I dunno why he wasn't fired up against his former team the other night? I expected more, tbh.

Yeah I saw his apology. I also saw a retweet of some of the abuse he was copping. Because one off game completely nullifies every great thing he's done for us this year.
The irony of me fapping over a coconut.... Hahahaha.

FMD some people are so fickle. I hope he just brushes sht like that off. He didn't even need to apologise to begin with, anyway. He's been the form FB stats wise and needs to apologise for nothing. We're all entitled to fcking up a game or two.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Exactly. There is no excuse at all for not even attempting to catch the bombs, none at all. He was too ***** to even have a go. That's why he should be apologizing.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Exactly. There is no excuse at all for not even attempting to catch the bombs, none at all. He was too ***** to even have a go. That's why he should be apologizing.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
He brought the criticism on himself by not even attempting to go after a few bombs

Even if he wasnt sure he was gunna catch it he still should have gone for them

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about. Happy to be accountable for his mistakes unlike his coach.

Sent from my GT-I9000

P

Paint.

The whole team should apologise to him after he gets his Dally M tbh

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
The irony of me fapping over a coconut.... Hahahaha.

FMD some people are so fickle. I hope he just brushes sht like that off. He didn't even need to apologise to begin with, anyway. He's been the form FB stats wise and needs to apologise for nothing. We're all entitled to fcking up a game or two.
Agreed completely. He has been brilliant for us this season. Still, good on him for apologising, shows that he's mature & taking responsibility. Wish I could say the same for others..

Status
Not open for further replies.