Bangladeshi man lashed 100 times for having sex with Filipina maid in the UAE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
An unmarried foreign couple who admitted having sex in the United Arab Emirates have been ordered to receive 100 lashes by a sharia court.
The pair - a Filipina maid and her Bangladeshi boyfriend - were also ordered to be deported after the harsh punishment meted out just 20 miles from Dubai in Sharjah.
Police arrested the couple after a house owner reported how she saw the man, only identified as S.M., leave the home.

They admitted to having sex several times at the house owned by the maid's sponsor, the employer who previously backed her to stay in the country.

The man is believed to have already undergone his punishment, sustaining horrendous welts on his back and legs.
But the man's ordeal may not yet be over - it was reported that the man may face a year in prison for illegally entering the sponsor's home.
According to Sharia law if Muslims commit adultery they will be lashed and deported if they are expatriates, but non-Muslims will only be jailed and deported.

Click on the link if you want to see the image of the alleged man after the lashings (disturbing):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-100-times-having-sex-Filipina-maid-UAE.html

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I posted this for 2 reasons:

1. An understanding of Sharia law. Muslims recieve harsher penalties under Sharia law than Non-Muslims. Especially for you VAI

2. Understanding of where it's practiced. This happened outside of Dubai. Dubai apparently does not observe Sharia law. Whereas the city of Sharja does.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Why not just deport them?

Insult to injury

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why not just deport them?

Insult to injury
It's interesting because these days, people seem to just be deported rather than actually recieve the lashings. Especially if they are expatriates.

They seemed to be very harshly treated in this case compared to other cases IMO. Especially the fact they owned up and were honest about it.

Either way it's very important to observe the laws of the country. You just never know what will happen if you break the law and it ends up in the courts hands.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so boyfriend and girlfriend have sex in a foreign country and get in **** for it?

lol what a retarded country.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
It's interesting because these days, people seem to just be deported rather than actually recieve the lashings. Especially if they are expatriates.

They seemed to be very harshly treated in this case compared to other cases IMO. Especially the fact they owned up and were honest about it.

Either way it's very important to observe the laws of the country. You just never know what will happen if you break the law and it ends up in the courts hands.
if they own up to it then they have no choice but to be punished

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
another reason why you shouldnt post these articles rami. Already look at some of the responses, they dont agree with it so they mock it.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
if they own up to it then they have no choice but to be punished
That's also true. But being expatriates I would have thought they'd cop a non-violent penalty.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
another reason why you shouldnt post these articles rami. Already look at some of the responses, they dont agree with it so they mock it.

hani surely you don't agree with the punishment handed out

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
if he was given a fair trial, and it was proven he broke the law (shariah), then i suppose i'll feel sorry for him but that's shariah law. It's a very strict law.

I'm muslim and i wouldnt dare to do anything like this in a country run by shariah law. It's far too risky, hence why i doubt i can ever live in a country like this.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Living in such a country, you know what the laws are. There's no real unfairness at the end of the day when you know of the risks involved.

It may not have been a consistent ruling and a harsh one IMO, but you know what the laws are so you'd be an idiot to try and do something like this in the first place.

Whether you agree with the law itself is one thing. But choosing to live there and breaking their laws is another.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Living in such a country, you know what the laws are. There's no real unfairness at the end of the day when you know of the risks involved.

It may not have been a consistent ruling and a harsh one IMO, but you know what the laws are so you'd be an idiot to try and do something like this in the first place.

Whether you agree with the law itself is one thing. But choosing to live there and breaking their laws is another.

agree 100% blaqie respecting a law and agreeing with one are completely different

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Yes you can respect the laws, but you can also think the laws are absolutely fcked up and backwards.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes you can respect the laws, but you can also think the laws are absolutely fcked up and backwards.
You sure can and everyone will have their opinions. But that's not the point of this thread.

I wasn't trying to bring up religion, more the understanding and respect aspect of "law" to which luke has very wisely picked up on.

It seriously makes you realise not just how easy we have it, but it makes you realise you don't own this world. You travel to another culture and you almost become a nobody. Especially if you don't respect the laws.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's a Stupid law, im sorry if i offend anyone, but FMD, the punishment wasn't called for

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
It mentions the punishments for committing adultery, but states that these two were an unmarried couple. So is the punishment for having sex without being married, doing it in a sponsor's home, or just for getting it on?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
It mentions the punishments for committing adultery, but states that these two were an unmarried couple. So is the punishment for having sex without being married, doing it in a sponsor's home, or just for getting it on?
having sex when no married comes with a punishment of lashings, if he were married he would have been stoned to death

Status
Not open for further replies.