Official Bailey Biondi-Odo re-signs with the Bulldogs for two years

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great news….no lets all stand back and let him do his thing and develop and not put pressure on him to be our saviour. Keeping the media away from him might help as well.
Fantastic news, well timed ahead of his starting debut this weekend against the Tigers!

Let’s hope this gives BBO the confidence and clarity to do his thing and lead us to a much needed win!
(Of course, he’s gonna need a few of his underperforming side kicks to step up as well…)

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im as much of a fan as BBO as anyone. But he’s hasn’t even played a combined full game of FG and he’s being hyped up like crazy, I’m just worried about setting expectations for a 19 year old that are way too high. What happens when he doesn’t do anything magical for a couple weeks of starting and then another talented kid comes along and shines? TK will be calling for his head. The reality is, no one knows who will end up a better player when it’s all said and done but we gotta take into account all these boys are just beginning their careers
Yep mate only early and there will be peaks and troughs especially with a few spuds in the team atm.Really hope he plays well and get's a run for the rest of the year and moves forward from there.Not guaranteed this early on but he looks much more at home than Jake already, he has self confidence that's not a bad thing.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want him to go well this season, I want him to go well for at least a decade. So if he struggles a bit on Sunday, I'm fine with it. A few clutch plays along the way will be huge.
Unfortunately with the current squad we have anyone would struggle,but the experience he will have going into next season,will benefit him long term.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Difficult for halves to do well behind a pack that doesn't dominate, however this will be the first time in a very long time that the dogs have 3 in the spine with a decent amount of speed. Not sure who will kick, steer and organise but hope meaney, averillo n bbo run the ball at every opportunity.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will be great to see this time next year how many games he has played and I definitely see only better days ahead with him learning and building a strong partnership next year with Burton.

The kid is good prospect. Kicking coach and some extra muscle in the off season will do wonders for him.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unfortunately with the current squad we have anyone would struggle,but the experience he will have going into next season,will benefit him long term.
Hopefully he has the temperament to withstand the kind of confidence sapping issues that often come with being part of a poor performance, and hopefully the club is mindful of this. I would add that hopefully our fans will be patient for him, but for some reason that seems a bridge too far.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like someone else said i think it was Psycho Doggie?

He came from Parra and if we turn him into a superstar my god will it be funny sticking it to my Parra friends especially since they have never let me forgotten first Thurston then Cook despite neither player having anything to do with them

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett needs to give him the licence.. you know, the type that allows him to kick on the first if he sees it..

The problem is our kick chase is rubbish, players aren't looking for holes and there's just not enough bodies in motion..

I was kinda hoping we wouldn't play BBO in the halves until we get our shit sorted.. this team will make most halves look bad..

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett needs to give him the licence.. you know, the type that allows him to kick on the first if he sees it..

The problem is our kick chase is rubbish, players aren't looking for holes and there's just not enough bodies in motion..

I was kinda hoping we wouldn't play BBO in the halves until we get our shit sorted.. this team will make most halves look bad..
He is that type of player he kicked on the 3rd from halfway to get a repeat set last weekend eyes up footy.
But i agree he needs a license to float all over the field not this shit halves stuck on either side.
Burton as well!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

One of our great 5/8 Gary Hughes,made a habit of kicking on the first tackle,and 90% of times worked beautifully.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
One of our great 5/8 Gary Hughes,made a habit of kicking on the first tackle,and 90% of times worked beautifully.
As long as it's on and the execution is right the worst case scenario should be a repeat set in theory (close to the line). With the new rules if you get a 6 again it isn't really tackle 1 anyways.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm one of the few people that like a roll of the dice, even if it doesn't pay off.. at least they are having a go... I cannot handle when I see our team dying with the ball on the last.. for me that is completely unacceptable.. and it's happened countless times this year and ever since braindead hasler came up with that theory its better to dye with the ball then give away 7 tackle set..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally the gifted one has arrived, bit early but has Avo looking over his shoulder.

FatDogSlim

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I tell you what , if he’s able to shine in the halves with this shit show we better be prepared to upgrade his contract and sign him longer term

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im as much of a fan as BBO as anyone. But he’s hasn’t even played a combined full game of FG and he’s being hyped up like crazy, I’m just worried about setting expectations for a 19 year old that are way too high. What happens when he doesn’t do anything magical for a couple weeks of starting and then another talented kid comes along and shines? TK will be calling for his head. The reality is, no one knows who will end up a better player when it’s all said and done but we gotta take into account all these boys are just beginning their careers
I hear what you are saying mate and I agree but don’t be too hard on a supporter base that hasn’t seen any genuine talent in our halves for 10 years. Age has little to do with how these kids handle the pressure of first grade it’s attitude and competitive drive that makes the difference and plenty of debutants at other clubs have proven that this year. Like I said I agree with what you’re saying but Bailey is a different beast to the player’s you’ve named.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm one of the few people that like a roll of the dice, even if it doesn't pay off.. at least they are having a go... I cannot handle when I see our team dying with the ball on the last.. for me that is completely unacceptable.. and it's happened countless times this year and ever since braindead hasler came up with that theory if better to dye with the ball then give away 7 tackle set..
We finally have a half that can accurately put a grubber into the in goal............I don’t know what else to say :-)

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Ok..one thing at least Doorey should not be in the comparison at all..he is soft this kid has way bigger kahoneys, has shown it and is 25kgs lighter ffs.Agree the promising ones get pumped up too much but i reckon this kid will prove to be much better than Avo and Schoupp and IS a genuine spine player..will absolutely shine i reckon.
I reckon Doorey hasnt been the same since Talakai ironed him out.