Backline next year?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is averillo even under contract beyond this year?
He is off contract and I can just see Parramatta have a big crack at signing him with the lure of offering him the fullback role.

I hope he stays.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Please no. Not another contract handed out to Knockonmor.
My crystal ball prediction is they re-sign him, I wouldn’t personally, but I’m running with the idea that CC keeps him in the team so he must like him, Gus has praised him a number of times and if he is only taking up min wage then it’s more money for other signings. I think we can do better with min wage spots, but I just have a gut feeling.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Next year will very different again, especially if we get some consistency and work on our expansive attack like yesterdays game. And the new signings, looking forward to it that’s for sure.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My crystal ball prediction is they re-sign him, I wouldn’t personally, but I’m running with the idea that CC keeps him in the team so he must like him, Gus has praised him a number of times and if he is only taking up min wage then it’s more money for other signings. I think we can do better with min wage spots, but I just have a gut feeling.
Seems that is the most probable outcome sadly but he is taking up a Top 30 spot. The money is irrelevant by comparison.

Gus and Cirro's decision but he has reached his ceiling I reckon. Even yesterday. Pussyfooting around with second attempt tackles. Ugh :grinning:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We are the complete opposite to other teams. Most teams tend to have issues with their backs and don’t have any good depth unlike us but then most of all those teams have so much decent forwards coming through and playing already whilst we have some of the worst.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems that is the most probable outcome sadly but he is taking up a Top 30 spot. The money is irrelevant by comparison.
If the RLPA gets their way next year will be Top 40 with no more "Development Players". They want full NRL contracts for all Top 40 players, to give them some job security and with that the ability to get loans and finance for homes and cars etc.

Always a Bulldog

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s most likely here again next year. I know the user who said it but not gonna put them in the spotlight but its a two-year extension

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Averillo gets a new deal this is how I would go too. I think if Averillo has a position 14 is it. At a pinch he can do a job filling in from 1-7.
Avo has the potential to be a good 14

Reactions: CMP

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Prefer the rest of the season to make this opinion. Just when you think Avo's done he pulls out a game like yesterday. He was always capable of it but rarely done.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough call, and I'm starting to question if we panic bought Crichton, because (personally) I don't see him offering a huge amount more than we already have.

CRICHTON - Simply because that's the position we offered him.
JAC - Absolute shoe in for one spot on wing.
XERRI - Beast centre with speed and size.
AVERILLO - Decent size and speed.
KIRAZ - You'd have to think has the other wing spot.

ALAMOTI & SKELTON - Future at Second Row or Lock I reckon.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is off contract and I can just see Parramatta have a big crack at signing him with the lure of offering him the fullback role.

I hope he stays.
I can see them playing him in the other centre roll with penisini taking one side. But also I can see manly or penrith grabbing him

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see them playing him in the other centre roll with penisini taking one side. But also I can see manly or penrith grabbing him
I like Averillo however with our current backline roster already signed for 2024 he isn’t a shoe in for getting offered a new deal.

I would offer him a fair price two year extension right now. Maybe harsh but almost a take it or leave it offer. That way if he does sign. He will have security and the club can also push his progression in the direction they like.

If he rejects the offer the club moves on and everyone knows the direction we are heading for next season and beyond.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Alamoti, Crighton, JAC, Kiraz are in the backs longer term use asks me. Averillo carved up that moron fickin Lomax so pipe down my friend. I'd keep Avo the stupido another year incase fuckin Xerri. Fuckin, fuckin, Xerri fails. This douche been out the game 4 fuckin years. Cocksuckers turn informant facing4 years. That's a long time out the game. I wouldn't hold my breathe. He might take a long time to find his feet. Now for young Paul, he a kid. The games he got fuckin rinsed, the poor guy got moved to wing and had a retard backrower helping him. I can't see how people saying he a maybe, he showing great signs for a kid.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tough call, and I'm starting to question if we panic bought Crichton, because (personally) I don't see him offering a huge amount more than we already have.

CRICHTON - Simply because that's the position we offered him.
JAC - Absolute shoe in for one spot on wing.
XERRI - Beast centre with speed and size.
AVERILLO - Decent size and speed.
KIRAZ - You'd have to think has the other wing spot.

ALAMOTI & SKELTON - Future at Second Row or Lock I reckon.
Alamoti is head and shoulders above any centre we have or going to have in our stocks... Probably should retract that one.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Perham
2. Fox
3. Xeri
4. Crichton
5. Kiraz
6. BBO
7. Burton

14. Avarillo

bigdoggie8

Waterboy
Reaction score
Got to love the fickleness. The same people putting Averillo in were crucifying him a week ago.

1. Crichton
2. JAC
3. Alamoti
4. Averillo
5. Kiraz

With Xerri replacing Averillo eventually. Alamoti was looking great inside of JAC.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Crighton / Perham / Papali'i
2. Fox / Wilson
3. Alamoti / Clarke
4. Averillo / Xerri
5. Kiraz / Skelton
6. KO / BBO / Rajab
7. Burton / Hayward

14. Perham / Averillo

Stacked.