Backlash over new Islamic school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
You miss the point, dont get me wrong I think its a bad idea to put one up there too. But it's got nothing to do with the location, just the reaction they will receive from the locals, which really shouldnt be an issue here in australia - a country that prides it self on multiculturalism.
last time i went down that way... there are hardly any muslims living in mt annan, narellan, harrington park, camden and cawdor.

its very pointless to build one there.

atm the community are split 50/50

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sh1t go by nieve and ignorant ppl. Lower Socio-economic status will do that 2u though...

but

Australia is a racist country
Im offended by that tbh...

Guessing you havnt travelled much ay?

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
last time i went down that way... there are hardly any muslims living in mt annan, narellan, harrington park, camden and cawdor.

its very pointless to build one there.

atm the community are split 50/50
Again, you miss the point lol. Say it was an awesome location to put one there, do you think the locals would change their tone?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Again, you miss the point lol. Say it was an awesome location to put one there, do you think the locals would change their tone?
haha nope... knowing how camden is like they wont change their minds... they are quite stubborn

but the other factor why the camden council want to build a islamic school there is because in 10 years time... the population will expand to 200, 000 which in the mean time they are building properties around the area

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Im offended by that tbh...

Guessing you havnt travelled much ay?

I heard England is a racist place, I heard America is a racist place etc

bottom line is no matter where you go in the world.... there is going to be racisim

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard England is a racist place, I heard America is a racist place etc

bottom line is no matter where you go in the world.... there is going to be racisim
exactly
Except in The US and some parts of England you can be KILLED or raped for being a certian colour or ethnicity...

Dulls in comparison to the worst case in OZ.

H

Hazmak

OMG?! Are you serious? Australia objecting / being racist against Muslims?! I don't believe it!

You're just playing the race card tbh

D

D0ggyStylz

never know dude. I am not agreeing with ozman here. However, if there was a larger islamic population out that way I guess this might not even be news. There would be nothing to report perhaps?

D

D0ggyStylz

OMG?! Are you serious? Australia objecting / being racist against Muslims?! I don't believe it!

You're just playing the race card tbh
Go cry us a river and change your name to Henry already

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
never know dude. I am not agreeing with ozman here. However, if there was a larger islamic population out that way I guess this might not even be news. There would be nothing to report perhaps?
Some of the locals were quoted saying that they didnt want their town to turn into lakemba or bankstown. If there was a large islamic comunity out that way I have a feeling we would of heard these hicks have a whinge a long time ago.

D

D0ggyStylz

Some of the locals were quoted saying that they didnt want their town to turn into lakemba or bankstown. If there was a large islamic comunity out that way I have a feeling we would of heard these hicks have a whinge a long time ago.

i agree that is pretty ****ed up

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
well i assume those locals haven traveled up the camden valley way to know what these places look like.

D

D0ggyStylz

I think what ozman is trying to get at is that there is not a big islamic community out there so there is probably no point for this school to be out there.

I see where the anger you people (sorry that was a bad joke) have with this though.

H

Hazmak

There is a point for it to be out there.

For an application to be given consent by the council, there MUST have been some sort of demand.

D

D0ggyStylz

For an application to be given consent by the council, there MUST have been some sort of demand.
If there is a demand out there then there should be no issues with having it there and I agree with you.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score

there is no demand for an islamic out in the macarthur area...

the council is only doing this to increase the population of camden

Status
Not open for further replies.