News Back to the future? Bulldogs interview Ray Dib for CEO role

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray Dib biggest mistake was hiring Castle. The club was doing really well As a club. And my sources at the time when the board overthrew him, said themselves he done a really good job running the club on the business side of things. His biggest mistake was castle and re signing Des.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What has Laundy done? We’ve read stories about him chatting to Burtons parents, and he’s given us the lint in his pocket for sponsorship whilst making his feelings about the clubs direction known at every available opportunity.. and has threatened to pull sponsorship already if he didn’t get his way lol.
I cant give you a precise answer in regards to what Laundy has actually done, all I can do is go off the same reports everybody else has read via the media no different to you. All of what you said, whether it be true or not is what I have heard too, is all of it true? Who knows? All I actually know is that ever since Arthur Laundy has come on board at the Dogs things have been looking up for a change, and it’s not his fault the Dogs offered him free sponsorship until the completion of season 2020, he would be a poor businessman not to accept that kind of offer yeah?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD can’t be serious there is no one worthy from that lot.
Why would we even interview dib when he was part of the old crew who allowed all those massive payments.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
What a lot of members of TK seem to fail to accept is that Dib was President/Chairman of the club from 2010 to 2017. In those first 4 years (with Greenburg as CEO) no-one was screaming out about his performance at that time......the troubles seem to coincide with the signing of one Des Hasler who was known to be a difficult beast to deal with. Also in this timeframe we saw the rise of Raelene......not sure if that really helped. No matter what people say, Dib did a lot of good things commercially with the club and it was one of the strongest at that time. I agree, letting him too close to the football side of things could bring about problems...........Having said all of that, I think that the club should move forward and not backwards.......just think that people should recognise that Dib wasn't as bad for the club as some of you choose to make out. As for Mr Laundy......he has from what I have read, signed one of the lowest sponsorship deals for front of jersey in the NRL and I am not sure if that entitles him to have a major say in the running of the club.........involve him in discussions, but it is not his position to make decisions......rant over......

headphonehouse

New Pup
Reaction score
I cant believe so many negative comments.

Ray Dib had the club financially solid and was a major contributor to significant sponsorship dollars supporting our now practically broke club.

Money makes the world go around and as you can see by the state our club has been the last few years we certainly need to improve the balance sheet.

Im sure a few of Dibs decisions even he would have liked to do differently but whats done is done.

I welcome Ray Dib 2.0 with new ideas, a vision and a dream to restore our club.

I struggled to be proud of the dogs the last few years and whilst Ray Dib isnt the solitary answer to success he's got my vote and Im certain he's in the run for the right reasons and will do the job.

Our leaders in the last few years have been nothing short of atrocious and have done nothing for the future of our club.

Cmon we couldnt even land a decent sponsor. The one we sort of had practically got it for free.

How long could we have sustained no corporate backing.

If youve ever met Ray you'd know he's a champion man and wants the club to succeed.

headphonehouse

New Pup
Reaction score
What a lot of members of TK seem to fail to accept is that Dib was President/Chairman of the club from 2010 to 2017. In those first 4 years (with Greenburg as CEO) no-one was screaming out about his performance at that time......the troubles seem to coincide with the signing of one Des Hasler who was known to be a difficult beast to deal with. Also in this timeframe we saw the rise of Raelene......not sure if that really helped. No matter what people say, Dib did a lot of good things commercially with the club and it was one of the strongest at that time. I agree, letting him too close to the football side of things could bring about problems...........Having said all of that, I think that the club should move forward and not backwards.......just think that people should recognise that Dib wasn't as bad for the club as some of you choose to make out. As for Mr Laundy......he has from what I have read, signed one of the lowest sponsorship deals for front of jersey in the NRL and I am not sure if that entitles him to have a major say in the running of the club.........involve him in discussions, but it is not his position to make decisions......rant over......
Absolutely agree.

I point the finger at that Manly **** Hasler.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, well, the penny is starting to drop. When Peter McMahon was reappointed to the board last year, after being a board ally of Dib for several years, I thought ok Khoury must have his reasons. I suspect that Hill's termination following his contract expiry, was simply part of the plan to leverage Dib into the CEO role. If we take this report at face value, the short list seems pretty ordinary and if Dib is appointed it may seem that the best of an ordinary bunch got the job. I voted against Dib when the Andersons took over because of the Hasler/Castle debacle, any opposition would do at that time. This report seems unlikely to us fans without any inside knowledge, but McMahons appointment makes it seem credible. Dibs appointment as CEO would seem hard to fathom by many of us but, and it's a big but, it could be a masterstroke, or it could be divisive. Maybe our posters with spies eg. @Dvoice, @ASSASSIN and any others can dig a bit and see what turns up.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Ray Dib had the club financially solid and was a major contributor to significant sponsorship dollars supporting our now practically broke club.

Money makes the world go around and as you can see by the state our club has been the last few years we certainly need to improve the balance sheet.

Im sure a few of Dibs decisions even he would have liked to do differently but whats done is done.

I struggled to be proud of the dogs the last few years and whilst Ray Dib isnt the solitary answer to success he's got my vote and Im certain he's in the run for the right reasons and will do the job.

Our leaders in the last few years have been nothing short of atrocious and have done nothing for the future of our club.

Cmon we couldnt even land a decent sponsor. The one we sort of had practically got it for free.

If youve ever met Ray you'd know he's a champion man and wants the club to succeed.
Are you Ray Dib ? You joined today lol

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was major part of the transformation of the club, made some mistakes towards the end of his time. To me he's an asset to the club even though I voted for the change like most people here, but I want what's best for the club and I know he's really good at his job and can move this club forward. I don't agree with some of his decisions but when I look back he made mistakes towards the end of his time. Deserves a second chance.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting aids twice with that scum bag
I wouldn’t let that prick mange my fantasy team
Are you sure. Apparently his a good fanasty player. He finished 23rd nation wide in SuperCoach in 2019.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
It's a win win for dib, the board are in a predicament. Financially they need dib, but no one wants him there for obvious reasons. Dib applied doesn't get it , he can say I tried to help but was rejected and look the club is still struggling..I could have made a difference. If he gets the job than he is back in potentially setting up his prices for another run.
I don't think dib and laundys ego's would fit in one room. Definitely need business smarts but risky move. I prefer dib over laundy I must admit.

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
What has Laundy done? We’ve read stories about him chatting to Burtons parents, and he’s given us the lint in his pocket for sponsorship whilst making his feelings about the clubs direction known at every available opportunity.. and has threatened to pull sponsorship already if he didn’t get his way lol.
Yea I prefer dib over laundry.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what happened to a recent story or rumour I saw that Craig Laundy (ex-federal politician) was going to get involved, assuming as CEO?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what happened to a recent story or rumour I saw that Craig Laundy (ex-federal politician) was going to get involved, assuming as CEO?
Think it’s a rumour like a lot of the work the Landys have been credited for. It would be a massive step down from a million plus dollar salary at his family’s business to getting well under half a million at the Dogs as CEO.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Nice to hear from you Ray and thanks for fucking our club you piece of shit. We are finally getting in a good position and hope you keep the fuck away. The AGM on Sunday will be interesting