News Back to Belmore survey

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
78.5 % of stats are bullshit

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t understand how Brookvale gets a pass though ?
Well said,u can also put Campbeltown,and kogarah,in there as well,one of the major requirements to any stadium upgrades is the access to public transport,that is in line with government and nrl requirements,well belmore meets all those requirements,and certainly comes out better,than brookvale,and any of the others,200 million spent on new catering ,corporate boxes,and toilet facilities,a 22,000 seat stadium,it’s not out of the equation.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take the tin foil hat off it’s definitely the ground. There’s been nothing done to it in 30 years and it shows. The grandstand can’t even fit all the season ticket holders or corporates. It’s needs that much work done to it that it would better to just level the place and start again rather than try to build on what already exists.
I have no problem with that. I didn't defend the existing ground.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s cursed. How many times have we been flogged since going back there. Fuck that.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I do not want us back there until the team is competitive. The atmosphere will be unreal when we are a force again.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a footy club member. I didn't notice receiving anything about it.
Me too, was it invitational only ?
I am as well and I didn’t get any calls or emails. At the bottom it says they picked out members at random but there’s not that many football club members so interesting that there’s at least 3 no’s.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BACK TO BELMORE - PRESS RELEASE
Monday, 2 August 2021
The 2021 Back to Belmore Special Survey, conducted by research company Typeform, asked almost 400 rank-and-file members of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Rugby League Club their views about Belmore Sports Ground and its future between 9 June and 14 July. Of the 314 respondents who participated in the survey, more than three quarters believe that Belmore Sports Ground should be upgraded and/or redeveloped to facilitate multiple Bulldogs NRL fixtures at the iconic venue in the long-term future but almost one in two members polled are dissatisfied with just one premiership match being played at the historic facility each year.
The findings show that the issue of Belmore is considered important by only 47.13% of surveyed participants in determining voting preferences for the board of directors at the next Annual General Meeting in February 2022 but 75.16% of members believe that the relationship between the Bulldogs and Back to Belmore is important in safeguarding Belmore Sports Ground’s future as a top-class sporting facility. In addition, 60.19% of respondents said they were satisfied with the Bulldogs’ overall level of commitment in ensuring Belmore Sports Ground remains the spiritual home of the club. The poll also found that a whopping 78.66% believe that an upgraded facility would be a key driver of economic activity in the Canterbury-Bankstown area.
The exclusive findings come as the NRL last week shifted the Round 21 Belmore fixture between the Bulldogs and Wests Tigers to Moreton Daily Stadium in Redcliffe, Queensland in response to the extended lockdown and surging COVID-19 outbreak in Sydney. As late as mid-June, the Bulldogs had also intended on scheduling their Round 20 game against the Gold Coast Titans at their spiritual home, setting Belmore abuzz with two weeks of festivities and consecutive NRL matches at the historic venue for the first time since Rounds 1 and 2 in 1998.
Back to Belmore Patron Luke Brailey said the survey results were in line with Bulldogs member sentiment regarding Belmore Sports Ground.
“The results certainly don’t come as any surprise at all. However, contrary to popular belief, the ability of playing more NRL games at Belmore is not determined by the Bulldogs or Back to Belmore. It is controlled by the NRL’s boutique stadium strategy and the current TV rights deals with the Nine Network and Fox Sports which are up for renewal in 2022 and 2027, respectively.” said Mr Brailey.
“The venue is simply not at the required standard to facilitate multiple NRL matches at the present time. To be honest, the Bulldogs are fortunate to be allocated one premiership game there each year. A detailed business case is still needed for Belmore moving forward. Back to Belmore is in active and ongoing discussions with the Bulldogs to pursue avenues to lobby for more funding and work together in a collaborative manner to safeguard Belmore Sports Ground for future generations when the occasion arises.
“In late 2020 and early 2021, the Bulldogs refurbished and upgraded their NRL Centre of Excellence at Belmore and they are about to commence a major rejuvenation of their offices. Canterbury also play their NSWRL competition games, CBDJRL grand finals and pathway rep games (males and females) at Belmore. Suffice it to say, to any outsider looking in, the Bulldogs remain very much committed to Belmore Sports Ground as their home base and that commitment, I believe, is accurately reflected in these survey results today.”

View attachment 27742
The return to Belmore - YouTube
Beau In Belmore NRL Footy Show - YouTube

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And the red rattlers slowing down to have a quick look at a kick for goal. Or beeping to put the oppositions kicker off

View attachment 27763
You know the funny yet unsurprising thing about this? The train was late and by the time it slowed down to go past Belmore blowing its horn in honour of Baa, the players had already left the field :tearsofjoy:. #ShittyRail

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The return to Belmore video you posted was fantastic. Almost 17 thousand strong cheering on the Dogs in a packed house, you cant beat it. The Bulldogs graffiti and murals down the lane near the station and on the gates, the years we have won premierships emblazoned around the stadium and a stones throw away from the leagues club makes it known that its OUR home. I would love for council as well as the club to upgrade and make it a viable home ground for us again, similar to what Leichardt is to West Tigers. Getting 8000 to an empty ANZ stadium where other teams and other codes play and train without any atmosphere and feeling of home sucks and i hate going there to be honest

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Belmore is an absolute dump and shouldnt be used for any NRL games

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My parents are the ones who blessed me with dogs fandom they always talk about it and go back every time they play there
I second what Chris said, those were the days at Belmore and for me from the late 70's onwards, it probably was as good or better before then too.
Obviously the ground and overall facilities have passed their use by date which is sad.Cest La Vie i guess...

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The return to Belmore video you posted was fantastic. Almost 17 thousand strong cheering on the Dogs in a packed house, you cant beat it. The Bulldogs graffiti and murals down the lane near the station and on the gates, the years we have won premierships emblazoned around the stadium and a stones throw away from the leagues club makes it known that its OUR home. I would love for council as well as the club to upgrade and make it a viable home ground for us again, similar to what Leichardt is to West Tigers. Getting 8000 to an empty ANZ stadium where other teams and other codes play and train without any atmosphere and feeling of home sucks and i hate going there to be honest
Thanks Philmus, I Thought exactly the same way when I saw this video , bought back a lot of memories of going to watch the Bulldogs with my father all those years ago we used to park near the tunnel and walk over the railway bridge across the park go through the turnstiles into the ground and sit on the hill right in the middle. My father passed away a few months ago unfortunately, but I hope they do upgrade Belmore so that my Beloved Bulldog son can take me there and we can park in the same place, and another Generation of Bulldog fanatics can continue this wonderful Bulldog tradition