Baby Boom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just my imagination, or is there ALOT of people having kiddies recently? And I don't think it is just my age group....many women older than me have recently had one, or are expecting. Soooo many women I know personallyare knocked up ATM! Im not talking about just noticing women in the street.

The amount of pregnancies has just BOOMED....has anyone else noticed this?

Women are popping them out like they are going out of fashion!

p.s- I honestly don't think it is because of the baby bonus, although it may be an incentive to keep the pregnancy?

Thoughts?!

Last edited by a moderator:

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, you're just clucky Kurry. :whacky:

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
maybe it's just in penriff
i was just about to say that... i hope you dont get offended kurry, but when we were in penrith a few weeks back for the dogs game, it seemed like every second girl there was pregnant

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
ever since the $5k a baby introduction, theres been a baby boom by the drug community also :p

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
they don't make condoms like they used to :p

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, you're just clucky Kurry. :whacky:
Nope. Well, maybe, but it hasn't effected my observation skills. Just because i now adore children, doesn't mean I've started to notice them and their origins more :p

i was just about to say that... i hope you dont get offended kurry, but when we were in penrith a few weeks back for the dogs game, it seemed like every second girl there was pregnant
Nah, no offence, I know there is a high rate of pregnancy out this way....probably a reasoning as to why alot of my school mates now have children. But it isn't restricted to that....many of the women i know expecting are well to do career women who live no where near here.

And tbh, before last year it was all quiet in the procreation stakes (even adult women not my teen friends)....and now suddenyl BOOM, every one seems to be announcing their knocked up state.

Honestly, this isn't happening with anyone one else here? lol :whacky:

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lmaoo i was just kidding but this made me laugh!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They think the baby bonus plus government support is an income

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok ok please do not turn this into a Penrith bashing :sleepy:

Unlike perhaps some of you, my aquaintences aren't restricted to within a 10km radius of my house.

And my friends are not bums who rely on government money :sleepy:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok ok please do not turn this into a Penrith bashing :sleepy:

Unlike perhaps some of you, my aquaintences aren't restricted to within a 10km radius of my house.

And my friends are not bums who rely on government money :sleepy:
I was talking in general

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
at work, 1 dentist and 2 nurses are TRYING to get pregnant... thats all i know

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
They think the baby bonus plus government support is an income
I don't...Plus my Sister never saw hers (which was about $1000 back in about 2001) - apparently her ex (my Nephew's real dad - not that my Nephew even cares about him anyway) paid off some "debts" - not that any of us believe that.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe due to the 'financial crisis' pharmaceutical companies are using placebos instead of the proper stuff in their contraceptive pills. :whacky:

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
lol thats so true
i saw a pregnant chick that was like 14

nah i no what your talking about kurry
heaps of chicks that went to my school who are like 20 now are getting pregnant even girls my age have babies

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I reckon due to your job you're noticing the phenomena more often.

There may be some statistical truth to it, perhaps a percentage increase, and the rest of it might be your mind doing tricks. There's a term for it, but I cant remember it. Something-association. Maybe it's cognitive association !

Kind of like how you only start noticing how many cars are the same model as yours after you buy one !

You're starting to notice how many pregnancies there are, now that your brain has made the association !

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon due to your job you're noticing the phenomena more often.

There may be some statistical truth to it, perhaps a percentage increase, and the rest of it might be your mind doing tricks. There's a term for it, but I cant remember it. Something-association. Maybe it's cognitive association !

Kind of like how you only start noticing how many cars are the same model as yours after you buy one !

You're starting to notice how many pregnancies there are, now that your brain has made the association !
Perhaps, but I have always been pretty insynch with what goes on around me in regards to other people.

And im not talking about the randoms who come into work - pregnant chicks always frequent a doc surgery! Im more talking about pregnancies amongst the wide range and demographics of people i know personally - friends, family friends, relatives, mutual friends etc

It's kind of freaking me out tbh.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
[DoGgIeS FaN];1743726 said:
lol thats so true
i saw a pregnant chick that was like 14

nah i no what your talking about kurry
heaps of chicks that went to my school who are like 20 now are getting pregnant even girls my age have babies
Welcome to my world Doggies Fan.

Out of everyone I went to school with, I am possibly one of the few females who STILL doesn't have kids and I have no intention of ever falling preggers despite now being in my mid-30's. I made that decision in my early 20's and I still stand by that.

I don't even want anything to do with the Education System at all (I think I put my parents through enough pain) and if I do want kids - they will be of the four-legged variety.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to my world Doggies Fan.

Out of everyone I went to school with, I am possibly one of the few females who STILL doesn't have kids and I have no intention of ever falling preggers despite now being in my mid-30's. I made that decision in my early 20's and I still stand by that.

I don't even want anything to do with the Education System at all (I think I put my parents through enough pain) and if I do want kids - they will be of the four-legged variety.
You know what, I really respect your firm decision on this matter. IMO it has to be a pretty brave thing- i know if i decided i didn't want children id always be like "what if" "what am i missing out on"....but then again i find it hard to imagine a life WITHOUT my little kiddies running around and watching them grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.