Averillo

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo as a rookie suffered under rookie coaches. He and BBO who would benefit with the guidance of an experienced coach and better staff. Both need to go back to reserves and be given assignments on where they believe their games regressed in firsts and to improve themselves. I feel having tasted NRL already would motivate them to see it as an achievable destination again.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only hope for Avo’s career is a fresh start. I don’t see a superstar, but he showed a little something early in his FG career. He would benefit from being in a strong team, with strong leadership and players around him. As a player in the Storm, Panthers, Roosters systems he could make a decent back up or 14.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t stand the kid he has completely lost all confidence and getting shitter every week. If they need to fit him in I’d throw him in fb and see how he goes but even then I’d prefer not to see him in first grade again. Him and a bunch of other muppets need to find another job cause playing footy isn’t something they are good at, if he gets picked along with okunbor, Stimson and dufty next week then I’m not watching.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Irrespective of Allan being fit(maybe plays fb?)Avo should go back to reggies find some desire and grow a set, meanwhile Harry should shuffle things a bit and give Declan Casey a crack on the wing and Kiraz in the centres?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Irrespective of Allan being fit(maybe plays fb?)Avo should go back to reggies find some desire and grow a set, meanwhile Harry should shuffle things a bit and give Declan Casey a crack on the wing and Kiraz in the centres?
Is "Harry" officially Potter's nickname or one you gave him?

Either way - it's a good one

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He has the athletic ability but he doesn't have the mental fortitude, footy IQ or toughness to play FG. Kiraz has done more in two games than Averillo has done in two seasons.. Averillo needs to stay in Reserves for a while.
For ever

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I’ve always said he was rubbish but some context from last night for some balance:
Okunbor - 7 runs 48 run metres 8 pcm
Flange - 1 run, 5 run metres, 3 pcm
It is absolutely embarrassing
Yeah there was 1 run of Okunbor's where he made about minus 10 PCM.

I am not joking - he jogged into the tackle and was too upright and got forced back a really long way.

Not good when you consider how big he is. Schoupp runs the ball up with heart. Okunbor does not.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Someone posted a pic with Mick done up as Harry Potter and Assassin started running with it, I think it’s a cracker - he’s going to need some magic.
Yep - awesome nickname. Love it!

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
When does his current contract end ?
Just checked the website. Unfortunately, Averillo is contracted until the end of 2023.

Hopefully Gould looks to move him on early.

All positions on the field are important - some more so than others.

It has been said before centre is the hardest position to defend.

When I compare Averillo to a defensive gun like Josh Morris, it makes me feel depressed.

We get found out time and time again on Averillo's side of the field.

It's like the opposition just spread the ball wide and we somehow end up one and often two players short in defence.

We do not appear to have any ability to adjust our defence - to cut off a move or slide. They just run through our defence and score.

Combine that with Averillo being exceptionally poor one on one - (too weak, too small and too scared) and there are easy points on offer for whoever plays us.

He needs to go - either to NSW Cup or another club. Either way I don't care, but please just get him out of first grade. He is a long way out of his depth.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah there was 1 run of Okunbor's where he made about minus 10 PCM.

I am not joking - he jogged into the tackle and was too upright and got forced back a really long way.

Not good when you consider how big he is. Schoupp runs the ball up with heart. Okunbor does not.
Yeah mate, agree totally, compare those 2 spuds to the other side:

Schoupp: 13 runs, 78 run metres, 27 pcm
Kiraz: 14 runs, 110 run metres, 39 pcm

2 of our youngest players making a huge difference, that’s what you need from your backs these days.